View Poll Results: If you oppose same-sex marriage, are you...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... ignorant?

    9 19.57%
  • ... bigoted?

    9 19.57%
  • ... homophobic?

    9 19.57%
  • ... stupid (which differs from ignorant)?

    6 13.04%
  • ... unreasonable?

    11 23.91%
  • ... unenlightened?

    7 15.22%
  • ... (all of the above)

    8 17.39%
  • ... (all of the above, as well as [specify])

    1 2.17%
  • ... (none of the above)

    18 39.13%
  • ... (other)

    11 23.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 235

Thread: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

  1. #101
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    That's not an example of fear. Its not always that people use. If I said that its "fear" every time, then I apologize. Its fear only sometimes, otherwise its religious ignorance or something else.
    So now it's religious ignorance or something else? the majority of religious people in this country are far from ignorant. So because people choose to follow the laws of the God they worship, it must be ignorance? Or something else.


    No Lives Matter

  2. #102
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    A little off topic, but...

    Today I learned that people tend to get really all bent out of shape on the issue of gay marriage. I don't mean those against it, I mean people on both sides. Can some one explain it to me? I guess I just don't see the big deal kinda thing. I understand it's important to people, but so are alot of things that don't generate the kind of emotional reaction that this issue does.

    What is odd is that the general attitude among gay people I know on the topic is that gay marriage would be nice, and it's going to happen soon, but it's not a really huge deal. It certainly does not seem to inflame the emotions like this thread and a couple others on this topic.
    I do what I do here because its a place where I can let out all my opinions and try to prove people wrong. I like to argue, honestly, I think its fun and I like to try to prove a point.


  3. #103
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If you had actually read what I said in context, you would know you are completely off track.

    I was talking about the government.
    Except Not. You claimed for various reasons that the the presence of gay in marriage by government intervention cheapens the concept and value of marriage.

    Therefore it is logical to deduce you value marriage on the basis of the actions of others rather than value marriage on the basis of your own.

    Furthermore, post #54 where you argued that the inclusion of gays devalues the sanctity of marriage's 'sacredness.'

    And Lachean said this:
    "Is your marriage not inherently sacred to you? How does the actions of the state or other people make it any less sacred?"

    And you replied

    "Yes, they cheapen it by merely being involved for reasons I explained above."

    It's kind of like saying that my family heirlooms are worthless because the weird guy down the street has something similar. Say what? Value by society rather than value intrinsically.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 05-13-09 at 09:01 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #104
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So now it's religious ignorance or something else? the majority of religious people in this country are far from ignorant. So because people choose to follow the laws of the God they worship, it must be ignorance? Or something else.
    No. What the hell is wrong with you? This has to do with gay marriage. Pay attention please.

    Stop trying to amplify my arguments to "all of religion." I am and always have been talking specifically about gay-marriage on this thread.

    READ CAREFULLY: My main point is that people who use religion to argue against gay-marriage are ignorant. I'm not saying that religious people in general are ignorant.

    Now see, in your case, if this continues, that's just general ignorance; which has nothing to do with religion or anything, just the fact that you are being ignorant.

    But we'll see, let's wait for your reply.


  5. #105
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Except that you were not. You claimed for various reasons that the the presence of gay in marriage cheapens the concept and value of marriage.

    Therefore it is logical to deduce you value marriage on the basis of the actions of others rather than value marriage on the basis of your own.

    It's kind of like saying that my family heirlooms are worthless because the weird guy down the street has something similar. Say what? Value by society rather than value intrinsically.
    I said ...

    "I disagree. I think it would undermine the already weak foundations of marriage.

    PS I need to clarify...

    I don't mean gay marriage would weaken it. I mean more government involvement.
    " - Blackdog

    I guess you should read the whole thing in context before making assumptions.


    No Lives Matter

  6. #106
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    No. What the hell is wrong with you? This has to do with gay marriage. Pay attention please.

    Stop trying to amplify my arguments to "all of religion." I am and always have been talking specifically about gay-marriage on this thread.
    What the hell is wrong with you? I am talking in reference to gay marriage. When did that change????

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    READ CAREFULLY: My main point is that people who use religion to argue against gay-marriage are ignorant. I'm not saying that religious people in general are ignorant.
    I am not saying you did. I am talking about in reference to gay marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Now see, in your case, if this continues, that's just general ignorance; which has nothing to do with religion or anything, just the fact that you are being ignorant.

    But we'll see, let's wait for your reply.


    No Lives Matter

  7. #107
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I said ...

    "I disagree. I think it would undermine the already weak foundations of marriage.

    PS I need to clarify...

    I don't mean gay marriage would weaken it. I mean more government involvement.
    " - Blackdog

    I guess you should read the whole thing in context before making assumptions.
    Perhaps you should remember what you wrote.

    Post #54, winston53660 was specifically talking about gays and their contributions as well as their lack of rights.

    You replied with support for their rights, but stated "is it to much to ask to keep the sanctity of my marriage sacred?"

    Why would you say that in the context of gays if you did not think that gays' inclusion in marriage does not threaten the sacred sanctity of your marriage?

    Let's keep going:

    Lachean "How does the actions of the state or other people make it any less sacred?"

    And you replied:

    "Yes, they cheapen it by merely being involved for reasons I explained above"

    Other people, in this case, GAYS, are by your own word, cheapening the sacredness of marriage.

    Perhaps you should remember what you wrote.

    These are your words. Not mine.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #108
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Perhaps you should remember what you wrote.

    Post #54, winston53660 was specifically talking about gays and their contributions as well as their lack of rights.

    You replied with support for their rights, but stated "is it to much to ask to keep the sanctity of my marriage sacred?"

    Why would you say that in the context of gays if you did not think that gays' inclusion in marriage does not threaten the sacred sanctity of your marriage?

    Let's keep going:

    Lachean "How does the actions of the state or other people make it any less sacred?"

    And you replied:

    "Yes, they cheapen it by merely being involved for reasons I explained above"

    Other people, in this case, GAYS, are by your own word, cheapening the sacredness of marriage.

    Perhaps you should remember what you wrote.

    These are your words. Not mine.
    You are cherry picking quotes to make it look like I said or meant something I did not.

    Sorry you assumed wrong.


    No Lives Matter

  9. #109
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you? I am talking in reference to gay marriage. When did that change????

    I am not saying you did. I am talking about in reference to gay marriage.


    You said this:

    So because people choose to follow the laws of the God they worship, it must be ignorance? Or something else.


  10. #110
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,694

    Re: If you oppose same-sex marriage, you are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    You said this:
    In reference to gay marriage. I mean that is what we are talking about.


    No Lives Matter

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •