View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to specialize as infantry

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they should be integrated with the males

    101 57.71%
  • Yes, but keep their units seperate from male units

    16 9.14%
  • No, but women should be given some basic infantry skills beyond basic training

    33 18.86%
  • No, women should never serve in a role where they may encounter combat

    15 8.57%
  • Other....

    10 5.71%
Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 877

Thread: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    The police are off topic. This is about the military. I can put that in a mod box if you'd like. No more police stuff, it's totally off topic.

  2. #312
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Not me, the thread title. The facts of policy. "females" Not this one super tough gal that Lerxst met, this one time. The gender, as a matter of policy, is the topic. Anecdotes about individuals are not relevant. Specialized Infantry Units do not fight as individuals, but as a group.
    And your inability to grasp how this argument has evolved is quite apparent. Either make a relevant case or don't. You're hammering of this point is fruitless as there is nothing you can win here. I've explained my position, you don't like it, and you obviously can't intelligently counter it.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    So, boobs would handicap snipers, eh?
    So, since you can't argue what I've said, you've decided to embark upon a lifetime career of responding to all the things I haven't said.

    I hope your new career path is profitable.

  4. #314
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    And if this was the current way the military operated you'd get less objection from me in widening the scope of what women are permitted to do. However the military already lowers requirements for women. Men are expected to be able to do more in PT or not make the cut. Women make the cut, doing less. Currently. Right now. Right this minute. I do not want this carrying over to the battlefield. Plus I also think the sex stuff shouldn't be poo poo'd as a non issue as well. Why burden a battle ready unit with needless distractions no matter whose fault they may or may not be.
    Tal, I agree with you on your position here. What we are talking about here would require a restructuring of the requirements for women, period. As it stands now you simply couldn't trust the current system to filter good female candidates for infantry slots. It would have to be changed. I'm glad you see that I advocate changing these requirements as a prerequisite for consideration.

    And based upon a few of my previous posts I think you will find that I agree with you on the bad dynamics of integrating women into currently all male combat units.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    It isn't in a woman's nature to be a dirty, nasty killer.

  6. #316
    Banned gree0232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    All over
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,341

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Correct, I agree with this. Set standards for what is required to do the job physically, without regard to sex, then stand by those standards.
    Well, lets talk about this. As men and women are different, can we in actuality enforce the same standards? Do you think there would be no political pressure to push women into the ranks once these 'standards' are put in place?

    Lets talk about Airborne School which I went through many, many years ago and is now fully itegrated.

    The runs are supposed to be a sublime shuffle of 9 minute miles. However, every mandatory runs began at an absurdly differnet pace, that quickly washed out all or almost all the women and a few men. The women were retained because the pace was off, so .... back to the ranks. The men were sent packing. If these women were subsequently being sent to the same infantry units as the men?

    There is also the case of Tennessee. She was just your typical 19 year old girl who quickly found herself on the short side of the standards. When she left, a dumb but horny 19 year old boy got himself washed out with her because he was in 'love' with her and had to be with her (until they got loaded up and sent, as failures, to very different places in the Army.)

    That is the reality of men and women, young men and women, how make up the ranks of our Army. We are not talking about the female Harvard Valedictorian here.

    Men and women are different, and they are treated different and even explicit standards exist they are not enforced equally. There exists inequality between the sexes, for that I apologize, but the infantry is not the tool to correct that inequality. The desired result is victory in battle, not removing societal peevishness.

    I can't get into all female colleges, and yet I am able to live a happy and healthy life. Go figure.

  7. #317
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So, since you can't argue what I've said, you've decided to embark upon a lifetime career of responding to all the things I haven't said.

    I hope your new career path is profitable.
    Only larger breasts would pose a real problem.
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #318
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It isn't in a woman's nature to be a dirty, nasty killer.
    It isn't in a mans "nature" either.
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Wrong again. If a women can in fact meet the requirements that the men must meet then she can fight just as hard as a man.
    Where to begin ?

    Your logic does not hold.

    "If a women" I think you meant "a woman" there right ?

    If so, then you are again trying to present anecdotal individual evidence in a discussion of groups.

    Further, It does not follow that she can fight just as hard as "a man", because you have generalized again, and the group you have generalized, "a man", contains many individuals who exceed the physical requirements to a significant degree. All it proves, is that she met the requirement, the rest, is conjecture, and inaccurate at that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I disagree with integrated units.
    So does this mean you would prefer to allow specialization but not subsequent assignment to an already predominantly male Specialized Infantry Unit ?? If so, the only practical application would need to be something along the lines of the "separate but equal" approach I touched on earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I don't agree with the ridiculous notion that women "in general" can't do the job.
    Do you think men "in general" can do it faster and farther ? Remember. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    in specialized infantry contests, the prize for second place is not one you want.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It isn't in a woman's nature to be a dirty, nasty killer.
    Unless it's personal and then she'll cut your junk off while you sleep and toss it out the window of a moving car considering it nothing more than a chew toy for the next mutt that passes by.

Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •