View Poll Results: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marijuana

    67 81.71%
  • Cocaine

    36 43.90%
  • LSD

    38 46.34%
  • Meth

    30 36.59%
  • Prescription drugs

    33 40.24%
  • Psychedelic mushrooms

    44 53.66%
  • Ecstasy

    35 42.68%
  • Opium

    38 46.34%
  • other

    28 34.15%
  • None of the above

    14 17.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 294

Thread: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

  1. #81
    User Thoreau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    09-17-09 @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    102

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Again, anti-prostitution law has NOTHING to do with religion. Not in any way, shape or form.

    Anti-prostitution law has to do with preventing sex-slave trafficking and the abuse of women through prostitution.
    How many prostitutes in Nevada are unconsenting sex-slaves? I think you are confusing black markets with regulated markets. Laws against prostitution have everything to do with enforcing moralist sensibilities but they use the consequences of the black market as a justification for the ban in the first place.

  2. #82
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    04-04-14 @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,233

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I was a heavy drug user most of my life, I could tell you stories about that....

    Odd but true story: when I was in the navy, the random urinalysis was great for finding marijuana use, but sucked for drugs such as acid...
    It is meth in particular that seems so bad to me. The way I see it even a heroin addiction is far better. Heroin will **** up your life, it has it obvious dangers like overdoses and the perils of addiction but it doesn't seem to **** up your head like meth will and it is a drug that makes people lie around instead of charge about.

    I remember watching a show in Australia called The Ice age and they had a head doctor in a casualty ward talking about how he missed the old days when it was mostly heroin overdoses rather than meth ones he'd see.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 05-18-09 at 10:49 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau View Post
    Wrong, nicotine is the most addictive substance in existance.
    It can be addictive and not as deadly.

    There's also dosage to consider. This is purely anecdotal but I'm sure many can relate in some way: How many people do you know became hopelessly addicted to tobacco after only 1 cigarette? And I don't mean "man I want another drag", I mean "I'll suck dick and sell my children (literally) for my next fix".

    Rampant drug addiction, incidentally, is one of the reasons prostitution is illegal. Prostitutes turn to drugs to cope with the abuse from both Johns and pimps, as well as deal with PTSD from their violent life.

  4. #84
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    04-04-14 @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,233

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    My point exactly: decades later.
    And even though you might die, and that will cause emotional strain to yourself and others but it doesn't stop you living a life for many decades often and it doesn't **** you up the same way.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 05-18-09 at 10:50 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #85
    User Thoreau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    09-17-09 @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    102

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It can be addictive and not as deadly.

    There's also dosage to consider. This is purely anecdotal but I'm sure many can relate in some way: How many people do you know became hopelessly addicted to tobacco after only 1 cigarette? And I don't mean "man I want another drag", I mean "I'll suck dick and sell my children (literally) for my next fix".

    Rampant drug addiction, incidentally, is one of the reasons prostitution is illegal. Prostitutes turn to drugs to cope with the abuse from both Johns and pimps, as well as deal with PTSD from their violent life.
    Not everyone gets addictive to meth the first time either, plus everything the tweakers are doing now to support their habit would be duplicated by tobacco smokers if their drug of choice was outlawed tomorrow and the prices skyrocket.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau View Post
    How many prostitutes in Nevada are unconsenting sex-slaves? I think you are confusing black markets with regulated markets. Laws against prostitution have everything to do with enforcing moralist sensibilities but they use the consequences of the black market as a justification for the ban in the first place.
    It's unfortunate that the Admin removed the True Debate forum, other wise I could link all the credible data I used in winning a well sourced, detail-oriented True Debate on prostitution where I earned the black ribbon award under my avatar.

  7. #87
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    86,412
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau View Post
    Not everyone gets addictive to meth the first time either, plus everything the tweakers are doing now to support their habit would be duplicated by tobacco smokers if their drug of choice was outlawed tomorrow and the prices skyrocket.
    Another story from my experiences. I tried crack twice. I spent the whole time both times so paranoid about becoming a crack addict I could not enjoy it, and never had a desire to do it after that. Course we don't tend to want to repeat unpleasant experiences.

  8. #88
    User Thoreau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    09-17-09 @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    102

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    According to the Institute of Medicine, 32% of tobacco users meet the DSM-IV criteria for drug dependence. Compare that to 23% for heroin, 17% for cocaine, 15% for alcohol, and 9% for marijuana.

  9. #89
    User Thoreau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    09-17-09 @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    102

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's unfortunate that the Admin removed the True Debate forum, other wise I could link all the credible data I used in winning a well sourced, detail-oriented True Debate on prostitution where I earned the black ribbon award under my avatar.
    So are there unconsenting trafficked sex-slaves working in legally regulated brothels in Nevada?

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau View Post
    According to the Institute of Medicine, 32% of tobacco users meet the DSM-IV criteria for drug dependence. Compare that to 23% for heroin, 17% for cocaine, 15% for alcohol, and 9% for marijuana.
    Please provide links when you present data.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •