View Poll Results: Should weed be legalized in the US?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Weed should be legalized in the US.

    69 88.46%
  • No, Weed should not be legalized in the US.

    9 11.54%
  • Weed should be legalized for those whose religious beliefs dictate otherwise (like Rasta's).

    0 0%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 135

Thread: Should weed be legalized?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Give me a second to find the post where i stated such laws will completely stop these kinds of things happening. Oh yeah, i didnt say that.
    Alright, drugs law do not "completely stop these kinds of things". Now you must prove that they stop them AT ALL.

    Because legalization will have the opposite affect!!
    Prove it.

    So they will be less accessible when sold in liquor stores by the government?
    Nice dodge. The fact remains, drugs are easily accessible.

    Good night, kid.
    The irony is thick with this one. I'm twenty-four, you're a teenager.

  2. #102
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,413

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    They didnt legalize anything. Policy reform is the magic word, i told you.
    I didn't say they legalized anything. I said decriminalize. You do know the difference, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    You dont have anything, nobody has ever tried complete legalization of drugs because most politicians know that would be disastrous.
    It's revealing to see that you still haven't supported your assumption that legalizing drugs would lead to an increase in drug use. This "disaster" you speak of is nothing more than a myth.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Saving us from such substances is hardly a breach of civil liberties.
    The war on drugs, as it is currently being waged, isn't saving us from jack.

  3. #103
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Alright, drugs law do not "completely stop these kinds of things". Now you must prove that they stop them AT ALL.
    Proove to me legalizing will stop them. At least in my argument all you have to do is apply so common sense. Am i supposed to be impressed?

    Nice dodge. The fact remains, drugs are easily accessible.
    Easier when its being sold legally everywhere.

    The irony is thick with this one. I'm twenty-four, you're a teenager.
    I was referring to mental capacity. Grown up of you, btw, to insult a teenager by calling me a "little idiot" in your previous post. Well done, you're a man now.

    I didn't say they legalized anything. I said decriminalize. You do know the difference, right?
    Yes but do you actually think the same results would be achieved by practically handing them the drugs? There is a difference between decriminalization and legalization. You seem to think the further we decriminalize the less drugs taken, therefore it should be decriminalized to the point its legal which defeats the object.

    It's revealing to see that you still haven't supported your assumption that legalizing drugs would lead to an increase in drug use. This "disaster" you speak of is nothing more than a myth.
    The effects of drugs, addict or not, on an indivisual, is am myth, is it?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  4. #104
    User Thoreau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    09-17-09 @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    102

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    What is your point, alcohol can make you forget a entire night. No such thing happens with cannabis.

  5. #105
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,413

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Proove to me legalizing will stop them.
    Nobody made that assertion. It's your claim that the drug laws are keeping drug use low and that legalization will result in more drug use. Support that assertion or admit it's nothing more than a myth unsupported by facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Easier when its being sold legally everywhere.
    Yes, that's one of the benefits because addicts won't have to associate with the criminal black market. Again you assume without evidence that more people will start using drugs if they're easier to get. You completely ignore the social factors and health consequences, and assume the laws are the only thing keeping everyone from using drugs. All this when you can't even show that the laws have any effect at all. Show that drug laws are keeping drug use low and that legalization will result in more drug use, or admit it's nothing more than a myth unsupported by facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Yes but do you actually think the same results would be achieved by practically handing them the drugs?
    I believe that making drugs legally available will have little or no effect on how many people use drugs. I have supported this belief multiple times, by showing that there is no known correlation between drug laws and the rate of drug use. You have supported your belief with a facade of "common sense" that is not based in reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    There is a difference between decriminalization and legalization. You seem to think the further we decriminalize the less drugs taken
    I have never made that assertion, nor have I said anything to even imply that. I have been abundantly clear on this. There is no known correlation between drug laws and the rate of drug use. That means legalization will not increase or decrease the rate of drug use. It has no known effect. That goes both ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    The effects of drugs, addict or not, on an indivisual, is am myth, is it?
    Please stop trying to change my argument, I'm not that stupid. You said that full legalization will never happen because it would be a "disaster." That's what you need to prove, or admit that it's a myth.

    Again you have assumed that legalization will lead to an increase in drug use. Almost everything you've been saying is based on this one single assumption, which you STILL haven't supported with anything but your own version of "common sense" that falls apart in reality.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Proove to me legalizing will stop them.
    I've never made such a claim.

    At least in my argument all you have to do is apply so common sense. Am i supposed to be impressed?
    Sorry. "Common sense" does not constitute proof. Provide some evidence that drug laws actually prevent drug-related crimes from occurring and maybe we can take you seriously.

    Easier when its being sold legally everywhere.
    What's the difference? It would be easier for me to use a remote when changing the channel instead of getting up to press the buttons myself. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that I can change the channel whenever I like with as much frequency as I desire.

    I was referring to mental capacity. Grown up of you, btw, to insult a teenager by calling me a "little idiot" in your previous post. Well done, you're a man now.
    I figured that as long as you were going to call Ego a retard I would return the favor. Don't presume to raise yourself above anyone on this forum. You are an immature and ill-mannered boy, nothing more.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,505

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau View Post
    What is your point, alcohol can make you forget a entire night. No such thing happens with cannabis.
    I beg to differ.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-19-09 at 10:07 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #108
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,505

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    americanwoman, ARealConservative, bhkad, Blackdog, Catz Part Deux, celticlord, Cptnrodent, danarhea, dclxvinoise, EgoffTib, Ethereal, FallingPianos, Gibberish, Goldwaters, Hatuey, hiswoman, Ikari, Inferno, Jerry, Jessica, jonnyalpha, Kali, Kandahar, Kernel Sanders, Korimyr the Rat, Lerxst, mbig, MrFungus420, Orius, peepnklown, Psychoclown, rudedog, Saboteur, Sanitas, Shadow Serious, Shep Dawg, Singularity, SouthernDemocrat, Thoreau, Zyphlin
    It's so good to see people who I agree with on very little agreeing with me that pumping sweet sticky smoke into my lungs is not something that should be left up to the rabidly anti-marijuana contingent. Seriously - I'm all for going after drugs like meth, coke, crack, heroin, **** that makes you want to sell your kids for a hit and then rots your teeth right out of your skull. Sure. Let's go after that crazy ****. But marijuana? The most marijuana makes you do is eat $300 worth of food with 2 of your closest friends and then drink half a gallon of Sunny D. Seriously. Marijuana is the retarded member of the drug family.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,420
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This will be unpopular, but to me it's just not worth the effort that legalizing it would be. There is no compelling reason that I can see to legalize it, and out of all the issues that I think face the country and need attention, it is about the least of those issues.

    Note, it would not bother me in the least if it was legalized. My argument is not that weed is bad(it is, but that is not the argument), only that the time it would take politicians to do it would be better spent elsewhere.
    I do agree that there are far more pressing reforms and improvements.....in banking....in education....have the states failed here ????

    It was wrong to make marijuana illegal in the first place..We need more intelligent legislators.....having something illegal that is popular (alcohol in particular) is utterly counterproductive.
    Education is the answer.....I do NOT advocate the use of any of this crap in our bodys.....
    What is it that so many hate themselves, that they must drink to excess, smoke filthy cigarettes, brand themselves, inject themselves....is our society sick ???

  10. #110
    Student Catman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    07-14-09 @ 08:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    176

    Re: Should weed be legalized?

    Pot should not be legalized, but it should not have jail time as punishment. A fine would be plenty.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •