View Poll Results: If you oppose same-sex marriage, are you...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... ignorant?

    9 19.57%
  • ... bigoted?

    9 19.57%
  • ... homophobic?

    9 19.57%
  • ... stupid (which differs from ignorant)?

    6 13.04%
  • ... unreasonable?

    11 23.91%
  • ... unenlightened?

    7 15.22%
  • ... (all of the above)

    8 17.39%
  • ... (all of the above, as well as [specify])

    1 2.17%
  • ... (none of the above)

    18 39.13%
  • ... (other)

    11 23.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 235

Thread: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I gave you one. This isn't about being surprised or not, this is about your honesty. You said, based on my claim that people who tend to use the marriage is man/woman thing is religion based that you'd never take any of my arguments (regardless of subject or content) seriously again. This isn't limited to just your stance against the right to contract. I pointed out after another of your typical posts about me that I didn't feel in the follow up to your dismissive post that I should have to well qualify at that point any response to you since your post deserved no such thought and time. To which you tried to say I was dishonest and that your dismissal of all my arguments was not so and that it was based particularly on the argument of family as related to gay marriage. I showed where this was a lie, and you in fact had used an absolute statement. So all this "why would I be surprised" stuff is further deflect away from your dishonest nature.

    Though I did even take the time to give you a family argument. Though you are ignoring all my arguments so I suppose it doesn't matter.
    Marriage being man/woman is law-based. I refered to Loving and Skinner, remember?

    You then called all such law "usless philosiphy". You tossed out an entire branch of governement simply because you disagreed with an infintesimal portion of it's findings.

    That's irrational.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-14-09 at 04:35 PM.

  2. #222
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    13,890

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    So even if I provide you with source material, you don't care.

    Well hey, I don't take issue with that. I've made up my minde on the issue as well and won't fault you for doing the same; but why ask for refrence material when you're closed to it?

    That part I don't get.
    I haven't seen where you have provided sourced material yet.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #223
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    48,235

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Marriage being man/woman is law-based. I refered to Loving and Skinner, remember?

    You then called all such law "usless philosiphy". You tossed out an entire branch of governement simply because you disagreed with an infintesimal portion of it's findings.

    That's irrational.
    This is still deflect away from the original post. But let's see.

    You don't see marriage as a personal issue, I have to accept that.
    I say people who use the man/women thing is mostly religious based, but you don't have to accept that. I have to accept your premise that you put forth, regardless of right to contract. But your SCotUS cases prove the rationalization people make when they make the male/female argument. I didn't toss out an entire branch of government...I tossed out your argument that people use male/female arguments as "law based" and not religious based on account of SCotUS cases which declared marriage a civil right and then claimed interracial marriage was a civil right as well. I think many people who use the male/female argument are not doing so with these cases in mind, but rather going off their own personal perception of what marriage should be between which is influenced and dictated primarily through their religion. But whatever, you basically want to define yourself as always right and that people must always accept your base premise of your arguments and that you don't have to do the same for others. Good job Mr. "honest".
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #224
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,474

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not really. I know plenty of people who would not agree with the mixing of the races, this does not make them racist.
    And on what basis would you not want the mixing of races? Please tell me. I love this white washing of racism. It's the MO of Stormfront members.

    Yea thats true, lol.
    REALLY? But not the other one? I wonder why this is true but the other isn't. Are you by any chance poor?

    Depends on who you talk to, pretty subjective in this case.
    Really? On what basis would you oppose Muslim/Christian marriages?

    I am a bigot for following my religious doctrine? OK I can live with that.
    Funny how you proved my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    If you constantly assign slanderous names to people or groups with whom you disagree, you're a hyperpartizen hack best ignored.
    Oh cry me a f'n river. If you don't want to be called a bigot. Don't act like one. Simple.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #225
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh cry me a f'n river. If you don't want to be called a bigot. Don't act like one. Simple.
    Being a bigot means hating those who are different, right? Well, that applies to hating those who have different points of view as well.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,474

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Being a bigot means hating those who are different, right?Well, that applies to hating those who have different points of view as well.
    The old 'intolerant of the intolerant' fallacy. I'm not stopping you from following your beliefs. You're welcome to follow your religion and enforce on those who are members of it. The moment you try to push legislation banning the marriages of people who are not part of your religion and do not want to take part in your rituals of marriage from getting married then you're on the wrong side of the pool. Please stop this? This argument has been made countless times over and over again by people way smarter then you. And every single time they had nothing substantial to say and kept saying nothing more then 'you're being bigoted against my bigotry!' - If my argument was about forcing the Catholic Church to recognize same sex marriage then you'd have some sort of point. However since that is not my argument yours is just nothing more then the same old rhetoric Navy Pride use to spread.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-14-09 at 08:25 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #227
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,693

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And on what basis would you not want the mixing of races? Please tell me. I love this white washing of racism. It's the MO of Stormfront members.
    Because they like the race they are and don't feel they should mix? That is not racist, and it is moronic to call it otherwise. It has literally nothing to do with being superior or hate.

    I already gave you the dictionary meaning. Actually read it this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    REALLY? But not the other one? I wonder why this is true but the other isn't. Are you by any chance poor?
    You have got to be kidding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Really? On what basis would you oppose Muslim/Christian marriages?
    I don't, and most Jews will not marry non-Jews. Does this now make them bigots as well? Not really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Funny how you proved my point.
    I proved how asinine it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh cry me a f'n river. If you don't want to be called a bigot. Don't act like one. Simple.
    Everyone is a bigot in the true sense of the word on some level, everyone including you.


    No Lives Matter

  8. #228
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,693

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I have 5 words for you: Iowa, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine.
    I have 45 for you.

    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

    Interestingly enough none of the 5 words you mentioned put it to a vote. I wonder why that was?


    No Lives Matter

  9. #229
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,474

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because they like the race they are and don't feel they should mix?
    Why though? You're avoiding my question. Why do they feel like races shouldn't mix?

    That is not racist, and it is moronic to call it otherwise. It has literally nothing to do with being superior or hate.
    You're being intellectually dishonest and using the same old Stormfront white washing of what is racism.

    I already gave you the dictionary meaning. Actually read it this time.
    Glad you brought up the fact that you gave the dictionary definition :

    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
    If you do not feel races should mix you're not being intolerant of other races? Why are you playing semantics?

    You have got to be kidding.
    You're the one who must think we're stupid.

    I don't, and most Jews will not marry non-Jews. Does this now make them bigots as well?
    Yes.

    I proved how asinine it is.
    You proved nothing. You white washed the definition of racism to suit your agenda.

    Everyone is a bigot in the true sense of the word on some level, everyone including you.
    Not really. I could care less what you do with your life as long as A) It's consensual B) It doesn't bother me. Thanks for asking!
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #230
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,693

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why though? You're avoiding my question. Why do they feel like races shouldn't mix?
    Ummm... Maybe they actually like there own race like I said before. Maybe they feel half breed children have it rougher in life (stupid reason, but I know people who think this). Maybe they just don't find other races attractive. Many reasons that are not bigoted exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You're being intellectually dishonest and using the same old Stormfront white washing of what is racism.
    Storm Front? What do they have to do with anything? I guess you must be a regular there? Considering you think anyone who disagrees is ...

    Racist, bigot etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If you do not feel races should mix you're not being intolerant of other races? Why are you playing semantics?
    Playing semantics? How is a Chinese woman for example wanting to stay within her own race as far as dating and marriage etc make her intolerant????

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You're the one who must think we're stupid.
    After your last comment, I don't have to think about it anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You proved nothing. You white washed the definition of racism to suit your agenda.
    Ummm... I used the dictionary. I guess Webster is in on the conspiracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Not really. I could care less what you do with your life as long as A) It's consensual B) It doesn't bother me. Thanks for asking!
    Yes really.


    No Lives Matter

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •