View Poll Results: After Eight Years Under Obama The United States Will

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Much Better - No Deficit No Debt Maximum Employment

    1 1.64%
  • Better - Decreasing Deficit Unemployment a Sane Number

    20 32.79%
  • No Change

    4 6.56%
  • Worse - Larger Deficits, Large Unemployment

    20 32.79%
  • Disaster - China Forecloses on Debt, Unemployment Greater than 25%

    16 26.23%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: After Eight Years of Obama ...

  1. #51
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,412
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Funny.

    I mentioned the penchant for theivery the left depends upon.

    How did you miss it?
    I am betting I missed it because you made it up. The poor are more likely to be thieves, but not the democrats, or those on the left.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    This is a poll nobody could possibly be authoritarian on an answer.It is gonna bepend on Obamas reaction to unforeseen events.
    Obama's reaction to foreseen events has been to:

    Coddle Dictators (The Loon in Iran, Chavez, Ortega, Castro)

    Betray US allies (Poland)

    Attempt to coerce US allies to act outside of their perceived best interests (Isreal)

    Apologize for US actions.

    Insult the leading figures of our allied nations (iPods?)

    Also, he's lied, bumbled, done incredibly stupid things (AF-1 over NY)

    He's got no experience as a statesman, as a leader, or as an executive officer, nor does he have military experience of any sort, he has no technical training of any sort. He's got an ideology that says what it took to build this country is wrong, and what's been destroying this country is what we need more of.

    What he has that has so impressed the gullible masses is the ability to look down his nose at people, to speak with silky smooth serpent's tongue, to read a teleprompter, and he has a tan.

    There's not one thing in the above that says The Messiah has the internal fortitude to do what is needed in a national emergency to serve the best interests of this nation.

    So far he's pushed for everything that pays off his special interests at the cost of harming Americans. He pushed for "loans" to Chrysler and Ford and GM. Two of the three accepted the money, those two are headed into bankruptcy court and the US taxpayer will not see their $25 billion dollars ever again. And he's only been in office for four months.

    No, one doesn't need to be an "authority" on future history to understand that things are going to be worse then than now.

    All the money The Messiah poured into the economy? The word you want is "inflation", and lots of it. (Carter)

    The tax increases Obama will incur in 2010 (by "allowing" the Bush tax cuts to "expire") will hit the economy just about the same time as the inflation begins. So Whammy on Whammy, the people's buying power will be decreased by the inflation, and then the government is going ot start taking bigger pieces of their paychecks and thus shrinking their buying power even more. (Roosevelt is the only other president to create a recession inside a depression, Obama seeks to mimic FDR's "greatness".)

    And all efforts to resume domestic drilling are dead.

    Obama is going to tax the crap out of energy intensive industries (cap and trade), which, again, will, if enacted, begin sometime around the era of higher taxes and inflation, so it looks like Obama can be in the unique historical position of creating a depression inside of a recession that's inside a depression. Wonderful.

    There's no plan for doing anything that will recover the economy. He's against tax cuts, so nothing he can do will aid any recovery.

    Nothing I posted tries to take into account the foreign policy failures he's going to have so many of. The United States is the only nation deluded enough to beleive that other nations act in anything outside their best interests. What will your Messiah do when China refuses to buy any more US treasury notes and starts unloading dollars? Obama is running a trillion dollar deficit for years to come. What happens when other nations lose faith in the credit of the United States and stops financing those deficits? Hmmm?

    Should the children who become the historians of the future look kindly upon the Messianic President who put THEM into so much debt THEIR grandchildren will still be paying for it? HmmmM? How would you like it if you had to pay for the principle and interests on the credit card your father's grand-father overdrew and then died owing, and if ever single friend and neighbor you had was paying for their father's grand-father's debt, too?

    I can say categorically and authoritatively that the United States will be worse off at the end of eight years of Messianic rule. I can't say "disaster", but it's perfectly clear that the direction is "worse".

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am betting I missed it because you made it up. The poor are more likely to be thieves, but not the democrats, or those on the left.
    Wow.

    Amazing.

    People using definitions that fit the circumstances instead of your beliefs that aren't right, anyway.

    Fancy that.

    If a person can't support the policies and mental attitudes that make an American what an American is, why would they want to wear the label, except to hide the flags they really believe in?

    An American doesn't believe in stealing from others.

    Nor does he believe that being robbed is "patriotic".

    An American is all for helping the weak, but damned if he wants to swing their hammocks for them, and besides that, he's perfectly capable of using his own money to help those he decides needs his help, and he certainly does not believe in forcing others to support his causes.

    So you have fun with your dictionary.

    But if you're a socialist, you ain't an American.

    And if you like what the Messiah is doing, you're a socialist.

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,412
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Obama's reaction to foreseen events has been to:

    Coddle Dictators (The Loon in Iran, Chavez, Ortega, Castro)

    Betray US allies (Poland)

    Attempt to coerce US allies to act outside of their perceived best interests (Isreal)

    Apologize for US actions.

    Insult the leading figures of our allied nations (iPods?)

    Also, he's lied, bumbled, done incredibly stupid things (AF-1 over NY)

    He's got no experience as a statesman, as a leader, or as an executive officer, nor does he have military experience of any sort, he has no technical training of any sort. He's got an ideology that says what it took to build this country is wrong, and what's been destroying this country is what we need more of.

    What he has that has so impressed the gullible masses is the ability to look down his nose at people, to speak with silky smooth serpent's tongue, to read a teleprompter, and he has a tan.

    There's not one thing in the above that says The Messiah has the internal fortitude to do what is needed in a national emergency to serve the best interests of this nation.

    So far he's pushed for everything that pays off his special interests at the cost of harming Americans. He pushed for "loans" to Chrysler and Ford and GM. Two of the three accepted the money, those two are headed into bankruptcy court and the US taxpayer will not see their $25 billion dollars ever again. And he's only been in office for four months.

    No, one doesn't need to be an "authority" on future history to understand that things are going to be worse then than now.

    All the money The Messiah poured into the economy? The word you want is "inflation", and lots of it. (Carter)

    The tax increases Obama will incur in 2010 (by "allowing" the Bush tax cuts to "expire") will hit the economy just about the same time as the inflation begins. So Whammy on Whammy, the people's buying power will be decreased by the inflation, and then the government is going ot start taking bigger pieces of their paychecks and thus shrinking their buying power even more. (Roosevelt is the only other president to create a recession inside a depression, Obama seeks to mimic FDR's "greatness".)

    And all efforts to resume domestic drilling are dead.

    Obama is going to tax the crap out of energy intensive industries (cap and trade), which, again, will, if enacted, begin sometime around the era of higher taxes and inflation, so it looks like Obama can be in the unique historical position of creating a depression inside of a recession that's inside a depression. Wonderful.

    There's no plan for doing anything that will recover the economy. He's against tax cuts, so nothing he can do will aid any recovery.

    Nothing I posted tries to take into account the foreign policy failures he's going to have so many of. The United States is the only nation deluded enough to beleive that other nations act in anything outside their best interests. What will your Messiah do when China refuses to buy any more US treasury notes and starts unloading dollars? Obama is running a trillion dollar deficit for years to come. What happens when other nations lose faith in the credit of the United States and stops financing those deficits? Hmmm?

    Should the children who become the historians of the future look kindly upon the Messianic President who put THEM into so much debt THEIR grandchildren will still be paying for it? HmmmM? How would you like it if you had to pay for the principle and interests on the credit card your father's grand-father overdrew and then died owing, and if ever single friend and neighbor you had was paying for their father's grand-father's debt, too?

    I can say categorically and authoritatively that the United States will be worse off at the end of eight years of Messianic rule. I can't say "disaster", but it's perfectly clear that the direction is "worse".
    It must really drive you nuts that he is still incredibly popular, that people are starting to think the country is headed in the right direction, and it looks likely that the democrats will keep power at least till 2012.

    Come to think of it, it is pretty obvious that it drives you to distraction.

  5. #55
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,412
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Wow.

    Amazing.

    People using definitions that fit the circumstances instead of your beliefs that aren't right, anyway.

    Fancy that.

    If a person can't support the policies and mental attitudes that make an American what an American is, why would they want to wear the label, except to hide the flags they really believe in?

    An American doesn't believe in stealing from others.

    Nor does he believe that being robbed is "patriotic".

    An American is all for helping the weak, but damned if he wants to swing their hammocks for them, and besides that, he's perfectly capable of using his own money to help those he decides needs his help, and he certainly does not believe in forcing others to support his causes.

    So you have fun with your dictionary.

    But if you're a socialist, you ain't an American.

    And if you like what the Messiah is doing, you're a socialist.
    You still have not proven that I or anyone like me, or President Obama, or any one else for that matter is stealing. Keep trying though, it's fun to watch you foam at the mouth.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It must really drive you nuts that he is still incredibly popular, that people are starting to think the country is headed in the right direction, and it looks likely that the democrats will keep power at least till 2012.

    Come to think of it, it is pretty obvious that it drives you to distraction.

    See? Your statement above was wrong.

    You said the people were "starting to think".

    That's not possible, not in America in the Twenty First Century. Not only is it not possible the Democrats don't desire that.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    I wish people's memory of history, even of the past 10 years, weren't so short.

  8. #58
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington D-Sig
    Last Seen
    06-30-13 @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Not yet.

    He's only been in office four months.
    And since Skynet and the machines control all the nukes (what's left of them, anyway), there won't be another one. There's no need. I have no idea where you were when Judgement Day went down and the machines turned the world into a nuclear fireball, but I was there. It wasn't pretty. Then the Terminators sprang up and began infiltrating our outposts. The current series has rubber skin, so we spot them pretty easy. But there are rumors of a newer model - hyper alloy combat chassis surrounded by human tissue, complete with sweat, bad breath, everything. Kyle Reece can tell you more if you make it to Tek Comm outpost. He's apparently seen one.

    So yeah, Judgement Day happened in 2004, and that was during Bush's term. As I said, Obama couldn't do any worse.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,490

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Scarecrow Ahkbar is the type of partisan hack that would ask us all to give Bush the benefit of history as in 20-30 years to judge whether his policies and work have been good or bad and then bring out a crystal ball to see the future on Obama before he's been in office for 6 months. So much for independent.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-24-09 at 04:57 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,412
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Eight Years of Obama ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Scarecrow Ahkbar is the type of partisan hack that would ask us all to give the benefit of history as in 20-30 years to judge whether his policies and work have been good or bad and then bring out a crystal ball to see the future on Obama before he's been in office for 6 months. So much for independent.
    Heh, I never noticed Scarecrow listed himself as Independent. I just assumed that read "ultra hyper partisan right wing hack".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •