View Poll Results: If you oppose same-sex marriage, are you...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... ignorant?

    9 19.57%
  • ... bigoted?

    9 19.57%
  • ... homophobic?

    9 19.57%
  • ... stupid (which differs from ignorant)?

    6 13.04%
  • ... unreasonable?

    11 23.91%
  • ... unenlightened?

    7 15.22%
  • ... (all of the above)

    8 17.39%
  • ... (all of the above, as well as [specify])

    1 2.17%
  • ... (none of the above)

    18 39.13%
  • ... (other)

    11 23.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 235 of 235

Thread: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

  1. #231
    User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-04-09 @ 04:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    I'd say "ignorant," but that's hard to say since it's hardly common knowledge that homosexuality is normal and natural, and that everyone has a "gay gene" which activates in response to certain chemicals in the womb.
    Gay people are no different than infertile couples.

  2. #232
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignState View Post
    I'd say "ignorant," but that's hard to say since it's hardly common knowledge that homosexuality is normal and natural, and that everyone has a "gay gene" which activates in response to certain chemicals in the womb.
    Gay people are no different than infertile couples.
    Is this sarcasm or do you actually believe that?

    Welcome to the forums by the way!


    No Lives Matter

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I haven't seen where you have provided sourced material yet.
    Because you're closed to it. You said so right after requesting such.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    This is still deflect away from the original post. But let's see.

    You don't see marriage as a personal issue, I have to accept that.
    I say people who use the man/women thing is mostly religious based, but you don't have to accept that. I have to accept your premise that you put forth, regardless of right to contract. But your SCotUS cases prove the rationalization people make when they make the male/female argument. I didn't toss out an entire branch of government...I tossed out your argument that people use male/female arguments as "law based" and not religious based on account of SCotUS cases which declared marriage a civil right and then claimed interracial marriage was a civil right as well. I think many people who use the male/female argument are not doing so with these cases in mind, but rather going off their own personal perception of what marriage should be between which is influenced and dictated primarily through their religion. But whatever, you basically want to define yourself as always right and that people must always accept your base premise of your arguments and that you don't have to do the same for others. Good job Mr. "honest".
    Can I get a witnis?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Yet I've known Jerry for many months now, and while I disagree with virtually every word he types, nothing about him suggests a propensity for lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I've just grown so tired of quoting Loving, Skinner and others, which conclusivly prove you wrong, that I no longer take any of your argments seriously.
    I grow tired of useless philosophy thrown at the execution of contract and will. I will no longer take any of your arguments seriously.
    No one was saying anything about religion, in any way.

    I say I get tired of quoting SCOTUS, you say you get tired of hearing it.

    What's there to lie about?
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-15-09 at 01:17 AM.

  5. #235
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If you oppose blacks and whites getting married : you're a racist.

    If you oppose rich people and poor people getting married : you're an elitist snob.

    If you oppose Muslims marrying Christians : you're a bigot.

    I wonder why we have no problem calling all these people for what they are but yet we're supposed to white wash the stance of bigots who oppose same sex marriage as 'a different opinion'? Give me a ****ing break.
    So you'd agree that The Obama, Hillary and Joe Biden are bigots -- yes?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •