View Poll Results: Should weed be legalized in the US?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Weed should be legalized in the US.

    69 88.46%
  • No, Weed should not be legalized in the US.

    9 11.54%
  • Weed should be legalized for those whose religious beliefs dictate otherwise (like Rasta's).

    0 0%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 135 of 135

Thread: Should weed be legalized?

  1. #131
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,413

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I personally enjoy accessing the deepest reaches of my mind. I use psychedelics as a tool to aid in this process. How am I a danger to society?
    You might go off and start committing crimes!!1!11eleven

  2. #132
    User Thoreau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    09-17-09 @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    102

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Legalizing is not adding more problems.
    I love this argument,

    "OMG, we don't want a drug that is otherwise available to anyone that has $5-10 regardless of their age to be kept behind the counter of stores and sold only to adults."

    Self-refuting at its finest.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    You might go off and start committing crimes!!1!11eleven
    You're more likely to go off and start comitting crimes if you're on a prozac/ ritalin / other similar drug than you ever would smoking pot. If a person is violent and on pot then he would be just as violent without it... if not more so.

    George washington grew 'hemp'.... and if I'm not mistaken the founding documents are written on hemp paper?

  4. #134
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,413

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    You're more likely to go off and start comitting crimes if you're on a prozac/ ritalin / other similar drug than you ever would smoking pot. If a person is violent and on pot then he would be just as violent without it... if not more so.
    I haven't heard that about prozac and ritalin. I haven't heard of any drug compelling otherwise law-abiding people to commit crimes, violent or otherwise. Sure I've seen plenty of people who "can't hold their liquor" become beligerent and unruly, and other drugs may have similar effects on some people, but the problem lies with those individuals, it's not an inherent property of the drug itself. At least, not that any standardized medical study has been able to determine.

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,948

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I am just wondering if your one of those all drugs should be legal for recreational use individuals or are you the only certian drugs should be legal for recreational use individuals. If your in the crowd that says only certain drugs should be legal for recreational use then it seems hypocritical to harp on me for not suggesting that alcohol should be illegal.
    Not hypocritical at all. All the issues you labeled in this forum for Legalizing Weed are issues directly coorelating with Alcohol. However, with "harder" drugs than marijuana, there are ADDITIONAL issues that superceed the issues caused by both Alcohol and Weed and thus put them in my mind on a different level.

    For example, the long term and relatively quick mental damage and the extremely high physical addicting quality of some harder drugs are simply not shared with either alcohol or marijuana.

    Simple alcohol is already legal and we shouldn't add more problems by legalizing more things for recreational drug use. If you want a buzz, booze is legal.
    So what if its already legal? If you don't want to add "more" problems by legalizing recreational marijuana than why aren't you in favor of REMOVING problems by making alcohol illegal? Additionally, where are ANY facts from you that somehow there will actually be MORE problem. Is there somehow some kind of proof that legions of people who don't drink alcohol to the point that it causes these same problems are the only ones smoking weed?

    What if the net increase of problems is relatively small adding weed to the mix, but the net decrease of the things you say are "problems" if you ban alcohol is relatively large...which is the more likely case I would imagine. Why would you not be calling for the banning of alcohol

    The reason is simple.

    You, first off, don't give a damn about conservative values as a whole but just care about it when it fits your purpose. Second off, I'm going to guess you like your alcohol and see no reason you should give it up? Third, you don't smoke or have no urge to smoke and have a severe dislike and prejudice against those that do or would. Note, none of these are legitimate reasons.

    The only one being hypocritical here is you, who gives bull**** reasons initially for why you want something to remain illegal while ignoring that if those are ACTUALLY your concerns you would have a LARGER effect of reducing the cases of those things by banning alcohol than by keeping pot illegal.
    You down with TPP?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •