View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to specialize as infantry

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they should be integrated with the males

    101 57.71%
  • Yes, but keep their units seperate from male units

    16 9.14%
  • No, but women should be given some basic infantry skills beyond basic training

    33 18.86%
  • No, women should never serve in a role where they may encounter combat

    15 8.57%
  • Other....

    10 5.71%
Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 877

Thread: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

  1. #831
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one is suggesting that every woman, or even most women, are capable of being infantry. Nor is every, or even most men. However, those who can should be allowed.
    As long as they're placed in all female units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #832
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    I agree with Redress. The only thing I have heard over and over again on this forum is that women can't physically carry 80 pounds on their backs for long distances.
    But, it's not all that's been said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #833
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    How come there wasn't a choice for an all female infantry?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #834
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,183

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How come there wasn't a choice for an all female infantry?
    Poll option no. #2: "Yes, but keep their units separate from male units".
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #835
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Poll option no. #2: "Yes, but keep their units separate from male units".
    No, there would still be male units.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #836
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I have been very clear in what I am seeking. You've not provided a valid reason period. You've also failed to actually answer my questions.

    Why is that I wonder?
    So far you've stated that you've hit Women. (In the Line of Duty), so you say. I haven't...You've trained with Women in the Martial Arts. I haven't. You want Women to be placed in Hand to Hand Combat with Men. I don't.

    99.9.% of the Women I know will tell you to bugger off Lerxst. There's no "wondering" about that fact Lex.

    Take care.

  7. #837
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Should women be allowed for trying out in the special forces? No. why? because most women who join the military are ugly as hell, and if a women who makes it through SF training, well can you only imagine what the hell she looks like?!

  8. #838
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalin_was_a_nice_being View Post
    Should women be allowed for trying out in the special forces? No. why? because most women who join the military are ugly as hell, and if a women who makes it through SF training, well can you only imagine what the hell she looks like?!
    Pelosi? Sorry,,,I couldn't help it.

  9. #839
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    [QUOTE=stalin_was_a_nice_being;1058191197]Should women be allowed for trying out in the special forces? No. why? because most women who join the military are ugly as hell, and if a women who makes it through SF training, well can you only imagine what the hell she looks like?![/QUOTE

    i think women ought to be in special forces if they are interested enough and qualify. What the women look like has nothing to do with their qualifications.

    I am sure there are some ugly men in special forces too.

    Being ugly as hell could be a benefit serving in special forces. Why do you think they call them 'special'.

    Are they all supposed to look like Demi Moore or Private Benjamin?
    Last edited by windovervocalcords; 08-13-09 at 08:35 PM.

  10. #840
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalin_was_a_nice_being View Post
    Should women be allowed for trying out in the special forces? No. why? because most women who join the military are ugly as hell, and if a women who makes it through SF training, well can you only imagine what the hell she looks like?!
    When did the infantry become a special force?

Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •