View Poll Results: Per the question in the thread

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I supported Afghanistan

    12 27.27%
  • Yes, and I supported Iraq

    0 0%
  • Yes, and I supported both

    10 22.73%
  • Yes, and I supported neither

    1 2.27%
  • No, and I supported Afghanistan

    4 9.09%
  • No, and I supported Iraq

    1 2.27%
  • No, and I supported both

    5 11.36%
  • No, and I suppported neither

    5 11.36%
  • Undecided, leaning towards yes

    3 6.82%
  • Undecided, leaning towards no

    3 6.82%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 101

Thread: Attack within Pakistan

  1. #81
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,420

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    We are talking about preventing it from falling by driving the Taliban out of the area.
    Yes and your proposed method of doing so [correct we if im wrong] is armed incursion without the permission of the pakistani government. Juding from historical precedent [e.g iran during/after ww2] your proposed course of action would destabilise the government to the extent thats its basically a non entity. This would necessitate its being replaced. Its perfectly valid to ask how you would replace it given that you proposed this course of action.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Yes and your proposed method of doing so [correct we if im wrong] is armed incursion without the permission of the pakistani government. Juding from historical precedent [e.g iran during/after ww2] your proposed course of action would destabilise the government to the extent thats its basically a non entity. This would necessitate its being replaced. Its perfectly valid to ask how you would replace it given that you proposed this course of action.
    WRONG.

    Driving the Taliban out is NOT going to destabilize the government. That is liberal rhetoric.

    Your question is invalid.

  3. #83
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,420

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    WRONG.

    Driving the Taliban out is NOT going to destabilize the government. That is liberal rhetoric.

    Your question is invalid.
    No my question is based on historical precedence. Why dont you provide evidence to the contrary?

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    No my question is based on historical precedence. Why dont you provide evidence to the contrary?
    Liberal rhetoric about Iraq is not historical precedent.

  5. #85
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,420

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Liberal rhetoric about Iraq is not historical precedent.
    No I said Iran

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    No I said Iran
    Iran is a nation run by terrorists.

    In any event, Iran is not a valid comparison.

  7. #87
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,420

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Iran is a nation run by terrorists.

    In any event, Iran is not a valid comparison.
    Which makes little sence given that I was refering to the downfall of the Qajar dynasty [which i wrongly claimed happend after ww2 when it acutally happend after ww1]. Anyway you,ve yet to explain why it wasnt a valid comparison. Like ive said if foriegn troops entered pakistan without permission the Pakistani army would try to remove them (as they have stated themselves). This would envitably result in a confrontation. Do you honestly belive this would have no destabilising effect attal? What are you basing this on?
    Last edited by Red_Dave; 05-19-09 at 12:16 PM.

  8. #88
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    04-04-14 @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,233

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Driving the Taliban out is NOT going to destabilize the government. That is liberal rhetoric.
    .
    It is liberal rhetoric that massive incursions violating national sovereignty don't tend to destabilise gov'ts?
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    It is liberal rhetoric that massive incursions violating national sovereignty don't tend to destabilise gov'ts?
    Yes, it is.

    Nobody said ANYTHING about a massive incursion except the liberals.

    We're talking about keeping nukes out of the hands of Taliban morons. You're talking about an invasion. The two are NOT related.

    Besides ... I have yet to meet a true old-left liberal who had the slightest clue how military operations work.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attack within Pakistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Which makes little sence given that I was refering to the downfall of the Qajar dynasty [which i wrongly claimed happend after ww2 when it acutally happend after ww1]. Anyway you,ve yet to explain why it wasnt a valid comparison. Like ive said if foriegn troops entered pakistan without permission the Pakistani army would try to remove them (as they have stated themselves). This would envitably result in a confrontation. Do you honestly belive this would have no destabilising effect attal? What are you basing this on?

    Again ... the point you're missing is that NOBODY is talking about deploying troops. You created that falacy.

    There are other ways to intervene.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •