View Poll Results: Did we evolve from Apes?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we evolved from Apes.

    71 53.38%
  • No, we have not evolved in any shape or form, we are the same biological beings we have always been.

    26 19.55%
  • Yes, we did evolve, but i do not think we evolved from Apes.

    36 27.07%
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 517

Thread: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

  1. #301
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    It has been a hallmark of the ignorant for over 100 years to denigrate the concept of natural selecition by making fun of primates. I see some things never change.
    Have you seen the guys arguments thus far? It's a lot of ignorance being spewed. Pretty much trying to say that if we haven't seen it, it doesn't exist. We haven't observed speciation outside the laboratory, so evolution can't have happened. What non-sense. Not when there are measureables like the fossil record. I haven't personally seen an atom, but I'm pretty damned sure they exist as they've been measured. Ain't seen the Big Bang, but pretty sure all the measurables point towards one. I haven't got a jar full of quarks and leptons...but I'm gonna say they're there as we have data indicating as much. Same with evolution, there's a lot of data which points to an ever changing natural process by which the organisms living on the planet change; that's evolution. What's the alternative? God did it? People want to laugh at those who accept the fact of evolution and they propose magic and mysticism in its place. Laughable at best, sad if you really think about it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #302
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I haven't got a jar full of quarks and leptons...
    If you had a jar full of anything, wouldn't it have to be full of leptons and quarks?

  3. #303
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If you had a jar full of anything, wouldn't it have to be full of leptons and quarks?
    >.>
    <.<

    You win this time!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    It has been a hallmark of the ignorant for over 100 years to denigrate the concept of natural selecition by making fun of primates. I see some things never change.
    Over 100 years I have not seen anybody trying to denigrate the concept of natural selecition by making fun of primates. I have seen only strawmen, only strawmen, only strawmen made by blind fanatics of the religion of evolution, only strawmen and nothing else.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Have you seen the guys arguments thus far? It's a lot of ignorance being spewed. Pretty much trying to say that if we haven't seen it, it doesn't exist. We haven't observed speciation outside the laboratory, so evolution can't have happened. What non-sense. Not when there are measureables like the fossil record. I haven't personally seen an atom, but I'm pretty damned sure they exist as they've been measured. Ain't seen the Big Bang, but pretty sure all the measurables point towards one. I haven't got a jar full of quarks and leptons...but I'm gonna say they're there as we have data indicating as much. Same with evolution, there's a lot of data which points to an ever changing natural process by which the organisms living on the planet change; that's evolution. What's the alternative? God did it? People want to laugh at those who accept the fact of evolution and they propose magic and mysticism in its place. Laughable at best, sad if you really think about it.
    Only strawmen, only strawmen, only strawmen made by blind fanatics of the religion of evolution. They always prove that they cannot understand a simple question, cannot answer a simple question, cannot understand meaning of a simple sentence and always resort to insults, ad homs and primitive strawmen. Even primitive primates address a source of irritation but they wouldn't be building and attacking stawmen with meaningless agression instead . It is no surprise that evolutionists express that they would be proud to have at least abilities of a primitive primate. But their efforts to imitate at least intelligence of a primitive primate keep on rendering no sensetive result.
    Last edited by justone; 05-01-09 at 12:07 PM.

  6. #306
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    There was a whole lot of nothing in that post. I think your posts are devolving.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari
    There was a whole lot of nothing in that post. I think your posts are devolving.
    Evolutionists cannot understand meaning of a simple sentence. Strawmen, ad homs and other fallacies has to be pointed to, they are not supposed to be refuted. Any refutation of logical fallacies only causes more logical fallaces, and thus renders itself meaningless. You wouldn't address my statements and questions, would you? Never in the world you would. What then would you expect in reply except for the pointing to the fact that you have not been able to understand and less to address my statements and questions. Many people put their bets on this fact and the obvious confirmation of this fact completes the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by justone acting like Ikari
    Have you seen the guys arguments thus far? It's a lot of ignorance being spewed. Pretty much trying to say that if we haven't seen god , god doesn't exist. We haven't miracle outside the laboratory, so miracle can't have happened. What non-sense. Not when there are measureables like the Bible record. I haven't personally seen an atom, but I'm pretty damned sure they exist as they've been measured.
    Ain't seen the Big Bang, but pretty sure all the measurables point towards one. I haven't got a jar full of quarks and leptons...but I'm gonna say they're there as we have data indicating as much. Same with god, there's a lot of data which points to an ever changing process by which the organisms living on the planet change; that's work of god. What's the alternative? Nature did it by itslef? People want to laugh at those who accept the fact of god and they propose natural causes in its place. Laughable at best, sad if you really think about it.
    Last edited by justone; 05-01-09 at 12:34 PM.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    I did. You asked if we've witnessed evolution on the level of speciation, we have not directly seen that. But there is plenty of evidence in the history of the earth which points to a process by which the creatures on the planet change. Do you disagree with this? There are records via fossils and other archeological evidence which show the ever changing face of the earth's surface and the change in creatures as well. Do you disagree with this? The time scale full speciation occurs on is longer than humans have been around watching for these things, humanity has been on this planet for only a small small amount of time. But we've got plenty of evidence that shows that the system is dynamic and not static, that's the meaning of evolution. Things change and adapt, and there's lots of evidence that things have changed and adapted as things in the earth changed. Do you deny that?

    I don't need to directly observe speciation in order to figure out what is going on. Humans are great at problem solving, one of the things our brains do very well. I haven't seen many things, I can't see gravity, I can't see subatomic particles (hell even atoms), I can't see electromagnetic radiation outside the visible spectrum. I know all these things exist because there is data to back it up, so is there data to back up evolution. It's very clear that the biological world which inhabits the earth is a very dynamic system, and the changes were left as evidence for the rest of us. You can either accept that things are dynamic, or you can deny it and argue of a static universe. But things are measurably not static. So while you can deny the dynamics, the data clearly shows there to be dynamics.

    BTW, your attempt there at being like me would have more weight behind it if there were a measurement of god. Do you have such a measurement? Cause if you don't then you're just blowing smoke. Especially funny because you claim that i have to have witnessed speciation but you're absolved from witness of a god. But I guess when you make circular, emotionalized based on emotionalized religion, that's what you get. In the end, there's a choice. You can't deny the dynamics of the world without being stupid and blind and deaf and...well you'd have to be a vegitable. So the dynamics are then produced either by nature or by a god. So you're telling me that between nature and magic, that magic makes more sense. I don't buy it. I've yet to see magic be the actual answer to something, it always comes down to natural forces so far. But maybe if you go out and measure god, we'll be able to figure this one out.
    Last edited by Ikari; 05-01-09 at 12:46 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I did. You asked if we've witnessed evolution on the level of speciation, we have not directly seen that. But there is plenty of evidence in the history of the earth which points to a process by which the creatures on the planet change. Do you disagree with this? There are records via fossils and other archeological evidence which show the ever changing face of the earth's surface and the change in creatures as well.
    I don't need to directly observe God in order to figure out what is going on. Humans are great at problem solving, one of the things our brains do very well. I haven't seen many things, I can't see gravity, I can't see subatomic particles (hell even atoms), I can't see electromagnetic radiation outside the visible spectrum. I know all these things exist because there is data to back it up, so is there data to back up God. There are records via things and other evidence which show that the ever changing face of the earth's surface and the change in creatures as well are made by God.


    The Bible says: ‘’God is invisible but he can be clearly seen through the [observable] things he made.’’

    Do you disagree with this?

    Then I list some of the observed things (empirical evidence) and explain how they point to God, like you are doing, except the logic I submit has been put together and polished by the best logicians of humanity and the evidence is all around you.





    Do I disagree with your reasoning? You have your logic and I have my logic. if you wish to abandon science and step into comparission and disscussions of our personal beliefs based on logical deductions from empirical evidence, then let's do it, but 1st you have to demonstrate that you’re capable of making a statement not loaded with strawmen, insults, avoidance of the points made and other logical fallacies.
    Last edited by justone; 05-01-09 at 01:05 PM.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    I don't need to directly observe God in order to figure out what is going on. Humans are great at problem solving, one of the things our brains do very well. I haven't seen many things, I can't see gravity, I can't see subatomic particles (hell even atoms), I can't see electromagnetic radiation outside the visible spectrum. I know all these things exist because there is data to back it up, so is there data to back up God. There are records via things and other evidence which show that the ever changing face of the earth's surface and the change in creatures as well are made by God.


    The Bible says: ‘’God is invisible but he can be clearly seen through the [observable] things he made.’’

    Do you disagree with this?

    Then I list some of the observed things (empirical evidence) and explain how they point to God, like you are doing, except the logic I submit has been put together and polished by the best logicians of humanity and the evidence is all around you.





    Do I disagree with your reasoning? You have your logic and I have my logic. if you wish to abandon science and step into comparission and disscussions of our personal beliefs based on logical deductions from empirical evidence, then let's do it, but 1st you have to demonstrate that you’re capable of making a statement not loaded with strawmen, insults, avoidance of the points made and other logical fallacies.
    The whole of your posts for the most parts are exactly what you outlawed towards me, especially the insults and avoidance. There's nothing in science that will ever say gods did or did not do anything. Evolution as a theory of science poses no threat to any theory of religion, 'cept maybe young earth creationism as that's been disproved via measurement. But in terms of saying did a god start things off, or whatever you want, science will never address that. There's nothing mutually exclusive in general with evolution and creationism. Evolution merely seeks to find the natural forces behind it, if you want to say ultimately some god had set it up; go right ahead. But also, that doesn't belong in the science classroom. The science classroom is not for theological argument, it's for science. Evolution is science, and evolution is known to have happened because we have direct evidence showing the changes. Humanoid changes too from very ape-like to more modern human-like. Evolution happened, it's a simple as that. Too many measured facts to deny it. Gods never can have these forms of scientific backing because there's nothing scientific about gods. They have been defined to be immeasurable and thus science can not and will not speak of them. Science operates in the real world with measurable effects. And one measured effect is evolution.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •