View Poll Results: Did we evolve from Apes?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we evolved from Apes.

    71 53.38%
  • No, we have not evolved in any shape or form, we are the same biological beings we have always been.

    26 19.55%
  • Yes, we did evolve, but i do not think we evolved from Apes.

    36 27.07%
Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 517

Thread: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Throw a group of humans out into the tropical forests with no clothes, no tools, and let them compete against those apes and see which ones will need "improvement".
    It'll be the chimps. We can make tools from rocks, and use those tools to make spears and arrows that'll put the chimps out of business.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    4. The level of intelligence possessed by the great apes is an impediment to domestication. Making them pets would be more akin to enslavement than anything else.
    No, that's ridiculous. The reason we don't domesticate apes is because too many of us have seen the Planet of the Apes movies.

    Kidding aside, apes have too many dominance issues, don't have traits we find suitable or desirable enough to domesticate for, and are otherwise economically non-viable.

    Dogs were domesticated because wolves are natural pack animals and people found they could usurp the role of pack leader with ease, and dogs could be trained for useful hunting and guard dog tasks with ease, and they also made a convenient spare meat supply when the hunting got difficult.

  2. #372
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,420

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    It'll be the chimps. We can make tools from rocks, and use those tools to make spears and arrows that'll put the chimps out of business.
    There is a reason why we left the jungle for the savanna in the first place. Their ancestors out competed our ancestors.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #373
    That European Guy
    GarzaUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    GarzaUK, I don’t have time these days to answer to all this long ….. of yours. I still have Ikari in the line. I will try to get to main points which may be interesting for Tucker and IC, but as far as to the time I have today, please, please, try to understand and answer the simple question – you know the procedure, please follow it, please –

    How do you and the authors of your bogus article know that S. squalidus and S. vulgaris are parents of York Radiate?
    I understand justone, take your time.

    To you last question, it is simple. Half of York radiate's genomes is S. squalidus, the other half is S. vulgaris. York Radiates genome is a combination of the two parent species genomes.
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." ~ Isaac Asimov

  4. #374
    That European Guy
    GarzaUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    There is a reason why we left the jungle for the savanna in the first place. Their ancestors out competed our ancestors.

    Maybe. Maybe not. Total speculation I'm afraid. Although you would be correct in saying the forests in Africa shrank during the start of man's evolutionary history.

    A fun fact though, maybe Europeans would recognise this better than Americans (you weather is better than ours), but what we consider room temperature, the heat we are at most comfortable is the average heat of the savanna. It is the reason why Northern Europeans seek out warmer weather during the summer. No matter what the weather we always seek out a temperature of at least 23C.
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." ~ Isaac Asimov

  5. #375
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    There is a reason why we left the jungle for the savanna in the first place. Their ancestors out competed our ancestors.
    Not to mention this:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AZn5nWIj_g"]YouTube - Monkey taunts tigers[/ame]

    How many humans do you know that can pull that off?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #376
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by GarzaUK View Post
    I understand justone, take your time.

    To you last question, it is simple. Half of York radiate's genomes is S. squalidus, the other half is S. vulgaris. York Radiates genome is a combination of the two parent species genomes.
    Please, please, can you answer the question? Please provide a link to a peer reviewed publication stating what you are stating.

    Please understand if you say A cannot mate with his parents B and C I want some proof that B and C are the parents.

    And yes it would take a tremendous amount of time i don't have on hand to go through each and every line of BS you posted, at this moment i am taking my time to see how I can do it in the most efficient way - either to go through all of it or just hit the nerves.


    I mean common, are you really a biologist ? You what... dissect A and see … genome... and then dissect B and C ... and see thier genomes... and compare?
    Last edited by justone; 05-05-09 at 11:35 PM.

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    There is a reason why we left the jungle for the savanna in the first place. Their ancestors out competed our ancestors.
    A more practical explanation is that their ancestors lived where the jungle didn't dry up, ours saw the trees leave. Nothing to do with "competition", merely geography.

  8. #378
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    A more practical explanation is that their ancestors lived where the jungle didn't dry up, ours saw the trees leave. Nothing to do with "competition", merely geography.
    Jungles drying up take thousands of years with the absence of mass deforestation. Which means that those living in the jungles slowly adapt with the changing landscape. By extension, they should have stayed in their initial/natural habitat because the lack of a catalyst.

    A reasonable hypothesis is that they were influenced by outside forces (competition), and not just environmental.

    If we go with your reasoning, why didn't our ancestors follow the jungle when it started to shrink? Could it be that when it became smaller, that they were forced to compete with the land? If they competed for this land, who did they compete with?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    Jungles drying up take thousands of years with the absence of mass deforestation. Which means that those living in the jungles slowly adapt with the changing landscape. By extension, they should have stayed in their initial/natural habitat because the lack of a catalyst.

    A reasonable hypothesis is that they were influenced by outside forces (competition), and not just environmental.

    If we go with your reasoning, why didn't our ancestors follow the jungle when it started to shrink? Could it be that when it became smaller, that they were forced to compete with the land? If they competed for this land, who did they compete with?
    Because our ancestors were just dumb monkeys and weren't capable of the complex reasoning you're presuming they did, and because the process took thousands of years, they didn't know the grass was greener in the other valley.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 05-06-09 at 04:33 PM.

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    I think I should give GarzaUK a day or so before I conclude that he, again cannot answer a simple question, but rather has “taken on 2 weeks vacation” in order then to pop out on another thread with pure defamation and insults under the umbrella provided to such actions of fanatical evolutionists and liberals by moderators.

    So while I have some time I will answer the second post I left unanswered when I stopped to make sure that everyone sees that the main business of evolutionists is cheat and lying and deceiving.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    What about gravity necessitates a god?
    What about gravity necessitates evolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    It shows the change of species on the earth over time.
    What fossils have to do when changes have been observed all the time no fossils needed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    Hmm...I think this is rather contrived and hokey.
    Hmm... Blip. Hmm...Blip. You think so because God tells you so? Or you have any arguments to put up besides your decision to start imitating Tussah’s sophisticated vocabulary instead of making things clear and simple?

    Try again:

    Infinity includes all centimeters and cubic centimeters and all other possible numbers, including … ok I will skip complication… everything. All your measurements are just particular cases of infinity.

    True or false?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    God is everything and measurements are part of everything.
    Says who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    Not really anything useful in any of this.
    Any of what? Decides who? Common, try to make an argument, an objection or agreement.

    Try again:
    Infinity includes all centimeters and cubic centimeters and all other possible numbers, including … ok I will skip complication… everything. All your measurements are just particular cases of infinity.


    True or false?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    It's a well defined quantum.
    .

    I understand you are just trying to use Tashah’s sophisticated vocabulary in order to bring in vagueness and mystics instead of making things simple and clear, - but you are not referring to Plank’s quantum. Am I correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    There is an uncertainty rule with energy and time, energy conservation can most certainly be violated for brief periods of time. Without this ability, vacuum fluctuations could not occur, and if vacuum fluctuations could not occur, there would be no Lamb shift. But there is, we've measured it.
    It is exactly up side down. You are confusing a cause with an effect. Lamb shift was observed. In order to ‘’explain ‘’ and insert the explanation in the model the mathematical abstract of vacuum fluctuations was suggested, as well as the abstract possibility of breaking energy conservation for a moment was. You can use Lamb shift for your mambo jumbo machine. It was observed in an experiment and you know how to cause it using a jumbo mambo machine as a part of your mambo jumbo machine. Think. IBM. Invent. HP.

    The energy exchange between the electron and vacuum has not been caught in any experiment, so it is of no use for you. Accepting that it occurs, THE MORE inserting that as true in another theory makes you a shore minded atheist, a blind believer, a fantast. The energy exchange between the electron and vacuum does not physically exist until you cause/observe it in experiments like your observed Lamb shift.

    ‘’energy conservation can most certainly be violated for brief periods of time’’ is exactly where scientists go completely wrong. Physical laws, observations do not matter for them any more, common sense is abolished, a religion instead is erected. Would you be able to understand what are you saying? This brief period of time would allow us sooner or later to get into it and steal energy from vacuum. Understand? As soon as we have a little gap we always will be working and be successful in squeezing something into it. The common experience tells us if it can happen it will happen and it happens. If there was such a gap in time it would be as huge as brief because both huge and brief are very relative and subjective terms. And if we can squeeze, the Mother Nature would do it with no problem. And the energy would happen to be stolen, and we would observe that and would never come up with the law of conservation in the 1st place. The total inability to draw the line between virtual reality of mathematics and the physical world we live in multiplied by a necessity to represent the virtual world as real in movies and books puts today science in the dark ages.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    So you found a quote. It doesn't prove anything.
    It is related to the above. It uses better English and better construction that I could make. Observations it refers to render it to be true.
    “Since the mathematicians have invaded the theory of relativity, I do not understand it myself anymore.” – Einstein.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    Maybe what you state there could be applicable towards theorists (and I'm not sure that would be true even given a theorists penchant for horrible math), but not towards the experimentalists.
    If theory is valid it is exactly what you use to make experiments. Otherwise you would be an alchemist or an evolutionist. You are an alchemist and not an experimentalist, because you have no rules to follow but make up your own very vague and ambiguous sentences instead of the 4 rules experimentalists has been using for centuries, starting from Newton and finishing by Einstein.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    We relate everything back to the real world, for the real world is what we deal in. Everything measured has a real result. My work is specifically with ultracold atoms and laser cooling and trapping. I have atoms, atoms tell the truth.

    It is as emotional as it is vague. You are not an experimentalist. Experimentalists have been following well defined rules for ages. You are brushing these rules away with no reason to do so, but you make trees tell the truth, atoms tell the truth, gods tell the truth. If atoms tell the truth you have to make me hear it and it has to be the same truth as you hear and everyone else hears. If atoms say that humans and apes have the same ancestor everyone should be able to hear that so nobody would argue aliens or gods.

    You either see the deviation of an instrument or not. Things either occur or they don’t. If there is no occurrence why would you be making a theory “proving” the occurrence as ‘’a fact’’?


    to be continued

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •