View Poll Results: Did we evolve from Apes?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we evolved from Apes.

    71 53.38%
  • No, we have not evolved in any shape or form, we are the same biological beings we have always been.

    26 19.55%
  • Yes, we did evolve, but i do not think we evolved from Apes.

    36 27.07%
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 517

Thread: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    See, this is just another example of your own inability to comprehend the English language. Please show me one instance where I have stated I do not believe in evolution.

    In fact, only a total retard would have missed the numerous times that I mentioned that I personally believe in evolution.

    And guess what?

    You missed it.

    Repeatedly.

    You know what that means, right?
    Yes, it means you're writing style is so awful no one who can read english bothers to read your whole posts.

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    Many of them, including your Christian girlfriend with PhD in biology, say that evolution is governed by God, how your statement is more scientific than theirs? Letís say yours is true Ė what difference does it make for science? Letís say theirs is true Ė what difference does it make for science?
    Then she should turn her PhD in. The theory of evolution is quite clear that there's no need for imaginary sky pixies "designing" things to explain the diversity of life on this planet.

    Not to mention the fact that there's not a shred of evidence the the ISPs exist.

  3. #463
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yes, it means you're writing style is so awful no one who can read english bothers to read your whole posts.
    Really? Don't two or three other posters in this very thread point out your flawed reading comprehension skills?

    I'd say that the empirical evidence suggests that you need to look inward to solve the problem instead of projecting your own intellectual failings on others.

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Really? Don't two or three other posters in this very thread point out your flawed reading comprehension skills?

    I'd say that the empirical evidence suggests that you need to look inward to solve the problem instead of projecting your own intellectual failings on others.
    I see you are still afraid to post your concept of the origin of species.

  5. #465
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I see you are still afraid to post your concept of the origin of species.
    What do you mean exactly?

  6. #466
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What do you mean exactly?
    I see you are still afraid to post your concept of the origin of species.

  7. #467
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I see you are still afraid to post your concept of the origin of species.
    More empirical evidence of your inability to comprehend English.

    What part of "I believe in Evolution" led you to the conclusion that I am fearful of saying that I believe in evolution?

  8. #468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    More empirical evidence of your inability to comprehend English.
    I comprehend English just fine.

    I posted exactly what I meant, you asked what exactly did I mean, so I posted exactly what I meant. Because I did it right the first time, naturally the second time was identical to the first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What part of "I believe in Evolution" led you to the conclusion that I am fearful of saying that I believe in evolution?
    You haven't said what it is you believe in. do you believe in Evolution by ISP, or the theory of evolution by natural selection, which has a scientific and empirical basis?

    I kinda figure you're a Sky Pixie kinda of guy.

  9. #469
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You haven't said what it is you believe in. do you believe in Evolution by ISP, or the theory of evolution by natural selection, which has a scientific and empirical basis?

    I kinda figure you're a Sky Pixie kinda of guy.
    LOL. Remember when I quoted myself where I said I believe in evolution. I purposly left out a portion of that quote just to show that you indeed fail at reading comprehension.

    Allow me, now, to post the full paragraph where the quote came form:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What you have primarily failed to comprehend, even though it's been stated repeatedly, is that I don't deny evolution. I believe some form of evolution occurred. Since I'm an atheist, I am not trying to promote "god" induced form of evolution like intelligent design either.
    Of course, this wasn't the only time I stated as much in this thread, just a case where I stated it directly to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I comprehend English just fine.
    Again, the empirical evidence strongly suggests otherwise.


  10. #470
    Royal Pain
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    06-06-11 @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,595

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Some people persist in seeing chance where there is purpose; futility where there is hope, emptiness where there is meaning.
    What does this have to do with what I posted? You're talking about people as deluded as the people I was talking about, but they aren't deluded about the same thing... I'm referring to people who see things that are not there, you're referring to people who don't see things that are there. We're clearly not talking about the same thing. What purpose, hope, and meaning are you referring to? In the grand sense, perhaps? My mind would love to see some of that, but my brain isn't having it, because there is no such thing. I'd appreciate it if you'd directly address the points at hand, that is, if you can.


    The short answer is yes; the explanation would take a lot of talking and probably be beyond the scope of this thread. I'm not sure you'd be intrested in an extended theological dissertation on "why do bad things happen to good people" or some such.
    I assure you I'm very interested... What kind of god creates a species of intelligent creatures that saw the heads off each others children?
    Regardless... By the "Biblical god," do you mean a omnipotent, omnipresent god as well?



    My prayers get answered. I'm not saying I hear voices, I'm saying things happen...often in ways that are too poetically appropriate to possibly be random chance.
    How can you claim that chance can't account for whatever supposedly unlikely things happened? The most absurdly unlikely things happen all the time... Thus is the scope of probability

    I've seen lives changed by faith; I've seen people who were so far down the road to self-destruction that everyone else had given up on them, be brought back from that brink by faith, and live a completely changed life thereafter.
    As have I... To me, this is one of the (very few) saving graces of religion. When the day comes where the number of lives improved by religion is higher than the number destroyed or otherwise maligned, I'll give it another look. Until then.

    Yes, religion can improve lives; churches provide social situations where people can get help and have ways to help themselves. Look at the placebo effect for an example: the power of thought is enormous, the power of positive thinking, having faith in a thing, person, or one's self can cause many change. Giving people who can't think wholly independently a set of rules to follow can also cause improvements. I challenge you to claim that any sort of higher power is responsible for the myriad of psychological and psychosocial effects of religion and religious communities... There is nothing that can't be explained by cause and effect and psychological analysis going on here. Anyway, that's my position, feel free to ask for any sort of explication or elaboration.


    Duke
    The big majority of Americans, who are comparatively well off, have developed an ability to have enclaves of people living in the greatest misery without almost noticing them.
    -- Gunnar Myrdal


    The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
    -- Henry Kissinger


    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
    account be allowed to do the job.
    -- Douglas Adams

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •