View Poll Results: What Should the Republican Party Focus On?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fiscal Conservatism

    46 92.00%
  • Social Conservatism

    8 16.00%
  • National Defense

    12 24.00%
  • Nationalism

    5 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102

Thread: How to Revive the Republican Party

  1. #61
    Educator nerv14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    02-07-11 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    601

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    We didn't need them for the banks.

    Last time I read the Constitution, the FHA is illegal.

    Without the FHA, there'd have been no Fannie-Mae nor Freddie-Mac, and thus no underhanded manipulation of the banking industry by the Democrats.

    Without the underhanded manipulation, there'd have been no need for a bailout.

    Any banking failure would have been a local failure. That's the tragedy of the unconstitutional Federal Reserve System.
    People don't follow the Constitution, so even though there was a super majority to pass an amendment to give those enumerated powers, they won't do that. So that shouldn't be as much of an exuse as it is to be against the bailouts.


    Regardless, those mistakes don't mean that the RECENT bailouts weren't also a problem.

    Right, without other manipulation of the economy we wouldn't need the bailouts, but that doesn't mean right now. Thats for the future.
    Last edited by nerv14; 05-04-09 at 12:21 AM.

  2. #62
    Educator nerv14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    02-07-11 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    601

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So?

    It's the right thing to say, because it's true.



    No.

    McCain is just a RINO.

    Obama is an avowed socialist.

    It's the difference between a smallpox innoculation and catching the real disease from Peace Prize winning Russian dictators.



    No.

    One party at least tries to promote ideas and ideals that are beneficial for the United States, regardless of the individual candidate that may be nominated in any given year.

    The Democrats are not that party. In the past, in my lifetime, the Democrats have elected:

    A callow senator with too few years of experience who then caused the deaths of thousands at the Bay of Pigs, and who later through his incompetence almost started a nuclear war with the Soviet Union.

    A corrupt President from Texas who deliberately lied, on a scale that makes any ridiculous claims the Democrats want to whine about for Bush look llike a kid caught stealing candy, to get us into a pointless war that produced 56,000 casualties, who was such an awful president he declined to run for a second full term.

    A total idiot who couldn't figure out that America's future wasn't going to be one of Less is More, not if the voters had anything to say about it, and who couldn't figure out that bombing Tehran was the only response open to dealing with the criminal regime there.

    Then the Democrats elected a known liar, a proven rapist, who loathed the military.

    Now they've elected an avowed socialist and experienced teleprompter reader....who has EVEN LESS experience than the boob that invaded the Bay of Pigs. And this boob is running around APOLOGIZING all over the place.

    Nothing good comes from Democrats in high office.
    I like your reasons that Clinton Sucked :P They don't mean anything, the cold was over. We didn't need as big a military.
    Cause, in case you didn't know, conventional forces don't help stopping terrorists on American soil.


    And I like your reasons for why Kennedy was a bad president, because those answers for his mistakes didn't matter because of how well he did everywhere else.

    And I agree that the other democratic presidents were poor though. But lets not be partisan, and give people their credit when they deserve it.
    I liked all of the Republican presidents to a degree (and Reagan was great) except that both Bushs have done a poor job. The republicans were pretty good before Reagan.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    I was talking about Prez Doofus voters/supporters in the quoted post. I assume you are not in this post.


    .
    As I said....it's not my job to forgive them.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    I like your reasons that Clinton Sucked :P They don't mean anything, the cold was over. We didn't need as big a military.
    Cause, in case you didn't know, conventional forces don't help stopping terrorists on American soil.
    Don't have a clue about US military planning, I see.

    Also, you're apparently unfamiliar with posse comitatus.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    And I like your reasons for why Kennedy was a bad president, because those answers for his mistakes didn't matter because of how well he did everywhere else.
    He did well...

    ...when he cut taxes.

    That's it.

    Oh oh oh. you've got the urge to babble about NASA, which unconstitutionally, as a civillian agency, sent men to the moon, as part of a military propaganda stunt, and which, if you'd bothered to look at the legacy of NASA since it killed Apollo, has chased one disaster after the next and been the biggest impediment to civillian commercial space development in the US. The Space Shuttle killed Skylab. The Shuttle killed unmanned heavy lift launch vehicle development. The Shuttle has been, a huge waste of money and a mistake, since it was engineered by rivet counters in Washington who were more interested in making sure every possible congressional district got a piece of the action than in making sure the action actually happened.

    Kennedy....was a callow boob.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    And I agree that the other democratic presidents were poor though. But lets not be partisan, and give people their credit when they deserve it.
    I did.

    As you can see, Democrat presidents don't deserve credit, so I didn't give them any.

    You'll note also in my post, I didn't give Republican presidents any. The only one that deserves any was Reagan, the rest were Democrats without the jackass.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    The republicans were pretty good before Reagan.
    Hmmmm....you mean, Socialist Wage and Price Control Nixon? WIN Button, Swine Flu Ford?

    Clearly the Bush's sucked....they liked being Democrats too much to be any good.

    Reagan did things all right, given the constraints he was under....I mean, the most powerful branch of government was under enemy control throughout his entire term.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    People don't follow the Constitution, so even though there was a super majority to pass an amendment to give those enumerated powers, they won't do that. So that shouldn't be as much of an exuse as it is to be against the bailouts.
    Hello?

    The powers enumerated in Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution are ...um...how can I say this delicately without hurting any feelings?....I can't....THEY'RE IN THE FRIGGIN' CONSTITUTION ALREADY.

    The problem is...the stupid voters refuse to eject congressthings and presidents who exceed those limits, and they refuse to elect Congressmen who will impeach the judges that can't read the Constitution.

    The Constitution wasn't written for lawyers, it was written for the people. The retarded stupid people have refused to read it, and now they're upset that things aren't working.

    We don't need an amendment, that's merely an illustration of your own ignorance.

    We need people to wake up.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    Regardless, those mistakes don't mean that the RECENT bailouts weren't also a problem.
    Of course they were. Obama nationalized GM and fired it's CEO.

    Oh wonderful. Will he make the trains run on time, too?

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    Right, without other manipulation of the economy we wouldn't need the bailouts, but that doesn't mean right now. Thats for the future.
    The future is here, now. The future begins with your very next heartbeat.

  6. #66
    Educator nerv14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    02-07-11 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    601

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hello?

    The powers enumerated in Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution are ...um...how can I say this delicately without hurting any feelings?....I can't....THEY'RE IN THE FRIGGIN' CONSTITUTION ALREADY.

    The problem is...the stupid voters refuse to eject congressthings and presidents who exceed those limits, and they refuse to elect Congressmen who will impeach the judges that can't read the Constitution.

    The Constitution wasn't written for lawyers, it was written for the people. The retarded stupid people have refused to read it, and now they're upset that things aren't working.

    We don't need an amendment, that's merely an illustration of your own ignorance.

    We need people to wake up.
    What are you talking about? Of course we would need an amendment to add bailouts to the powers of congress! The Constitution can be a living document that changes depending on the times.

    It doesn't need to be stagnated in your views of what the federal government can do.

    Making the country avoid a depression is more important then the Constitution, sorry. I will probally vote for a libertarian in congress for 2010, so I am watching for the future, but we need to pay attention to the present as well.

    Don't worry, I am use to this forum being very rude (compared to all of the other forums ive been to). But I come here because there is good substance. Lets stick to that.

    Of course they were. Obama nationalized GM and fired it's CEO.

    Oh wonderful. Will he make the trains run on time, too?



    The future is here, now. The future begins with your very next heartbeat.
    Not disagreeing with you now. All I am saying is that we needed the bailouts. (with bailing out the automakers as not being very important)

    And don't confuse Obama with a fascist, all that does it rally up uneducated voters when it makes no sense at all.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    48,242

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by FallingPianos View Post
    There has been a lot of talk recently about the soul-searching the republican party is doing, after its losses last election.

    What do you think republicans need to focus on, in order to win back its appeal?

    Fiscal Conservatism - balancing the budget, small government, ending corporate bailouts, ending certain social programs.

    Social Conservatism - opposition to same-sex marriage, abortion, and other hot button issues.

    National Defense - increase military spending and recruitment, more aggressive international policies.

    Nationalism - oppose multiculturalism, english as an official language, more immigration control.
    The GOP should focus on dying and allowing a true small government party to come forward to lead.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    What are you talking about? Of course we would need an amendment to add bailouts to the powers of congress! The Constitution can be a living document that changes depending on the times.
    Has the amendment been written, passed and ratified?

    No.

    Then the bailout is unconstitutional.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    It doesn't need to be stagnated in your views of what the federal government can do.
    Right.

    So when you gonna start getting Amendments ratified to make your nonsense legal?

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    Making the country avoid a depression is more important then the Constitution, sorry.
    Wrong.

    Failing to obey the Constitution is what caused the first depression, what made it longer, and what made it get worse.

    Failing to obey the Constitution is what caused this depression, what's going to make it longer, and what's going to make it worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    I will probally vote for a libertarian in congress for 2010, so I am watching for the future, but we need to pay attention to the present as well.
    Why? The last LP candidate was a Republican.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    Not disagreeing with you now. All I am saying is that we needed the bailouts. (with bailing out the automakers as not being very important)
    You're wrong. We needed a free market.

    Wall Street and the bankers, they needed the bailouts.

    Now we know who the Democrats and the Republicans are working for.

    It ain't us.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv14 View Post
    And don't confuse Obama with a fascist, all that does it rally up uneducated voters when it makes no sense at all.
    I don't suffer under any confusions at all. Obama is close enough to a fascist as makes no difference. He's even proposed new trains, isn't that special?

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,948

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The GOP should focus on dying and allowing a true small government party to come forward to lead.
    See you in 30+ years.
    You down with TPP?

  10. #70
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    48,242

    Re: How to Revive the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    See you in 30+ years.
    I know it ain't gonna happen, but that's what should happen. Replace the GOP with an actual small government party. Two big government parties just isn't working out well for us I fear.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •