View Poll Results: Did we evolve from Apes?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we evolved from Apes.

    71 53.38%
  • No, we have not evolved in any shape or form, we are the same biological beings we have always been.

    26 19.55%
  • Yes, we did evolve, but i do not think we evolved from Apes.

    36 27.07%
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 517

Thread: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Read the article, a theory is not a guess

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    In one sentence you say that 'guess' is a bad word when it comes to theory. In the very next you use the word 'guess' to describe the process of constructing theory. I hope you can see the very obvious contradiction there. There's a reason scientists don't use the word 'guess' in the description of their work. 'Guess' is a rather casual word that we often use interchangeably with words like 'hunch,' or 'notion,' or 'feeling.'
    There's a "not" missing from my sentence. Guess is not a bad word. There are educated guesses and then there's flips of the coin guesses and something in between.

    I think scientists would normally ditch 'educated guess' for 'hypothesis,' which is more neatly defined.
    Explain how combining observations and facts to construct the theory of evolution which explains that life all originates from one source doesn't involve guess work. They took a puzzle with tons of pieces missing and put forth an explanation to explain the bits that they do know. We know evolution happens. Do we know everything about why, how, when, at what pace, origins??? No we do not. The explanation is a best guess on how to explain what we have observed thus it is a THEORY.

  2. #82
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Read the article, a theory is not a guess

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Explain how combining observations and facts to construct the theory of evolution which explains that life all originates from one source doesn't involve guess work. They took a puzzle with tons of pieces missing and put forth an explanation to explain the bits that they do know. We know evolution happens. Do we know everything about why, how, when, at what pace, origins??? No we do not. The explanation is a best guess on how to explain what we have observed thus it is a THEORY.
    It seems to me that you have admitted that evolution is a fact by saying, "evolution happens." But because we don't know all the details of how it happens, of how it happens exactly, it remains a "theory."

    That's not what "theory" means. You can infer a fact, without having to know all the facts. Wouldn't you agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Read the article, a theory is not a guess

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    It seems to me that you have admitted that evolution is a fact by saying, "evolution happens." But because we don't know all the details of how it happens, of how it happens exactly, it remains a "theory."

    That's not what "theory" means. You can infer a fact, without having to know all the facts. Wouldn't you agree?
    No. Evolution happens. It is an observable fact. However Evolution and the Theory of Evolution are not one in the same and shouldn't really be used interchangeably as so many do.

    Look at this way: Is it possible for evolution to occur, observable evolution backed up by fossil records & DNA, without every single life form stemming from a single shared ancestor?

    Absolutely which is why THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION is a theory. They've looked at all the observable evolution and decided to expand on that and theorize that all life is ultimately derived from 1 single source.

    But, it could also easily be that the explanation given in the theory of evolution is rot. That evolution happens but not in a tree or bush like fashion all going back to one single point.

    Evolution = fact. Theory of Evolution = theory.

    You can look at all the evidence and guess or infer if you prefer the explanation for a single source of all life. But it's not known. It's not an observable fact. Evolution however is an observable factual occurrence.
    Last edited by talloulou; 04-19-09 at 11:55 PM.

  4. #84
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Read the article, a theory is not a guess

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    No. Evolution happens. It is an observable fact. However Evolution and the Theory of Evolution are not one in the same and shouldn't really be used interchangeably as so many do.

    Look at this way: Is it possible for evolution to occur, observable evolution backed up by fossil records & DNA, without every single life form stemming from a single shared ancestor?

    Absolutely which is why THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION is a theory. They've looked at all the observable evolution and decided to expand on that and theorize that all life is ultimately derived from 1 single source.

    But, it could also easily be that the explanation given in the theory of evolution is rot. That evolution happens but not in a tree or bush like fashion all going back to one single point.

    Evolution = fact. Theory of Evolution = theory.

    You can look at all the evidence and guess or infer if you prefer the explanation for a single source of all life. But it's not known. It's not an observable fact. Evolution however is an observable factual occurrence.
    I see. I think I know where you're coming from. I kind of encountered this while I was still getting my Psych BA.

    While we know that evolution has happened, is happening, there are different theories where people disagree on exactly how it happens, or happened. In psychology, there are competing theorists that argue different ways of how humans have evolved, which explains certain psychological phenomena. There are those who emphasize bipedalism and argue that it contributed sexual dimorphism, and then they "theorize" about how that translate into modern behavior of caretaker and protector. The specifics seem more disputable and open for debate (which makes it feel more like "theory" than "fact"), while evolution itself is not.

    Is this what you're trying to get at?
    Last edited by Lightdemon; 04-20-09 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Here's an example. Let's say that you believe in evolution so far as you accept the premise that all dog breeds stem from a single canine source before they branched off into different dog breeds. That's observable and there is plenty to back up that assertion. If you accept that you accept evolution. However take it a step further and claim that you share a common ancestor with your dog. Now even someone who accepts that evolution occurs may not accept that they share a common ancestor with their dog. That would be believing in evolution but not buying the theory of evolution in its entirety.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Read the article, a theory is not a guess

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Where can I go to see the specific and accurate tree drawing? .

    You want the tree? Here we go:



    http://weburbanist.com/wp-content/up...ek_tech_1a.jpg

    AND THAT MUST BE THE COMMON ANSESTOR:

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yDV7sDnXCA..._telephone.jpg


    That is so simple. No complicated twists are needed to demonstrate how dubious is the mental state of evolutionists. Would anybody who have a healthy mentality be able to suggest that my Blackberry is the result of natural evolution of the Rikstelefone, that Rikstelefone eventually turned into Blackberry BY ITSELF? The only difference between mentally impaired suggestions of evolutionists looking at fossils of apes and an imbecile making exactly the same suggestion about the LOOK of the phones is that the phones do really exist while fossils don’t even exist.

    http://www.tofslie.com/files/evolution_apple.jpg


    It is not like I expect any reasonable dialog with people who have menatlity of evolutionists, I rather expect to demonstrate their mentality again.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    I believe that evolution occurs. As far as I'm concerned if someone denies evolution they're a tard. .
    The key word is “believe”. So those who have different beliefs must be tards? So Nobel prize-winner Dr. Richard Smalley is a tard?


    Nobel prize-winner Dr. Richard Smalley Professor of Chemistry and a Professor of Physics and Astronomy had this to say: "Evolution has just been dealt its death blow. After reading Origins of Life, with my background in chemistry and physics, it is clear evolution could not have occurred."
    “The burden of proof is on those who don't believe that "'Genesis' was right, and there was a creation, and that Creator is still involved. ‘’



    Richard Smalley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Please link me to one justone Nobel Prize winner in physics who would say something like : After reading Origins of Life, with my background in chemistry and physics, it is clear evolution have occurred."


    Dr. Robert Gange is a research scientist (cryophisics), engineer, and adjunct professor the David Sarnoff Research Center in Princeton. He just so happened to write a pro-creation book entitled, "Origins and Destiny". Aside from the book itself, the back cover has this interesting endorsement from the late mathematician, physicist, and Nobel Laureate Eugene P. Wigner (1963, physics):

    "I was particularly pleased with Dr. Gange's refusal of the idea of materialism, and the convincing arguments supporting that refusal. In fact, the book will be a welcome response to materialism. Good luck, for a good book!"

    (Origins and Destiny - A Scientist Examines God's Handiwork - by Dr. Robert Gange)

    Please link me to one justone Nobel Prize winner in physics who has endorsed one justone pro-evolution book.


    Charles Hard Townes, winner of a Nobel Prize in Physics and a UC Berkeley professor makes the following interesting argument:

    "Intelligent design, as one sees it from a scientific point of view, seems to be quite real.”

    Nobel Prize winner Charles Townes on evolution and "intelligent design"

    Please link me to one justone Nobel Prize winner who finds evolution real from a scientific point of view?


    In a short search I have found the 3 who has expressed their personal beliefs and the base of their beliefs publicly.

    How many Nobel Prize winners have expressed their personal beliefs in the same way as the 3 physicists above?

    How many Nobel Prize winners in Physics have made a pro-evolution statement? How many Nobel Prize winners have made a pro-evolution statement? How many Nobel Prize winners in Physics have made a pro-evolution statement?




    Nobel prize-winner Dr. Richard Smalley, Nobel Laureate Eugene P. Wigner, Charles Hard Townes, winner of a Nobel Prize in Physics are tards in your view?

    How anybody in the right mind can argue to an evolutionist after that? Sure they are tards and I am a tard, I wonder what do you base your personal belief on, we do on our background in chemistry and physics, - what is your base? Explain to me where do your beliefs stem from? Step by step – what have made a fanatic of evolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Theory of Evolution = theory. .
    Theory of evolution does not exist. These are theories:


    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Theory-Machines-Mechanisms-John-Uicker/dp/019515598X"]Amazon.com: Theory of Machines and Mechanisms: John J. Uicker, Gordon R. Pennock, the late Joseph E. Shigley: Books[/ame]

    Presents the basic mathematical theory of machines.
    "The theory of machines and mechanisms is an applied science that is used to understand the relationships between the geometry and motions of the parts..."

    Basic Electric Circuit Theory

    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Theory-Wing-Sections-Including-Summary/dp/0486605868/ref=pd_sim_b_1]Amazon.com: Theory of Wing Sections: Including a Summary of Airfoil Data (Dover Books on Physics): Ira H. Abbott, A. E. von Doenhoff: Books[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Theoretical-Hydrodynamics-L-M-Milne-Thomson/dp/0486689700/ref=pd_sim_b_5]Amazon.com: Theoretical Hydrodynamics: L. M. Milne-Thomson: Books[/ame]



    Schaums Outline of Theory and Problems of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics specs
    SpringerLink - Journal Article

    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Statistical-Thermodynamics-Erwin-Schrodinger/dp/0486661016"]Amazon.com: Statistical Thermodynamics: Erwin Schrodinger: Books[/ame]

    Theory is an apparatus of a certain part of science, where all physical laws and results of experiments related to a certain group of observed phenomena are generalized and unified AND SIMPLYFIED by means of mathematics and geometry.

    When Evolution completely lacks mathematics, when evolutionists do not even understand the simplest question related to mathematics, when Evolution was founded by an individual who couldn’t pass an entrance exam to a basic mathematics class, - evolutionists still dare to call millions of pages of total delirium a theory ????? - evolution should be banned in schools for degrading science and ruining lives.

    The key word is always, - do you believe, BELIVE. Evolution, like intelligent design are systems of personal beliefs based on empirical evidence and logic, they have nothing to do to science. Science is an empirical experimental activity. The key word of science is experiment. Not evidence, but experiment.



    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Evolution however is an observable factual occurrence.

    Observed Instances of Speciation
    by Joseph Boxhorn
    Copyright © 1993-2004
    [Last Update: September 1, 1995]



    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation]Speciation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new biological species arise. There are four modes of natural speciation, based on the extent to which speciating populations are geographically isolated from one another: allopatric, peripatric, parapatric, and sympatric. Speciation may also be induced artificially, through animal husbandry or laboratory experiments. Observed examples of each kind of speciation are provided throughout.[1]


    Can you link me to one justone peer reviewed publication which demonstrates one justone observable factual occurrence of a NEW biological species arisal? One justone reference in the whole history of thousands experiments and observations? Not 2 not 3 not many, but one justone? One justone Observed example of speciation of whatever kind?
    Last edited by justone; 04-20-09 at 12:33 AM.

  8. #88
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Read the article, a theory is not a guess

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    You want the tree? Here we go:



    http://weburbanist.com/wp-content/up...ek_tech_1a.jpg

    AND THAT MUST BE THE COMMON ANSESTOR:

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yDV7sDnXCA..._telephone.jpg


    That is so simple. No complicated twists are needed to demonstrate how dubious is the mental state of evolutionists. Would anybody who have a healthy mentality be able to suggest that my Blackberry is the result of natural evolution of the Rikstelefone, that Rikstelefone eventually turned into Blackberry BY ITSELF? The only difference between mentally impaired suggestions of evolutionists looking at fossils of apes and an imbecile making exactly the same suggestion about the LOOK of the phones is that the phones do really exist while fossils don’t even exist.

    http://www.tofslie.com/files/evolution_apple.jpg


    It is not like I expect any reasonable dialog with people who have menatlity of evolutionists, I rather expect to demonstrate their mentality again.
    Your English has improved since the last time I encountered you in a thread. Your ignorance of how evolution works hasn't improved however.

    One thing at a time, I s'pose.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Read the article, a theory is not a guess

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Your English has improved since the last time I encountered you in a thread.
    It is a lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Your ignorance of how evolution works hasn't improved however.

    One thing at a time, I s'pose.
    Thank you for the demonstration of the fact that evolutionists are capable only of personal attacks and attempts to insults. For me it is like pulling a trigger and counting the birds falling. With one pull of the trigger - Lightdemon, - one...

  10. #90
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Read the article, a theory is not a guess

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    It is a lie.
    Don't discount yourself now...Even a ridiculously small improvement is an improvement.

    Thank you for the demonstration of the fact that evolutionists are capable only of personal attacks and attempts to insults. For me it is like pulling a trigger and counting the birds falling. With one pull of the trigger - Lightdemon, - one...
    Silly boy, no one is taking you serious because you still haven't figure out how science works.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •