View Poll Results: If you oppose same-sex marriage, are you...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... ignorant?

    9 19.57%
  • ... bigoted?

    9 19.57%
  • ... homophobic?

    9 19.57%
  • ... stupid (which differs from ignorant)?

    6 13.04%
  • ... unreasonable?

    11 23.91%
  • ... unenlightened?

    7 15.22%
  • ... (all of the above)

    8 17.39%
  • ... (all of the above, as well as [specify])

    1 2.17%
  • ... (none of the above)

    18 39.13%
  • ... (other)

    11 23.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 235

Thread: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

  1. #81
    Your Huckleberry
    Lachean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in VR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,382

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Or that they are willing to stick by the principles they think are correct and right.

    And who try to put down others for sticking to a moral and principled compass are called what?
    Don't you see that you're the one sanctimoniously putting others down for who they are?

    How is homosexually not a "correct and right moral principle"? If two people love eachother...
    Who left the fridge open?

  2. #82
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,788

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Don't you see that you're the one sanctimoniously putting others down for who they are?
    That is ridicules, I am not putting down anyone. I don't agree with someones life style so I do not support it.

    If you think that is putting someone down you may have some issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    How is homosexually not a "correct and right moral principle"? If two people love eachother...
    According to my religion it is not, no more than lying or stealing etc. Now I don't go around putting anyone down over it or think less of the individual. But I will not support a life style I think is wrong, period.


    No Lives Matter

  3. #83
    Your Huckleberry
    Lachean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in VR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,382

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is ridicules, I am not putting down anyone. I don't agree with someones life style so I do not support it.

    If you think that is putting someone down you may have some issues.
    That isn't ridiculous, its the definition of "sanctimonious."

    I think to call someone's lifestyle immoral because they are homosexual, that is a put down. If that is an issue, please explain to me what the issue is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    According to my religion it is not, no more than lying or stealing etc. Now I don't go around putting anyone down over it or think less of the individual. But I will not support a life style I think is wrong, period.
    Bull****, you don't look down on liars, thieves, murderers or sinners?

    Besides, your bronze age religion is a terrible standard for morality.
    Last edited by Lachean; 05-13-09 at 06:57 PM.
    Who left the fridge open?

  4. #84
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,788

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    I think to call someone's lifestyle immoral because they are homosexual, that is a put down. If that is an issue, please explain to me what the issue is.
    No it is not. If you do not believe it is immoral and want to support it that is good. But don't try and say I am putting someone down because I will not support the life style. I do not support illegal immigration either. Am I now putting down illegal immigrants because I think that is wrong as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Bull****, you don't look down on liars, thieves, murderers or sinners?
    No I don't. I am no better than anyone else for any reason. This does not mean I am going to support what they do or let them escape punishment for crimes if they commit them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Besides, your bronze age religion is a terrible standard for morality.
    And that is your issue, not mine.


    No Lives Matter

  5. #85
    Your Huckleberry
    Lachean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in VR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,382

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No it is not. If you do not believe it is immoral and want to support it that is good. But don't try and say I am putting someone down because I will not support the life style. I do not support illegal immigration either. Am I now putting down illegal immigrants because I think that is wrong as well?
    To call their actions illegal is not a put down. To call them sinners and immoral would be.

    I don't know what your problem is with putting people down, but you're doing it. There's nothing wrong with that if you truly feel morally justified in your identification.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No I don't. I am no better than anyone else for any reason. This does not mean I am going to support what they do or let them escape punishment for crimes if they commit them.
    I really don't believe you, No better? Tell me was Christ better than Hitler?

    Some people are better than others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And that is your issue, not mine.
    Your bronze age barbaric morality is my issue? So long as you aren't using the government to impose it, no it is not my issue.
    Who left the fridge open?

  6. #86
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,788

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    To call their actions illegal is not a put down. To call them sinners and immoral would be.
    You can take it however you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    I don't know what your problem is with putting people down, but you're doing it.
    No I am not. If you do not believe in the God of Abraham or his teachings and do not feel God is even real, why would you take it as a put down? It should mean nothing to you if it is no more than a fairy tail to you anyway.

    It would be like a Muslim telling me I am going to hell for worshiping Christ. I don't believe or accept it. It is his opinion and no reflection on me, so why would I be offended in any way? I would say you are wrong and have a good day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that if you truly feel morally justified in your identification.
    Remember we are to love the sinner and hate the sin. So it has little to do with my affection or reactions to anyone. But I will not condone the sin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    I really don't believe you, No better? Tell me was Christ better than Hitler?
    So because we do not agree I am now a liar? I see.

    Christ is God, yes he was. He is the only one who is righteous. Are you and I any better than Hitler? No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Some people are better than others.
    In your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Your bronze age barbaric morality is my issue? So long as you aren't using the government to impose it, no it is not my issue.
    OK your true colors come out. I see. Well I guess we are done here.

    Have a good one.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-13-09 at 07:20 PM.


    No Lives Matter

  7. #87
    Your Huckleberry
    Lachean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in VR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,382

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You can take it however you like.

    No I am not. If you do not believe in the God of Abraham or his teachings and do not feel God is even real, why would you take it as a put down? It should mean nothing to you if it is no more than a fairy tail to you anyway.

    It would be like a Muslim telling me I am going to hell for worshiping Christ. I don't believe or accept it. It is his opinion and no reflection on me, so why would I be offended in any way? I would say you are wrong and have a good day.

    Remember we are to love the sinner and hate the sin. So it has little to do with my affection or reactions to anyone. But I will not condone the sin.

    So because we do not agree I am now a liar? I see.
    I did not call you a liar, I said I do not believe you. I do not believe you believe you either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Christ is God, yes he was. He is the only one who is righteous. Are you and I any better than Hitler? No.
    Yes I am, I am not responsible for genocide. I have lived a moral life, free of fraud or the use of force on others.

    A person who lives a moral life is better than a raping madman. If you do not agree, your morality is certainly suspect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    In your opinion.
    No, by the objective standard of a human life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    OK your true colors come out. I see. Well I guess we are done here.

    Have a good one.
    Unwilling to debate the virtues of a bronze age morality? Of slavery or violence against people of other faiths? Very well

    But if that is the case, if your dogma is not up for debate, why use it as the standard for condemnation on a debate forum? If I cannot debate your standard, I cannot debate arguments derived from it. Are you interested in an honest debate? Or does the fact I regard Leviticus as barbaric turn you away?
    Last edited by Lachean; 05-13-09 at 07:31 PM.
    Who left the fridge open?

  8. #88
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Or that they are willing to stick by the principles they think are correct and right.
    Yeah I respect the fact they have an opinion and respect their opinion, but what they are doing is blindly sticking.



    And those who try to put down others for sticking to a moral and principled compass are called what?
    I don't know what you are talking about. I'm talking about people who cling to false morals, and what they "think" are principles, when it is actually something like fear.


  9. #89
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes, they cheapen it by merely being involved for reasons I explained above.
    Oh wow. You derive the value of your marriage by the actions of others in their marriages?

    Don't tell your spouse that.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #90
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    If a person is against gay-marriage, it not only tells you their stance, but also tells you that they have failed to reason and they have failed to be open-minded. People who oppose gay-marriage are clinging to some misguided belief, whatever it may be, but they are still ignorantly clinging to it.
    say what?

    I'm against gay marriage. But then again, I'm against government marriage for all. Civil unions as the legal three way contract, let Churches, clubs, whatever handle the religious aspect. If marriage is really as "religious" as some here like to pretend, then they should have no problem with Pagan Handfasting religious marriage, Satanic marriage, Islamic marriage, Buddhist marriage and all that good stuff outside of government.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •