View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to specialize as infantry

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they should be integrated with the males

    101 57.71%
  • Yes, but keep their units seperate from male units

    16 9.14%
  • No, but women should be given some basic infantry skills beyond basic training

    33 18.86%
  • No, women should never serve in a role where they may encounter combat

    15 8.57%
  • Other....

    10 5.71%
Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 877

Thread: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

  1. #531
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    They do it with the men all the time. Have for years.
    Yes I know that as I served for 12 years.

    Like I said before in an earlier post which I know you read, it is not that simple.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-02-09 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #532
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes I know that as I served for 12 years.

    Like I said before in an earlier post which I know you read, it is not that simple.
    Simplicity is irrelevant. They do it and have done it for years. It's a non-issue.

  3. #533
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Simplicity is irrelevant. They do it and have done it for years. It's a non-issue.
    No it's not, and never has been.

    It is not a non-issue. It is a fact backed up by evidence I have presented and you chose to ignore and offer nothing but opinion, period.

    Do I really need to rehash all that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #534
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No it's not, and never has been.

    It is not a non-issue. It is a fact backed up by evidence I have presented and you chose to ignore and offer nothing but opinion, period.

    Do I really need to rehash all that?
    Not really, I'm to answer the same way I did before.

    If it's not a non-issue, then how do they manage such a difficult process with the men?

  5. #535
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Not really, I'm to answer the same way I did before.
    Exactly trying to avoid the merry-go-round again.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    If it's not a non-issue, then how do they manage such a difficult process with the men?
    My point is men and women are built differently physically. Things men excel at are not the same as what women excel at and visa versa.

    Some females can definitely pass the tests and probably do well in combat. The problem is this is such a small percentage (according to the data) as to not be worth it in the long run. This is the conclusion the study came to and I agree.

    I see no reason to put females into a situation most male solders don't want them in to begin with and neither do most females.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 08-02-09 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #536
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Exactly trying to avoid the merry-go-round again.



    My point is men and women are built differently physically. Things men excel at are not the same as what women excel at and visa versa.

    Some females can definitely pass the tests and probably do well in combat. The problem is this is such a small percentage (according to the data) as to not be worth it in the long run. This is the conclusion the study came to and I agree.

    I see no reason to put females into a situation most male solders don't want them in to begin with and neither do most females.
    The reason is that some females WANT to do it. Doesn't matter if some men don't want them to. **** those men. They can ****ing bite me and all the other capable women. Doesn't matter if the majority of women don't want to do it either. Neither do the majority of men!

    If the current method is too time consuming and expensive, or whatever, then change the current method. But the reason to keep women out of combat should most certainly NOT be because "the majority of women can't do it". That's not a reason to deny a right.

  7. #537
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    The reason is that some females WANT to do it. Doesn't matter if some men don't want them to. **** those men. They can ****ing bite me and all the other capable women. Doesn't matter if the majority of women don't want to do it either. Neither do the majority of men!
    Dosent work that way and it never will.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    If the current method is too time consuming and expensive, or whatever, then change the current method. But the reason to keep women out of combat should most certainly NOT be because "the majority of women can't do it". That's not a reason to deny a right.
    Thats not what I said.

    I am not going to waist my time with your fallacy arguments that have little to do with what I said.

    This is my main point...

    "The problem is this is such a small percentage (according to the data) as to not be worth it in the long run. This is the conclusion the study came to and I agree."

    You see after that small percentage even make it through training then they need special accommodations and lets not even go into pregnancy (already a problem) etc. The study also mentioned even those that passed where prone to physical injuries at a much higher rate. Most had already dropped out only after the first 2 months due to physical injuries from further training after the initial basic training.

    It is not worth it for a few bull dyke's (just kidding!) Females to try and prove they are men, period. It would accomplish nothing except throwing good money after bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #538
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

    This is my main point...

    "The problem is this is such a small percentage (according to the data) as to not be worth it in the long run. This is the conclusion the study came to and I agree."
    It's worth it to women who want to serve.

    You see after that small percentage even make it through training then they need special accommodations and lets not even go into pregnancy (already a problem) etc. The study also mentioned even those that passed where prone to physical injuries at a much higher rate. Most had already dropped out only after the first 2 months due to physical injuries from further training after the initial basic training.

    It is not worth it for a few bull dyke's (just kidding!) Females to try and prove they are men, period. It would accomplish nothing except throwing good money after bad.
    They don't need special accommodations. And I already said they should require women who serve to be on some sort of birth control. And if they get pregnant anyway, then they are removed... just as they would be if they were injured.

    So what if some of them incur injuries? So what if most drop out? The drop outs are a GOOD thing. That's part of the process of weeding them out.

    And wth makes you think any woman is "trying to prove they're a man"?? I sure as **** have never tried to prove I was a man. Why the hell would any woman want to do that? That's just plain demeaning. They're just trying to perform a job they want to perform.

    And if the basic training is letting bad seeds slip through, then beef up the basic training.

  9. #539
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    It's worth it to women who want to serve.
    Get used to disappointment. They can serve just as well in other jobs in the military.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    They don't need special accommodations. And I already said they should require women who serve to be on some sort of birth control. And if they get pregnant anyway, then they are removed... just as they would be if they were injured.
    Unconstitutional to require birth control. As for the rest, every time a solider is removed we lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    So what if some of them incur injuries? So what if most drop out? The drop outs are a GOOD thing. That's part of the process of weeding them out.

    And wth makes you think any woman is "trying to prove they're a man"?? I sure as **** have never tried to prove I was a man. Why the hell would any woman want to do that? That's just plain demeaning. They're just trying to perform a job they want to perform.
    Jobs exist that one sex or the other does better. To deny this is to deny the difference between the sexes.

    You can razz me all you want. It does not change the truth of the situation. Most females and I have known a few have either a chip on the shoulder over men or want to be a man. I know it's anecdotal, but I have seen the Annie Oakley syndrome way to many times.

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    And if the basic training is letting bad seeds slip through, then beef up the basic training.
    It's not. It's that females are not built for the rigors of combat. they are built for child rearing. It is a fact of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #540
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Get used to disappointment. They can serve just as well in other jobs in the military.
    No, they cannot.

    Unconstitutional to require birth control. As for the rest, every time a solider is removed we lose.
    Maybe in the general realm, but I fail to see how it's unconstitutional to require something as a condition of employment.

    Jobs exist that one sex or the other does better. To deny this is to deny the difference between the sexes.
    I don't deny this, but that doesn't negate the fact that there are exceptions to the 'rules'.

    You can razz me all you want. It does not change the truth of the situation. Most females and I have known a few have either a chip on the shoulder over men or want to be a man. I know it's anecdotal, but I have seen the Annie Oakley syndrome way to many times.
    Pahlease. There are few women who want to be a man. Only women who truly want a sex change would want to be a man.

    It's not. It's that females are not built for the rigors of combat. they are built for child rearing. It is a fact of life.
    It's that not ALL females are built for the rigors of combat, but some are. Some are built for child rearing but some are not. It's a fact of life.

Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •