View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to specialize as infantry

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and they should be integrated with the males

    101 57.71%
  • Yes, but keep their units seperate from male units

    16 9.14%
  • No, but women should be given some basic infantry skills beyond basic training

    33 18.86%
  • No, women should never serve in a role where they may encounter combat

    15 8.57%
  • Other....

    10 5.71%
Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 877

Thread: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Between you and Catz part Duex, I am getting distracted by all the legs in this thread.
    And now we see the real issue...male weakness rears its ugly head again.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Because a ground combat mission is very much life or death. If a women is weaker than every man in her unit then wouldn't the unit be served better by a man?
    Trust me, sweetheart, working as a cop in any major metropolitan area is JUST as life and death, and female police officers find a way to make it work every single day of the year.

    Thought I'd share this pic, it's very cute.

    Female Sniper Whacks An Insurgant...

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    When I went to PMI school(Primary Marksmanship Instructor), we were told that when trying to adjust a female recruit, one we were not allowed to touch them, and two, if we wanted them to adjust their legs in the prone position, we could not say something like "Recruit, you need to spread your legs further apart" We had to say something like, "Recruit, you need to place your left and right feet at a further distance from each other".

    We were not told any such standards regarding the interaction with male recruits.
    In the future, you'll be used to it. I had to learn to search women for weapons (and the guys I worked with regularly used me in that capacity because it made everyone's life easier). I learned to do it, even though it was weird to swipe under another woman's breasts and between them.

    Just part of the job...

  4. #94
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Trust me, sweetheart, working as a cop in any major metropolitan area is JUST as life and death, and female police officers find a way to make it work every single day of the year.

    Thought I'd share this pic, it's very cute.

    Female Sniper Whacks An Insurgant...



    uhm, about 150 officers are killed a year nationwide. not the same as combat by any stretch of the imagination.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Trust me, sweetheart, working as a cop in any major metropolitan area is JUST as life and death, and female police officers find a way to make it work every single day of the year.

    Thought I'd share this pic, it's very cute.

    Female Sniper Whacks An Insurgant...
    Sweetheart? Really?

    Anywayz no. I completely reject the premise that being a cop is akin to going into battle. Being a cop is dangerous, sure. But barring any major trauma you go home at the end of the work day.

  6. #96
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,358
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    When I went to PMI school(Primary Marksmanship Instructor), we were told that when trying to adjust a female recruit, one we were not allowed to touch them, and two, if we wanted them to adjust their legs in the prone position, we could not say something like "Recruit, you need to spread your legs further apart" We had to say something like, "Recruit, you need to place your left and right feet at a further distance from each other".

    We were not told any such standards regarding the interaction with male recruits.
    Best post in the thread so far. No so much for content, but for humor. I found the story hilarious.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    uhm, about 150 officers are killed a year nationwide. not the same as combat by any stretch of the imagination.
    Wrong. That's out of several hundred thousand cops who serve, some of them in podunk little two-horse communities. The vast majority of cops work in small towns and rural communities. But, if you look at a per capita basis of injury ONLY in those areas with significant crime problems (and thus, equivalent to combat), the job is just as dangerous as combat.

    I can tell neither of you knows what you're talking about on this particular subject. YOu're just letting your prejudices do the talking.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    In the future, you'll be used to it. I had to learn to search women for weapons (and the guys I worked with regularly used me in that capacity because it made everyone's life easier). I learned to do it, even though it was weird to swipe under another woman's breasts and between them.

    Just part of the job...
    Well I am not likely to be teaching anybody how to shoot in the future. Although I will have to grope around on patients when I get my physical therapy degree.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    I completely reject the premise that being a cop is akin to going into battle. Being a cop is dangerous, sure. But barring any major trauma you go home at the end of the work day.
    I said being a cop in an urban area. I'm thinking Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Houston, where the conditions in some areas are akin to combat conditions, and police are routinely fired on during shifts.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 05-26-09 at 05:57 PM.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Should females be allowed to specialize as infantry in the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Well I am not likely to be teaching anybody how to shoot in the future. Although I will have to grope around on patients when I get my physical therapy degree.
    That should be fun for you, except you'll probably be groping a lot of 80-somethings, and wishing for hot runners with recurrent knee injuries.


Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •