Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: While we're prosecuting the previous administration

  1. #11
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,968

    Re: While we're prosecuting the previous administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    But in that specific incident, there was a Justice Dept. investigation which resulted in 22 criminal convictions. There were also House and Senate investigations that pretty much went nowhere. Apparently they were unable to find evidence that Clinton himself was involved and/or committed any crime.
    Sure, there were convictions on bank fraud, withholding evidence, onstruction of justice, and other ancillary stuff. But I'm talking about the meat of the issue.
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  2. #12
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,968

    Re: While we're prosecuting the previous administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    What if a President's staff of legal advisors deem that rape is legal? Is everything they say automatically correct just because they are lawyers?
    The lawyers didn't "deem" "torture" to be legal.


    Three investigations could not conclude that, so I don't understand how you can be so certain.
    There was no serious criminal investigation of anyone but low-hanging fruit.
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    48,241

    Re: While we're prosecuting the previous administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Should we open criminal investigations into the Clinton/Gore administration's foreign campaign contributions from China, especially to see if they resulted in favorable policy?

    I mean, after all, if laws were broken -- and these are serious allegations -- they should be held accountable, correct?

    It's not facetious. It's a serious question.

    If you say "no," please explain why.
    I firmly believe that Clinton should have been kicked out after he committed perjury. How far back to we go? I think maybe Clinton is as far back as you could take it, anything beyond that is someone who got away with it. Regardless, I think that consequence needs to be reinstalled, and that politicians need to be held accountable for their actions. If there are misdeeds, there needs to be punishments; that's it. Abuse and misuse the power and soveriegnty of the People and pay the price; that's what it needs to be. We have to start somewhere, we can't continue to allow the treason of the past to excuse the treason of the present.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: While we're prosecuting the previous administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    What if a President's staff of legal advisors deem that rape is legal? Is everything they say automatically correct just because they are lawyers?
    Isn't that what the US Senate did for Clinton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Three investigations could not conclude that, so I don't understand how you can be so certain.
    Easy. I'm not a politically biased government investigating panel, and connecting the dots wasn't all that difficult.

    ===

    Waterboarding isn't torture. It's merely unpleasant.

    The important fact to note is that the persons compelled to testify in that fashion are not having their testimony used against them in court.

    Not to mention the fact that they're terrorists and no decent person cares about them.

    So, no, I'm not all that excited over the fact that the US decided to use non-torture techniques to extract information from enemies willing to use babies to murder other babies.

    I'm very concerned that the current administration has no problem with ex post facto criminalization of policy decisions from the prior administration, and even more concerned that people are so truly ignorant they can't see the dangers that presents us all.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 04-30-09 at 05:33 PM.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: While we're prosecuting the previous administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Good someone agrees with me.
    Doesn't bode well for the nation when agreement with what you said is rare. I mean, petrified pansies worried more about the non-torture of terrorists than the President selling national secrets to potential enemies?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 04-30-09 at 05:39 PM.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,772

    Re: While we're prosecuting the previous administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Dangit. Will a mod please add a yes/no poll?
    Moderator's Warning:
    While we're prosecuting the previous administration I'd be happy to but your poll question is too long for the system. Reduce it to 100 characters or less and it will be added.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •