View Poll Results: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    33 100.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

  1. #11
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    13,943

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Just a thought, is it okay for private citizens to utilize police radio scanners like use to be sold at Radio Shack?
    Yes, you a private citizen own the police department. Thats why you can do so.

    The police department does not own you, thus they should not be able to track you or your property without just cause and court approval.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,230

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Yea you can buy police radio scanners.

    You will often find old people listening to them, why I have no clue.
    Its a requirement for some old people.
    I've met people that utilized that ability to commit crimes. However they ususally were not as succesful as Bonnie and CClyde. And we all know how the Bonnie and Clyde story ended.

  3. #13
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I've met people that utilized that ability to commit crimes. However they ususally were not as succesful as Bonnie and CClyde. And we all know how the Bonnie and Clyde story ended.
    I've known a lot of near elderly to full elderly people that listen to them religiously.

    I try not to put down what people do for fun but I can't understand how that would be enjoyable.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,230

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I've known a lot of near elderly to full elderly people that listen to them religiously.

    I try not to put down what people do for fun but I can't understand how that would be enjoyable.


    Heck people think I'm screwy for posting on these messgae boards, LOL

  5. #15
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Heck people think I'm screwy for posting on these messgae boards, LOL
    Bah they are just stupid.

    I question their thinking ability, as most that post on this message board have some sort of above standard intelligence.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #16
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,783

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    No.

    That would be getting just a little to 1984 or THX1138 for my taste.


    No Lives Matter

  7. #17
    Just Crazy Enough to Work
    Edify_Always_In_All_Ways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No.

    That would be getting just a little to 1984 or THX1138 for my taste.
    The article does point out that visual surveillance is quite legal without a warrant and gives police the same information as a GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    Heh. Do you realize how many children I'd murder to be immortal and have an army of willing slaves?

  8. #18
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    13,943

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edify_Always_In_All_Ways View Post
    The article does point out that visual surveillance is quite legal without a warrant and gives police the same information as a GPS.
    Say you see this chick walking down the road:



    More than likely, you are going to engage in some visual surveillance as she walks by you. That of course is perfectly legal (however, if your wife or girlfriend is with you, you are probably going to catch some **** over it).

    However, if you were to follow her, and then secretly put a GPS tracking unit on her vehicle so you could track her location at all times anywhere in North America, that would be illegal. So why should it be legal for the police to do so without a warrant?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #19
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Say you see this chick walking down the road:



    More than likely, you are going to engage in some visual surveillance as she walks by you. That of course is perfectly legal (however, if your wife or girlfriend is with you, you are probably going to catch some **** over it).

    However, if you were to follow her, and then secretly put a GPS tracking unit on her vehicle so you could track her location at all times anywhere in North America, that would be illegal. So why should it be legal for the police to do so without a warrant?
    After seeing that picture I may change my stance on it and become a police officer.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #20
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,783

    Re: Should the police be able to stick GPS on your vehicle without a warrant?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edify_Always_In_All_Ways View Post
    The article does point out that visual surveillance is quite legal without a warrant and gives police the same information as a GPS.
    The article is wrong. A camera cannot tell my cars exact location if I am no longer in proximity to the camera or camera's. A GPS can (unlike cameras) track my cars location anywhere in the world.

    Common sense.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-11-09 at 07:28 PM.


    No Lives Matter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •