View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to specialize as infantry

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they should be integrated with the males

    101 57.71%
  • Yes, but keep their units seperate from male units

    16 9.14%
  • No, but women should be given some basic infantry skills beyond basic training

    33 18.86%
  • No, women should never serve in a role where they may encounter combat

    15 8.57%
  • Other....

    10 5.71%
Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 877

Thread: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

  1. #121
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Don't know about medics, but it's a fact that the physical requirements for police and firemen were compromised (ie, reduced) to enable more females to be on the force. Ergo, the argument was correct.
    So, since your argument seems to be based on physical ability, is it safe to assume that if both men and women had to achieve the same standard(the ones currently required for men in the infantry), you would support women in combat?

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If I am not missing anything, it is 102 British women pregnant out of 5600 women deployed, or 1.8 %. I don't consider that a significant problem.
    How many men got pregnant in that time in those units?

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Then set fitness standards that are commensurate with the physical demands of the job, not based on possession of a penis.
    Not as many women can meet those standards, so those standards are sexist. Didn't you know this? Haven't you paid any attention to the nonsense that's happening throughout American society as the myth of female "equality" steamrolls over all challenges, no matter how much sense they make?

  4. #124
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    How many men got pregnant in that time in those units?
    That would be relevant how?

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Best post in the thread so far. No so much for content, but for humor. I found the story hilarious.
    Nothing funny about it. It's a simple illustration of the typical sexual harassment BS that pervades the military.

    When I was at recruit training in Great Lakes, one of the bitch petty officer cooks started writing recruits up for using the time honored phrase "make a hole" when trying to move carts of food or dishes or whatever through the lines of men waiting to be fed.

    Suddenly, because this ugly over-sensitive broad got a bug up her ass, it became a crime to use that phrase, and orders came out to use some other phrase, I forget what, to avoid insulting the dried up hag.

    The bitches intrude on the men's culture, then insist the men have to change their ways because they find the work environment "uncomfortable". Well, the reality is that no one asked them in, they don't have to be in that field if they really don't like it, and there's no valid reason anyone should change to make them comfy. What the women do when they intrude is plain wrong, and their as bad and offensive as the Mexicans who demand we "Dial 1 For English".

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That would be relevant how?
    Running some figures, lets assume that 10% of the 5600 person force was female.

    Therefore, the impact of 108 pregnancies to that unit would be 19%, not 2%, and the impact of the pregnancy on the males of the unit was 0%.

    Now, I just assumed the number of females was 10%, if the number was smaller, more than 20% of the females in the unit were disabled.

    That's significant.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So, since your argument seems to be based on physical ability, is it safe to assume that if both men and women had to achieve the same standard(the ones currently required for men in the infantry), you would support women in combat?
    No. That's only one aspect of the issue.

    However, since the highest standards should be applied to ensure the best candidates are chosen, naturally the military would tend to de-select females for combat roles, and naturally the women will immediately file a sexual discrimination lawsuit in the nearest federal court. So naturally, the presence of females in uniform implies a distinct lowering of standards.

  8. #128
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Running some figures, lets assume that 10% of the 5600 person force was female.

    Therefore, the impact of 108 pregnancies to that unit would be 19%, not 2%, and the impact of the pregnancy on the males of the unit was 0%.

    Now, I just assumed the number of females was 10%, if the number was smaller, more than 20% of the females in the unit were disabled.

    That's significant.
    No, there were 5600 women, of whom 108 got pregnant, for 1.8 %. Chech the linked articles I got the numbers from. To repeat, not 5600 soldiers, 5600 women soldiers.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, there were 5600 women, of whom 108 got pregnant, for 1.8 %. Chech the linked articles I got the numbers from. To repeat, not 5600 soldiers, 5600 women soldiers.
    Okay, then my original position is still valid...ie, 0% of the men suffered the preventable disability of pregnancy.

  10. #130
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Okay, then my original position is still valid...ie, 0% of the men suffered the preventable disability of pregnancy.
    How many suffered from preventable issues affecting the performance of their duties compared to women?

Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •