View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to specialize as infantry

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they should be integrated with the males

    101 57.71%
  • Yes, but keep their units seperate from male units

    16 9.14%
  • No, but women should be given some basic infantry skills beyond basic training

    33 18.86%
  • No, women should never serve in a role where they may encounter combat

    15 8.57%
  • Other....

    10 5.71%
Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 877

Thread: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

  1. #561
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    This is sooo much bs. Most infantry utilize Humvees these days. I was embedded with Infantry forces in three different campaigns. Not only worked with them, but I had to be either on or near the point at all times.

    Your version of the military is so outdated it reeks. Get with it soldier boy.
    Now lets throw that same group into Korea or Vietnam.

    We are not always fighting in a Nice flat desert. We are not Israel, we have a much larger back yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #562
    Banned G.I. Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-09-09 @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    247

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    This is sooo much bs. Most infantry utilize Humvees these days. I was embedded with Infantry forces in three different campaigns. Not only worked with them, but I had to be either on or near the point at all times.

    Your version of the military is so outdated it reeks. Get with it soldier boy.
    I'm currently an active duty soldier and the idea of women in the infantry is ****ing stupid. Just because you ran convoys doesn't mean you know what the hell you're talking about.

  3. #563
    User smartaleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    09-01-09 @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    79

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Most men here (and most have never served) seem to imagine modern Combat as Vic Morrow leading his platoon of merry men through Europe circa 1944 with bayonets attached to their single-fire carbines. Most of you don't have a clue how a modern, integrated, and well trained military engages the enemy.

    SURVSATS. ELINT. Saturation shelling. Strafing. Drones with real-time video and more sensors than an F-16. GPS keypad gridding. 3-D structure layouts. Laser designators. Wireless laptops. Satellite up/down comm links. Special Forces inserts. Sniper team inserts. Recon team inserts. Spotter aircraft. Thunder runs. Armored spearheads. Chopper support. Close-Air-Support officers. All this before the Infantry even get out of their transports.

    Hand-to-hand combat? wtf?
    Your are absoulutely right. Most men commenting on the subject of the military have never been in the military but being men they know all abut it. lol. I like your statement that they think everyone in the military is some dude with big muscles with a big gun like GI Joe. My husband is retired from the Navy and I have really never seen these muscle bound guys not even in the Marines.

    I served in the Navy and National Guard a long time ago but even then as a woman I had to carry my own weight and do my job with no help form the men. Actually most men in the military back then and now don't appreciate women in the military so you always had do prove you could do your job or else.

    I worked in the field along side the men in the National Guard doing exactly the same job they did. No one evey lifted a hand to help me nor would I have wanted them to. it was frowned on by everyone if you couldn't do your job without help from someone else.

    I had to laugh because I only weighed 120 pounds at the time but I saw a few overweight out of shape guys who were having a hard time doing their jobs and got called on the carpet for it but I never had a complaint against me.

  4. #564
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    Your are absoulutely right. Most men commenting on the subject of the military have never been in the military but being men they know all abut it. lol.
    8 years RA, 4 Years Illinois NG.

    Sorry your comment is false, many military men are commenting and completely disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    I like your statement that they think everyone in the military is some dude with big muscles with a big gun like GI Joe. My husband is retired from the Navy and I have really never seen these muscle bound guys not even in the Marines.
    This is pretty much nothing but speculation at best.

    Tell me what I am thinking now?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    I served in the Navy and National Guard a long time ago but even then as a woman I had to carry my own weight and do my job with no help form the men. Actually most men in the military back then and now don't appreciate women in the military so you always had do prove you could do your job or else.

    I worked in the field along side the men in the National Guard doing exactly the same job they did. No one evey lifted a hand to help me nor would I have wanted them to. it was frowned on by everyone if you couldn't do your job without help from someone else.

    I had to laugh because I only weighed 120 pounds at the time but I saw a few overweight out of shape guys who were having a hard time doing their jobs and got called on the carpet for it but I never had a complaint against me.
    What exactly was your job or MOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #565
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartaleck View Post
    Your are absoulutely right. Most men commenting on the subject of the military have never been in the military but being men they know all abut it.
    It seems the last few pages at least that most of us men who are commenting have been in the military some of us who actually have experience as infantry soldiers

    lol. I like your statement that they think everyone in the military is some dude with big muscles with a big gun like GI Joe.
    My husband is retired from the Navy and I have really never seen these muscle bound guys not even in the Marines.
    I didn't say **** about the rest of the military and the topic is not about the rest of the military.The topic is infantry. No one said **** about being muscle bound either.


    I served in the Navy and National Guard a long time ago but even then as a woman I had to carry my own weight and do my job with no help form the men. Actually most men in the military back then and now don't appreciate women in the military so you always had do prove you could do your job or else.
    I worked in the field along side the men in the National Guard doing exactly the same job they did. No one evey lifted a hand to help me nor would I have wanted them to. it was frowned on by everyone if you couldn't do your job without help from someone else.

    I had to laugh because I only weighed 120 pounds at the time but I saw a few overweight out of shape guys who were having a hard time doing their jobs and got called on the carpet for it but I never had a complaint against me.

    What was your MOS in the national guard? I know since you are a female it wasn't 11B,11m,11H, or 11C.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #566
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    We are not always fighting in a Nice flat desert. We are not Israel, we have a much larger back yard.
    Doesnt matter where you are. The doctrine is the same. Intelligence, speed, mobility, and power projection. This notion of manly endurance and hiking through the countryside is total bs. Virtually all modern Infantry are mounted. Humvees and trucks or chopper ferries. You're gonna get your ass chewed up in anyone's back yard moving and fighting in slo-mo.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  7. #567
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    You're gonna get your ass chewed up in anyone's back yard moving and fighting in slo-mo.
    This is precisely what happened in Iraq. The US military abandoned its doctrines when it morphed from an invasion force (magnificent) to an occupation force. Modern militaries are not trained to occupy and doing so puts them at a distinct disadvantage. This holds true anywhere in the word.

    And to Blackdog... your unfamiliarity with the terrain of Israel is quite remarkable.

    Nice flat desert?

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  8. #568
    Advisor Realist1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-27-09 @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    537

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...le-troops.html

    That is the discussion that has given birth to this particular poll.

    I want to be clear with the question here. I am asking if you think females should be allowed to serve as infantrymen(persons?) in the military. That means, they are not a cook or aircraft mechanic who has some basic infantry skills gleaned from either boot camp, or extra infantry training like the Marines put all personnell though.

    What we are asking is if you think women should be allowed to be grunts.
    NOT a good idea. Unless your goal is to provide the Enemy with massively inflated casualty Lists,,,and P.O.W's they'd really ENJOY "taking care of".

  9. #569
    Advisor Richard Nixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Seen
    10-26-16 @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    473

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    The average infantry man lugs around anywhere between eighty and a hundred pounds of equipment. That's double the amount they carried in WW2 and Vietnam. I'm sorry, I know this topic causes some kind of ultra-feministic uproar but the simple biological fact is that most women aren't capable of that type of endurance. Some are, yes, but most simply aren't. I mean, if they DO somehow manage to get into hand-to-hand combat against a well-trained foe what is a woman going to do? Hope and pray he doesn't hit her?
    www.thecaffeinemachine.com - looking for main-page political writers, so if anyone is interested send a PM (apologies if that violates any rules)

  10. #570
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Doesnt matter where you are. The doctrine is the same. Intelligence, speed, mobility, and power projection. This notion of manly endurance and hiking through the countryside is total bs. Virtually all modern Infantry are mounted. Humvees and trucks or chopper ferries. You're gonna get your ass chewed up in anyone's back yard moving and fighting in slo-mo.
    Then why did you leave out Korea and Vietnam? Why cut out the first part of my post? Why don't you want to acknowledge that combat is affected by the terrain and it is not us that dictates the speed or mobility?

    The doctrine is not the same at all. Let's try speed and mobility in the mountains or heavy jungle.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-05-09 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •