View Poll Results: If you oppose same-sex marriage, are you...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... ignorant?

    9 19.57%
  • ... bigoted?

    9 19.57%
  • ... homophobic?

    9 19.57%
  • ... stupid (which differs from ignorant)?

    6 13.04%
  • ... unreasonable?

    11 23.91%
  • ... unenlightened?

    7 15.22%
  • ... (all of the above)

    8 17.39%
  • ... (all of the above, as well as [specify])

    1 2.17%
  • ... (none of the above)

    18 39.13%
  • ... (other)

    11 23.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 235

Thread: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

  1. #121
    Guru
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Plano
    Last Seen
    03-17-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,062

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The movement is going to break through irregardless. Polling shows that younger people support gay marriage overwhelmingly. It's just a matter of time.
    Scientists Make Fruit Flies Gay, Then Straight Again



    "new study finds that both drugs and genetic manipulation can turn the homosexual behavior of fruit flies on and off within a matter of hours."



    Maybe the kids just need a gluton free diet.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvel-war-of-heroes/id536478373?mt=8
    iphone or ipad game

    Use Referral code bfg861256 for a free rare card.

  2. #122
    Guru
    FallingPianos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,341

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    To call yourself "open-minded" and then turn around and refuse to admit that good people can be misguided, that in fact you are above these people for being of the opposite point of view, it is not only hypocritical, it is morally outrageous.

    Many people in my family are against gay marriage and they are not homophobic, bigoted, unreasonable, or anything of the sort. In fact, their arguments happen to be very calm and well-reasoned, I just also happen to disagree with them.
    Being bigoted and homophobic doesn't necessarily mean that they go around proclaiming their disdain for gays, or that they can't discuss the issue calmly. A homophobic person can even have gay friends.

    But at the end of the day, those people in your family think its ok to deny equal rights to GLBT people. There is no escaping the bigotry or homophobia of that stance, no matter how calmly or even "lovingly" its proclaimed.

    That doesn't mean that supporters of same-sex marriage are somehow better than others. Its not about who's better. Everyone has their flaws.

  3. #123
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't know, could be I was responding to multiple people.
    Man, you don't even remember what you said.

    Because he knew what I was talking about.
    Except that he didn't. Especially since he threw in "other people."

    I was responding to more than one post and again outside of you, everyone knew what I was talking about.
    Except when people asked you how gays in marriage affect the sanctity of marriage and you replying that they cheapen it.

    Huh......

    You are the only one who did not understand what I meant. Think about that for a second.
    Am I the only one who speaks English here?

    People asking you how gays affect marriage's sanctity and you replying that they cheapen is means you're not talking about gays and the sanctity of marriage?

    Come again?

    Sorry man, you are way off.
    Only if you ignore everything else you said.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #124
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Only if you ignore everything else you said.
    #1 This is getting way off topic.

    #2 You are trying to play semantics. I said it, and I know what I meant and said, unless you have somehow become a mind reader?

    Finaly I notice how you completly ignore my comments and cherry pick what you would like it to mean.

    ""Could not agree more. This is why I want the state to get the heck out of the marriage business altogether." - Blackdog

    Pretty much sums up what I meant.

    Now I have clarified what I said and meant. If you don't like it well that is to bad.

    Now can we get back to the subject at hand?


    No Lives Matter

  5. #125
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    If you oppose state recognition of same-sex marriage, then:

    1. You could be a bigot and think its the same as allowing adults to marry animals or children.

    2. It could be for religious reasons.

    3. You are obviously either ignorant of the basic principles of liberty, or you don't care.
    Which one of these do you think applies to The Obama?
    Hillary? Joe Biden?

  6. #126
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    13,933

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because it did not work well before government got involved. Hmmmm...
    The world is a different place today then it was centuries ago. I doubt there were many custody law suits, foreign adoptions and so on back 1805 for example. It seems to me that if thats your argument, then your beef is with modernity.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #127
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    13,933

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Which one of these do you think applies to The Obama?
    Hillary? Joe Biden?
    No, they are simply politicians looking to appease those groups.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #128
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    ignorant? - If you're defining this as different than stupid, then I'll say no for this one because I'm not really sure what you mean. Most opponents of same-sex marriage are ignorant in the sense that they've never actually known a gay person though. No, the guy who works in the other department at your office, who you never talk to, doesn't count as a "gay friend."

    bigoted? - Usually. They want to deny civil rights to another group of people...and pretty much every argument against same-sex marriage is ultimately rooted in a desire to hurt homosexuals, no matter how much opponents want to cloak it in other rationalizations.

    homophobic? - This is the same as bigoted, so yes.

    stupid (which differs from ignorant)? - Again, I'm not sure what difference you see between these two terms. But every argument against gay marriage that I've ever heard is stupid. Not just in the sense that I might disagree with their viewpoint, like I would for, say, health care or foreign policy. I'm talking downright, indefensible, illogical stupidity.

    unreasonable? - Yes. If there are any reasonable arguments against gay marriage, I have yet to hear them.

    unenlightened? - Yup. Same-sex marriage doesn't affect you at all. I don't know of anyone who is trying to make it mandatory.
    How many of these do you apply to The Obama?
    Hillary? Joe Biden?

    BTW -- to lessen your ignorance...

    Ignorant:
    1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: .
    2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact:
    3. uninformed; unaware.
    4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training:

    Stupid:
    1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
    2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness;
    Last edited by Goobieman; 05-14-09 at 09:30 AM.

  9. #129
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    No, they are simply politicians looking to appease those groups.
    Oh I see -- when they express their position against same-sex marriage, its different.

    Doesnt this mean you need to revise your assessment regarding those that hold an anti-gay marriage position?

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,221

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Oh I see -- when they express their position against same-sex marriage, its different.

    Doesnt this mean you need to revise your assessment regarding those that hold an anti-gay marriage position?
    Are they promoting things like the FMA?

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •