View Poll Results: Did we evolve from Apes?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we evolved from Apes.

    71 53.38%
  • No, we have not evolved in any shape or form, we are the same biological beings we have always been.

    26 19.55%
  • Yes, we did evolve, but i do not think we evolved from Apes.

    36 27.07%
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 517

Thread: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

  1. #261
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by EulyssElvisCaustic View Post
    by the same logic..then...where are there apes....and people?????

    we're both still here.....

    if WE evolved from apes.....why are there still apes...????

    and where did the majic break come????
    We didn't evolve from apes, apes and humans share a common ancestor.

    The magic comes in when people invoke deities as answers. It are the gods whom are the magic answers. Evolution is a natural process, gods are magic and alchemy.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #262
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by EulyssElvisCaustic View Post
    joe astronaut landed on the moon.....when she stepped out of the landing module....she looked down and behold....there was a rolex watch laying on the moonscape......

    she picks it up....and ...damn ...its working...and the date is correct....

    ...she carries it back on board the mother ship...and askes captain kirk ...."where might this have come from?"....to which he replied....

    "well....millions and millions of years ago there was a rock...and over millions of years...it evolved................"


    now for your daily dose of reality.....humans have been at war since the beginning of time.....

    ...wheres the evoloution????????
    Idiotic stories about measured inorganic devices do not prove a point. We know what a watch is, we made them. We know they're designed because we designed them. We know they were made, because we made them. There is a large difference between organic organisms and inorganic elements. Biology is alive and can adapt.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #263
    Royal Pain
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    06-06-11 @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,595

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by EulyssElvisCaustic View Post
    by the same logic..then...where are there apes....and people?????

    we're both still here.....

    if WE evolved from apes.....why are there still apes...????

    and where did the majic break come????
    Someone else asked this same question, and I answered it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Questions such as these are demonstrative of a basic misunderstanding of the science and processes of evolution. Generally, a species does not evolve all together, in the same way, like one big happy family. A fortuitous mutation occurs, giving one organism an advantage over the rest, allowing this organism to reproduce more than others. If this happens enough times, the new strain will not be able to reproduce with the old (non-mutated) strain, and it will be considered a new species. When a new ecological niche opens, where resources are available, a species (or multiple species) often evolves to fill this niche (as an organism that is able to take advantage of these resources will be able to reproduce more, et cetera). There is still an ecological niche for apes where they exist, resources from which they can live and reproduce, therefore, there are still apes. Humans are a branch of the Greater Apes; there are other branches.
    There's no magic. Only facts and science. If you don't believe in evolution, it is you who believes in magic.


    Duke
    Last edited by Duke; 04-30-09 at 07:08 PM.
    The big majority of Americans, who are comparatively well off, have developed an ability to have enclaves of people living in the greatest misery without almost noticing them.
    -- Gunnar Myrdal


    The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
    -- Henry Kissinger


    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
    account be allowed to do the job.
    -- Douglas Adams

  4. #264
    Royal Pain
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    06-06-11 @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,595

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by EulyssElvisCaustic View Post
    joe astronaut landed on the moon.....when she stepped out of the landing module....she looked down and behold....there was a rolex watch laying on the moonscape......

    she picks it up....and ...damn ...its working...and the date is correct....

    ...she carries it back on board the mother ship...and askes captain kirk ...."where might this have come from?"....to which he replied....

    "well....millions and millions of years ago there was a rock...and over millions of years...it evolved................"


    now for your daily dose of reality.....humans have been at war since the beginning of time.....

    ...wheres the evoloution????????

    Humans at war is a lot like natural selection, a functional law, if you will, of evolution.

    Organisms reproduce, scrambling DNA; mutations add and subtract and change DNA genomes. Organisms are born, organisms die; the ones with the best DNA reproduce the most. If/when things change, organisms with mutations or differences that make them most suited to the change reproduce the most. It's so simple, some people can't understand it.


    Duke
    The big majority of Americans, who are comparatively well off, have developed an ability to have enclaves of people living in the greatest misery without almost noticing them.
    -- Gunnar Myrdal


    The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
    -- Henry Kissinger


    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
    account be allowed to do the job.
    -- Douglas Adams

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by EulyssElvisCaustic View Post
    joe astronaut landed on the moon.....when she stepped out of the landing module....she looked down and behold....there was a rolex watch laying on the moonscape......

    she picks it up....and ...damn ...its working...and the date is correct....

    ...she carries it back on board the mother ship...and askes captain kirk ...."where might this have come from?"....to which he replied....

    "well....millions and millions of years ago there was a rock...and over millions of years...it evolved................"


    now for your daily dose of reality.....humans have been at war since the beginning of time.....

    ...wheres the evoloution????????

    Nice analogy. We know for a fact that watches are made by people.

    Got any evidence at all that people are made by watches?

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yeah, fancy that.

    Humans and chimps share 98.5% of their DNA.
    Humans and chimps are morphologically similar.
    Fossil evidence linking humans with ancient ape-like species exists.
    Retrogression studies of DNA show the point of divergence between chimp and human occured roughly seven million years ago.
    The oldest fossils in the hominid line are...gee, about seven million years old.
    The fossil evidence shows irrefutable proof of evolution happening in all species.

    But some people still have to insist that humans didn't evolve.

    What's wrong with them?



    You mean like making corn out of the humble teosinte? Those kinds of "experiments"?

    Then again, of course, there's irrefutable evidence that species do evolve into other species.

    Hyracotherium, for instance, is the parent species of ...the horse, the donkey, and the zebra. This is borne out by the fossil record, and by the fact that the three species can interbreed but produce sterile offspring.
    That's because it is a fact.

    That's a strange idea for some, but many people call facts facts. Many of those people call dogmatic blindness to facts simple ignorance.
    Whatever you say you are talking to yourself, because again you are cannot understand meaning of 2 simple sentences.

    The bolded red tells exactly that all you can do is to make a strawman and base your post on a strawman. Anybody with a minimum conscience would see what I mean when I say:

    Originally Posted by justone :
    During all existence of humanity we have conducted huge, uncounted number of most extensive experiments with species but we have never observed species evolving from a common ancestor no matter to what extremes we have gone trying to make it happen.

    I am trying again, - please answer the question:

    Have we ever observed different species evolving from a common ancestor?

    Answer: Yes or No?


    I am accepting 5 separate bets (it is time to make money on scientists):

    1. Scientists will not understand the simplest question.
    2. Scientists will not be able to give the simplest answer.
    3. Scientists will cut and run
    4. Scientists will turn to meaningless personal insults

    And the highest stake is

    5. Scientists will do all the above.


    People, make your bets.

    Can mods make it a Poll?

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by EulyssElvisCaustic View Post
    joe astronaut landed on the moon.....when she stepped out of the landing module....she looked down and behold....there was a rolex watch laying on the moonscape......

    she picks it up....and ...damn ...its working...and the date is correct....

    ...she carries it back on board the mother ship...and askes captain kirk ...."where might this have come from?"....to which he replied....

    "well....millions and millions of years ago there was a rock...and over millions of years...it evolved................"


    now for your daily dose of reality.....humans have been at war since the beginning of time.....

    ...wheres the evoloution????????
    I made up my own. It is still raw… but. Let’s go sci=fi. joe astronaut from a silicon based non-organic civilization landed on the earth. (Like supercomputers have developed intelligence) joe astronaut supercomputer walk on the earth wiped by a biological disease or swine virus. He is finds the remnants of bicycles, cars, airplanes etc and comes to a logical conclusion that they have evolved from a simple non-organic form, like a needle and a staple. He looks at these fossils:
    http://www.tofslie.com/files/evolution_apple.jpg

    and draws an evolution tree starting from a basic calculator. Then he makes theories why the evolution of Apple died out and did not reach his level. Then silicon Smith Terminator #10101 redraws the tree and makes another theory. Silicon john archeologist digs out a bunch of telephones and makes a better theory. And so they go.

    The same idea – if it 2 things look similar to my eye and feelings then they have a common ancestor is entertained.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Evolution happened. If you deny evolution, then tell me where are the dinosaurs. Where were the humans? Evolution means change, it surprises me that people don't understand this. Things obviously have changed. Humans have been on this planet for only a small small fraction of its lifetime. We've seen fossil record, measured changes on a micro scale, seen the measured effects of evolution. Only the most ravenous of extremists would still deny that evolution happened at all. Sure, many dynamics are not quite known at this point; but the over all phenomenon is known to have occurred.
    As usual, we see the same meaningless foaming void of any logical construction. Evolution happened, believe or you are ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Some people choose ignorance I guess...these people wouldn't want scientists as neighbors because why would you want someone who is smart and could maybe challenge your beliefs when you can find a bunch of sheep to live with who will just nod their heads in agreement without applying any amount of rational or logical thought to a problem. They can take field trips to that creation museum where they actually have displayed humans riding dinosaurs. Ignorance I guess is bliss.
    As usual an inability of understanding 2 simple sentences is demonstrated again.


    You base your belief in evolution on logical deductions from empirical evidence (at least I hope so since you flatly refuse to demonstrate any rational). I base my beliefs on logical deductions from empirical evidence as well. I have not been even arguing so much against your rational, logical thought and evidence leading you to your belief in evolution, - why do you want me to start? Do you really believe that you are ready to challenge my logic? Why are you so aggressive? Why do you have to impose your beliefs on my children as the only right beliefs?


    I am trying again, - please answer the question:

    Have we ever observed different species evolving from a common ancestor?

    Answer: Yes or No?


    I am taking 5 separate bets- it is time to make money on scientists:

    1. Scientists will not understand the simplest question.
    2. Scientists will not be able to give the simplest answer.
    3. Scientists will cut and run
    4. Scientists will turn to meaningless personal insults

    And the highest stake is

    5. Scientists will do all the above.


    Can mods insert a Poll here or something?

  9. #269
    Royal Pain
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    06-06-11 @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,595

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    The same idea – if it 2 things look similar to my eye and feelings then they have a common ancestor is entertained.
    Such willful ignorance. Similarity in appearance in organisms was simply the clue that tipped us off that evolution happened/is happening. We looked into it, and whaddya know, proof; fossils, genetic records, et al.


    Duke
    The big majority of Americans, who are comparatively well off, have developed an ability to have enclaves of people living in the greatest misery without almost noticing them.
    -- Gunnar Myrdal


    The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
    -- Henry Kissinger


    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
    account be allowed to do the job.
    -- Douglas Adams

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: Evolution: Did we really evolve from Apes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    We looked into it, and whaddya know, proof; fossils, genetic records, et al.


    Duke
    And each time you decided:
    if these things look similar to my eye and feelings then they have a common ancestor.


    I am trying again, - please answer the question:

    Have we ever observed different species evolving from a common ancestor?

    Answer: Yes or No?


    I am taking 5 separate bets- it is time to make money on scientists:

    1. Scientists will not understand the simplest question.
    2. Scientists will not be able to give the simplest answer.
    3. Scientists will cut and run
    4. Scientists will turn to meaningless personal insults

    And the highest stake is

    5. Scientists will do all the above.

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •