View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to specialize as infantry

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they should be integrated with the males

    101 57.71%
  • Yes, but keep their units seperate from male units

    16 9.14%
  • No, but women should be given some basic infantry skills beyond basic training

    33 18.86%
  • No, women should never serve in a role where they may encounter combat

    15 8.57%
  • Other....

    10 5.71%
Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 877

Thread: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

  1. #591
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    While my opposition to females serving in combat units, especially infantry units isn't about ability, it is a fact that a 115 pound woman isn't going to be able to perform some tasks. If females are ever allowed to serve in infantry units, they should have to perform all tasks to the same standards as male soldiers; no gener norming.
    what makes you think a 115 lb woman who can not carry the necessary gear would be approved for and placed in a position to fail, jeopardizing her unit?
    and just who has claimed we need to loosent the standards to allow women to serve?

    I believe what you just posted would fall under Red Herring

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #592
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    Tashah is a seasoned military person, and as such brings a point of view that maybe old white dudes of an antiquated mindset do not get
    did you know gays are not allowed to serve openly in the military?
    do you really think those same people would come to a better conclusion when it comes to women?
    maybe you should focus on that for a bit
    Or maybe you should take the advice of a male seasoned veteran who was actually in the United States armed forces and realize the rules are in place for the most important part of being a solider or in the military; unit cohesion. Without that the whole network breaks down, period. The next step is people dying, and that is no exaggeration.

    I agree with her in that it is unfair, that does not mean it is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #593
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    Tashah is a seasoned military person, and as such brings a point of view that maybe old white dudes of an antiquated mindset do not get
    did you know gays are not allowed to serve openly in the military?
    do you really think those same people would come to a better conclusion when it comes to women?
    maybe you should focus on that for a bit
    Why are you making this racial?

  4. #594
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    what makes you think a 115 lb woman who can not carry the necessary gear would be approved for and placed in a position to fail, jeopardizing her unit?
    and just who has claimed we need to loosent the standards to allow women to serve?

    I believe what you just posted would fall under Red Herring
    A woman who can't carry her own gear won't be approved to serve in a position to fail; hence the reason for a ban on females in combat arms units.

    No one said that the standards should be lowered for women to serve in infantry units. Female PT standard already are lower than male standards.
    Last edited by apdst; 08-05-09 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #595
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Or maybe you should take the advice of a male seasoned veteran who was actually in the United States armed forces and realize the rules are in place for the most important part of being a solider or in the military; unit cohesion. Without that the whole network breaks down, period. The next step is people dying, and that is no exaggeration.

    I agree with her in that it is unfair, that does not mean it is correct.
    That's right. There's a huge difference between being embedded with a combat unit and being an actual combat soldier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #596
    User smartaleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    09-01-09 @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    79

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    Tashah is a seasoned military person, and as such brings a point of view that maybe old white dudes of an antiquated mindset do not get
    did you know gays are not allowed to serve openly in the military?
    do you really think those same people would come to a better conclusion when it comes to women?
    maybe you should focus on that for a bit
    Another point well made . Especially about the old white dudes. I got a good chuckle out of that because I'm married to one. Iam lucky that my husband has always supported me and thinks women can do anything they set out to do. Are some men now day's so insecure and feel so threatened by women that they refuse to acknowledge what women are capable of? Are they so desperate that they need to bring up the only advantage they have over women? Size and muscle power.

    Your bring up another valid point. If gay's can do the job assinged them in the military why not let them. If women can keep up with men in the infantry why not let them. Why have a preconcieved idea of what they can do? Let them prove themselves or not . How can we sit around a speculate what a woman can or can't do when they aren't able to prove otherwise because no one will give them a chance. So what if only 3% of women are physically able to do the job or 10% or whatever. Don't give them a chance because the majority of women can't do the job. Let women prove themselves or not.

    I think we would be lucky if even 65% of the male population were able to be in shape to do what is required to be in the infantry. Let's concentrate on that and go on and on about what a lot of men are not physically capable of doing.
    Last edited by smartaleck; 08-05-09 at 11:39 PM.

  7. #597
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    Another point well made . Especially about the old white dudes. I got a good chuckle out of that because I'm married to one. Iam lucky that my husband has always supported me and thinks women can do anything they set out to do. Are some men now day's so insecure and feel so threatened by women that they refuse to acknowledge what women are capable of? Are they so desperate that they need to bring up the only advantage they have over women? Size and muscle power.

    Your bring up another valid point. If gay's can do the job assinged them in the military why not let them. If women can keep up with men in the infantry why not let them. Why have a preconcieved idea of what they can do? Let them prove themselves or not . How can we sit around a speculate what a woman can or can't do when they aren't able to prove otherwise because no one will give them a chance. So what if only 3% of women are physically able to do the job or 10% or whatever. Don't give them a chance because the majority of women can't do the job. Let women prove themselves or not.

    I think we would be lucky if even 65% of the male population were able to be in shape to do what is required to be in the infantry. Let's concentrate on that and go on and on about what a lot of men are not physically capable of doing.
    Thank you for your well-informed opinion on whether or not women belong in combat MOS's.

    Oh wait, nevermind, that's right.........You're have no idea what you're talking about. Life isn't a G.I. Jane movie. Out in the real world women have a hard time carrying full ruck sacks and M240 SAW's for miles at the time.

  8. #598
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    Another point well made . Especially about the old white dudes. I got a good chuckle out of that because I'm married to one. Iam lucky that my husband has always supported me and thinks women can do anything they set out to do. Are some men now day's so insecure and feel so threatened by women that they refuse to acknowledge what women are capable of? Are they so desperate that they need to bring up the only advantage they have over women? Size and muscle power.
    I notice you ignored my other post to you, and now you make more unfounded generalizations.

    The fact is it does make a difference in combat. To deny most females do not have the upper body strength of most men is a reality. To ignore this would be dishonest.

    Your blanket statements are as I said before are false.

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    Your bring up another valid point. If gay's can do the job assinged them in the military why not let them.
    Gays can and do serve in the military in all functions. They are not allowed to talk openly about their sexuality. It has nothing to do with their ability to do the job.

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    If women can keep up with men in the infantry why not let them. Why have a preconcieved idea of what they can do? Let them prove themselves or not . How can we sit around a speculate what a woman can or can't do when they aren't able to prove otherwise because no one will give them a chance. So what if only 3% of women are physically able to do the job or 10% or whatever. Don't give them a chance because the majority of women can't do the job. Let women prove themselves or not.
    This is not about preconceived notions. It is about the fact that combat units should be one sex in the field. Not enough females can pass the physical requirements to serve in all female combat units, period. It is not worth the cost or effort to this country.

    Have you bothered to read the evidence put forth by myself and others?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    I think we would be lucky if even 65% of the male population were able to be in shape to do what is required to be in the infantry. Let's concentrate on that and go on and on about what a lot of men are not physically capable of doing.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-06-09 at 02:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #599
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    Another point well made . Especially about the old white dudes. I got a good chuckle out of that because I'm married to one. Iam lucky that my husband has always supported me and thinks women can do anything they set out to do. Are some men now day's so insecure and feel so threatened by women that they refuse to acknowledge what women are capable of? Are they so desperate that they need to bring up the only advantage they have over women? Size and muscle power.

    Your bring up another valid point. If gay's can do the job assinged them in the military why not let them. If women can keep up with men in the infantry why not let them. Why have a preconcieved idea of what they can do? Let them prove themselves or not . How can we sit around a speculate what a woman can or can't do when they aren't able to prove otherwise because no one will give them a chance. So what if only 3% of women are physically able to do the job or 10% or whatever. Don't give them a chance because the majority of women can't do the job. Let women prove themselves or not.

    I think we would be lucky if even 65% of the male population were able to be in shape to do what is required to be in the infantry. Let's concentrate on that and go on and on about what a lot of men are not physically capable of doing.
    Mixed combat units will cause a breakdown in discipline. A breakdown in discipline will get people killed. It's the reason that the IDF no longer allows women to serve in combat arms units.

    Sorry to tell you it has nothing to do with white men's egos. It might be nice in your world to sacrifice lives for the sake of political correctness, but out here in the real world, those of us who have, do and will have be one of the ones putting our lives on the lines, it's a whole different ball game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #600
    User smartaleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    09-01-09 @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    79

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Joe View Post
    Thank you for your well-informed opinion on whether or not women belong in combat MOS's.

    Oh wait, nevermind, that's right.........You're have no idea what you're talking about. Life isn't a G.I. Jane movie. Out in the real world women have a hard time carrying full ruck sacks and M240 SAW's for miles at the time.
    Please do not address me any more. I do not appreciate it that you are not capable of reading a statement I made and comprehending what I said and then misrepresent what I have posted.

    First of all I never tried to represent women as GI Janes and I resent you sugessting that I did.

    Second of all it is getting boring and pathetic to hear about a woman carring ruck sack over and over. If you don't have anyting more intelligent to offer then why waste everyones time? Really it's just sounding like a broken record.

    Third I do not like being miss represented by you. I only said that if a woman do the same job as a guy in the infantry then let her prove it or not. When someone doesn't agree with you, then you put words in their mouth and try to ridicule them. Excuse me you remind me of a arrogant bully and not someone who wants to carry on a intelligent debate and I never try to have a discussin with people wanting to only prove they are right and you are wrong and refuse to have a open mind on the subject being discussed.

Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •