View Poll Results: Did we evolve from Apes?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we evolved from Apes.

    71 53.38%
  • No, we have not evolved in any shape or form, we are the same biological beings we have always been.

    26 19.55%
  • Yes, we did evolve, but i do not think we evolved from Apes.

    36 27.07%
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 517

Thread: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

  1. #431
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Why would I repeat myself simply because you are an idiot?
    Moderator's Warning:
    Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes? This is not appropriate for the upstairs
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  2. #432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I break so feew rules that occasionally it's worth it to call someone what they are.



    Again, why would I repeat myself?
    Becuase when you're posting on a second forum you sometimes have to say what you said on the first one to show it to someone else?

    Or, you can assume that hyper-intelligent persons such as myself don't waste their time wading through pseudo-scientific babble to see where your point is, since people posting such pseudo-scientific babble strongly resemble the people living in Nilsson's Land of Point, before Oblio came back from the Pointless Forest.

    What you're really saying is you're afraid to concisely state your position because we'll laugh, aren't you? Well, if you are, you're right about that, anyway.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 05-08-09 at 03:26 PM.

  3. #433
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Becuase when you're posting on a second forum you sometimes have to say what you said on the first one to show it to someone else?

    Or, you can assume that hyper-intelligent persons such as myself don't waste their time wading through pseudo-scientific babble to see where your point is, since people posting such pseudo-scientific babble strongly resemble the people living in Nielson's Land of Point, before Oblio came back from the Pointless Forest.

    What you're really saying is you're afraid to concisely state your position because we'll laugh, aren't you? Well, if you are, you're right about that, anyway.
    How 'bout this: Why don't you take an educated guess at what my views are? Show off that hyper-intelligence.

  4. #434
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    How 'bout this: Why don't you take an educated guess at what my views are? Show off that hyper-intelligence.
    Let me guess....you're too embarassed about what you believe to tell us what you believe?

  5. #435
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Let me guess....you're too embarassed about what you believe to tell us what you believe?
    I've already stated what I believe in this thread numerous times.

    Like I said, I'm not repeating myself.

    Are you afraid to post an educated guess at what my views are for some reason?

    You are sure that you'll laugh at them or that I'll be embarrassed, so that means you must have some theory as to what my beliefs are.

    It won't kill you to share that theory. Worst case scenario is that you got it wrong. Big whoop.

    If you actually get it right, I'll freely admit that you did get it right.

  6. #436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I've already stated what I believe in this thread numerous times.

    Like I said, I'm not repeating myself.
    If you've stated it numerous times, you've already repeated yourself, so one more time, in a concise post instead of those phone books you and justone have been posting, should do the trick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Are you afraid to post an educated guess at what my views are for some reason?
    If I put words in your mouth I'd have to be close enough to you to smell your breath.

    So how about if you tell us, instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You are sure that you'll laugh at them or that I'll be embarrassed, so that means you must have some theory as to what my beliefs are.
    No. A "theory" is a specificly formatted statement of formal scientific reasoning. I have a hypothesis. I'll not state it, for the reason I provided.

    There's no need to do so anyway. You've already rejected the scientifically validated theory, so whatever it is you claim, you're wrong. So how about giving us a laugh?

  7. #437
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    If you've stated it numerous times, you've already repeated yourself, so one more time, in a concise post instead of those phone books you and justone have been posting, should do the trick.



    If I put words in your mouth I'd have to be close enough to you to smell your breath.

    So how about if you tell us, instead?



    No. A "theory" is a specificly formatted statement of formal scientific reasoning. I have a hypothesis. I'll not state it, for the reason I provided.

    There's no need to do so anyway. You've already rejected the scientifically validated theory, so whatever it is you claim, you're wrong. So how about giving us a laugh?
    Amazingly, you haven't responded to a single post of mine where you haven't put words in my mouth due to the fact that you haven't comprehended what I've written. You have yet to address a single point of mine, but that's irrelevant to this point.

    I'm not asking you to put words in my mouth. To do that you would have to say "You said __________". I'm asking you for your heretofore unstated beliefs. For a refresher on how this would look: "I believe that you bleive _______________". You would fill in the blanks with your theory (see definitions 2 and 6b).

    As any idiot can see that you wouldn't be putting words in my mouth by stating your beliefs. Obviously you would just be stating your beliefs of my beliefs.

    Sometimes it is better to educate by using an example, so allow me share MY theory of why you don't post your theory:

    I believe that you are afraid that you might have to admit to an error. I think that you are afraid because that would show that maybe, just maybe, you have not understood any of my points. In your mind, this will make you weaker. But if I tell you my beliefs, and it turns out that your speculations were wrong, you can still have the out where you pretend that you thought that all along.


    I feel that all the empirical data suggest that I am correct. You are dodging around more than an alter-boy trapped in a rectory, and the only logical conclusion I can draw from that is, like the alter-boy, you are fearful.



    Now, what you can do to prove me wrong on my speculation above is easy. It should take no real effort at all. Just post what you think my beliefs are. It'll prove that you aren't afraid to be wrong.

    Further avoidance of this request will only provide supporting evidence that I am indeed correct in my assessment of your fear.

    I, on the other hand, have already shared my beliefs. Obviously that disproves your open speculation that I would be embarrased by my views. Obviously, if that were the case, they wouldn't be posted for all to see.

    Clearly I am NOT fearful. The reasoning behind my refusal is quite simple. I know your bull**** game, and I'm not going to play it. We're playing my game or not at all.

    P.S. You see what I did there? I posted my opinion of something and not once did I put words in your mouth! Ain't English grand?


    P.P.S. I'm fairly certain that you won't take up the challenge. I'm also certain that you'll deny my speculation without taking the very simple step necessary to unequivocally prove me wrong. I'm putting myself out there for a reason. I'm not afraid to be wrong. In fact, I can tell you quite truly that I hope that I am wrong and that you will post your speculations about my views. That you can put yourself out there and risk being wrong about something. Sadly, I doubt that will be the case. But hey, I got no problems being wrong.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 05-08-09 at 06:01 PM.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Amazingly, you haven't responded to a single post of mine where you haven't put words in my mouth due to the fact that you haven't comprehended what I've written. You have yet to address a single point of mine, but that's irrelevant to this point.
    Actually, I've refused to put words in your mouth.

    I've repeatedly asked you to state your position.

    You've repeatedly refused.

    I've scanned the rest of your post, you've failed, again, to post your views on what you believe causes speciation.

    You've posted a lot of irrelevant gobbledy-gook, but you've not made a plain statement of belief.

  9. #439
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Actually, it was the environment. Ain't no chimps living on the savannah. They went extinct in those areas. So it wasn't interspecies competition, it was merely environmental pressures culling out those least fit to survive.
    Since when was that the argument? Go back to the claim, that Southern Democrat made.

    The competition started in the JUNGLE. The humans could not compete, therefore MOVED to the SAVANNAH. There was no claim that the monkeys followed them.

    If your reading comprehension hasn't failed you again, follow the logic. If the humans are now in a different environment BECAUSE of competition, BECAUSE they lost, then they are forced to adapt.

    In other words, environmental pressures forced the species to compete, and therefore the catalyst for change is not environment, but competition.

    It's always needed.
    Suit yourself. The moment you realize you are wrong, the dumber you will look.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  10. #440
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Since when was that the argument? Go back to the claim, that Southern Democrat made.

    The competition started in the JUNGLE. The humans could not compete, therefore MOVED to the SAVANNAH. There was no claim that the monkeys followed them.
    You must have missed the part where I pointed out that the savannah left the chimps, the chimps didn't leave the savannah.

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •