View Poll Results: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marijuana

    67 81.71%
  • Cocaine

    36 43.90%
  • LSD

    38 46.34%
  • Meth

    30 36.59%
  • Prescription drugs

    33 40.24%
  • Psychedelic mushrooms

    44 53.66%
  • Ecstasy

    35 42.68%
  • Opium

    38 46.34%
  • other

    28 34.15%
  • None of the above

    14 17.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 294

Thread: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

  1. #211
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No that's EXACTLY what you're saying.

    ________ isn't going away, so legalize it.

    "People do it anyway" is the ONLY reason you give. You NEVER say what makes a given thing unique, why it should be made legal and not others.

    We shouldn't have to tell you to do this.

    This is why the Loosertarian party fails every time. Society doesn't want everything that some token minority does outside the law sanctioned by the law simply because that token minority will do it anyway.

    You're going to have to start coming up with actual reasoning if you want anyone to get behind your view.
    Child molestation is an infringement upon that child's rights. If I decide to insufflate some methamphetamine, that's my choice. When I hurt someone or infirnge upon another's rights is when the problem occurs.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #212
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    08-24-16 @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,413

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Laws may not slow the rate of homicides either, but Iím for keeping them around just the same.
    That's good, because unlike drug use, homicide involves an unwilling victim and therefore it deserves criminal sanctions.

    Now that we've established that prohibition alone doesn't lower drug use, and lifting prohibition alone will not increase drug use, what are the reasons for throwing users in jail? Because drugs are hazardous to their health? And somehow criminal charges are supposed to help them with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Meth production is dangerous Ė so dangerous that I am comfortable trumping liberty for security.
    Meth production in homes and apartments near you would virtually disappear if prohibition was repealed. It's ironic that your prohibitionist policies have created the very problem you're trying to address with more prohibition.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    And since meth only came about because of limited success by drug war agents in stamping out other drugs for periods of time, I think we will have a great deal of success limited its use.
    When they got tough on cocaine, then came along crack. When they got tough on crack, then came along meth. And you call that a success??

  3. #213
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,777

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Meth production in homes and apartments near you would virtually disappear if prohibition was repealed.
    Nope. The cost of producing meth responsibly, and cleaning up the toxic aftermath will ensure that a black market exists as addicts will create a demand for the cheaper version.

    So now that I cleared up that piece of bull**** from your plank, what else you got?

    When they got tough on cocaine, then came along crack. When they got tough on crack, then came along meth. And you call that a success??
    Crack didnít come along because they got tough on coke anymore then hash came about because they got tough on pot. Itís simply a stronger derivative.

    And where did I call the drug war a success?

  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-22-16 @ 07:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,215

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    When they got tough on cocaine, then came along crack. When they got tough on crack, then came along meth. And you call that a success??
    And crack and cocaine are both still widely available

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're going to have to start coming up with actual reasoning if you want anyone to get behind your view.
    Reason 1:

    Their Body, Their Choice.

    It's not like we're killing babies here.

    Reason 2:

    Mind Your Damn Business, I'll Mind Mine.

    Reason 3:

    No Constitutional basis for national drug interdictment of any form.

    Reason 4:

    We can't afford the War On Drug Users.

    Reason 5:

    Prohibition doesn't work. Wilson proved that.

    Reason 6:

    Alcohol's legal, ... why? Marijuana is illegal, because...?

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Nope. The cost of producing meth responsibly, and cleaning up the toxic aftermath will ensure that a black market exists as addicts will create a demand for the cheaper version.
    Utter nonsense. When a properly configured and licensed industrial setting with industrial quality controls can produce chemically pure product in large volume at low cost (economy of scale, dude) , consumers are going to choose "homegrown" crystal with who knows what contaminant? Especially when the home stuff won't be cheaper?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 05-20-09 at 01:03 PM.

  7. #217
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,777

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Utter nonsense. When a properly configured and licensed industrial setting with industrial quality controls can produce chemically pure product in large volume at low cost (economy of scale, dude) , consumers are going to choose "homegrown" crystal with who knows what contaminant, and it won't be cheaper.
    this post screams "I am totally ignorant of the manufacturing process behind meth"

    It will be so costly to produce meth in a safe environment that addicts will choose to do it in their basements. They won't need biohazardous suits, costly insurance, OSHA crawling up their arse, etc, etc.

    I say addicts, because the vast majority of users would switch to a cheaper, less harmful option, which means that we aren't talking about economy of scale anyway.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    this post screams "I am totally ignorant of the manufacturing process behind meth"
    You are?

    Then why do you post on the matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    It will be so costly to produce meth in a safe environment that addicts will choose to do it in their basements.
    I already pointed out the flaws in that silliness. Reposting the same thing you said before doesn't constitute any form of a rebuttal.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I say addicts, because the vast majority of users would switch to a cheaper, less harmful option, which means that we aren't talking about economy of scale anyway.
    Yes, addicts are naturally going to pay more money for lesser quality crystal. Most of them are dumb-**** Republicans that saddled us with McCain last year, aren't they?

  9. #219
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Economies of scale far outweigh the extra costs of safety and quality control in mass production. Legitimate sources of drugs would be far cheaper than anything illegal. The actual cost of marijuana would be around that of flour at the grocery store. Taxes would probably represent the majority of consumer costs for any legalized drug.

  10. #220
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,777

    Re: Which drugs should be legalized for recreational use?

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Economies of scale far outweigh the extra costs of safety and quality control in mass production. Legitimate sources of drugs would be far cheaper than anything illegal. The actual cost of marijuana would be around that of flour at the grocery store. Taxes would probably represent the majority of consumer costs for any legalized drug.
    toxic waste is expensive to properly cleanup and dispose of.

    addicts will choose to not pay this cost.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •