View Poll Results: Do you get grief from your significant other about the time you spend on DP?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 10.53%
  • No

    17 89.47%
  • Well...(explain)

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Am I alone?

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!
    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,121
    Blog Entries
    4

    Am I alone?

    Am I the only one who hears it from their significant other that they spend too much time on this site? IMO, I don't spend nearly as much time on this site as I would like to, but my ass would be single if I spent much more than I do now here.

    Just curious...
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #2
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Am I alone?

    Happily single here, no one to answer to.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #3
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Am I alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    Am I the only one who hears it from their significant other that they spend too much time on this site? IMO, I don't spend nearly as much time on this site as I would like to, but my ass would be single if I spent much more than I do now here.

    Just curious...
    Nope. Here's the thing though. Gary is sitting rightnexttome on his computer.

    When I want his attention I just stand up and fall into his lap. When he wants mine, he stands up and pulls down his pants.

    .......buy another computer and build a long counter. It'll be fun
    Last edited by missypea; 04-17-09 at 10:02 PM.


    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Am I alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    Am I the only one who hears it from their significant other that they spend too much time on this site? IMO, I don't spend nearly as much time on this site as I would like to, but my ass would be single if I spent much more than I do now here.

    Just curious...
    Single here (Thank God!)

  5. #5
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,741

    Re: Am I alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    Am I the only one who hears it from their significant other that they spend too much time on this site? IMO, I don't spend nearly as much time on this site as I would like to, but my ass would be single if I spent much more than I do now here.

    Just curious...
    I and my wife had lives before we got married and we still have friends and hobbies that really don't involve the other.

    Typing at this web site is one of them.


    No Lives Matter

  6. #6
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Am I alone?

    Do you ignore your S.O. over this site? If so? That is a problem.

    Does your SO have things they spend time on? It is all about comprimise because if they say it is a problem? It probably is to them. It is all about finding balance.

    Since you say that you would spend even more time here if not for your SO? Maybe you really need to sit down and think about how much time you do spend here and if the time you are spending here is unhealthy to your relationship.

    Thankfully I am not in a position to where I have these worries cause most of the people in my life do not give a crap what I do anyways. Be happy you have someone that cares about you and wants to spend time with you!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Am I alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Do you ignore your S.O. over this site? If so? That is a problem.

    Does your SO have things they spend time on? It is all about comprimise because if they say it is a problem? It probably is to them. It is all about finding balance.

    Since you say that you would spend even more time here if not for your SO? Maybe you really need to sit down and think about how much time you do spend here and if the time you are spending here is unhealthy to your relationship.

    Thankfully I am not in a position to where I have these worries cause most of the people in my life do not give a crap what I do anyways. Be happy you have someone that cares about you and wants to spend time with you!
    Aww, Kali, we care.

    As for me and my SO, yeah, he used to bitch about it. I broke him of that by shutting off the computer and spending every second hanging on his every word and whim. I cuddled up all over him and laid across him and prattled on and on about nothing while petting him and tugging at him and loving all over him.

    It lasted about 4 hours and he turned the computer back on for me. It's been about two years and he looks a little nervous when he hears the laptop close suddenly.

  8. #8
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    04-19-09 @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5

    Re: Am I alone?

    Happily divorced and staying that way for the rest of my life! Mainly because that crap your asking about was true when I was married. Being on the computer period pissed off my wife. She said I didn't spend enough time with her. When I did get the full guilt trip and shut off the computer we sat in front of a tv set and didn't say a word to each other for hours, LOL. Go figure......

  9. #9
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Am I alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    Am I the only one who hears it from their significant other that they spend too much time on this site? IMO, I don't spend nearly as much time on this site as I would like to, but my ass would be single if I spent much more than I do now here.

    Just curious...
    Only if by "significant other" you mean "common sense".

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!
    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,121
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Am I alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gojo View Post
    Happily divorced and staying that way for the rest of my life! Mainly because that crap your asking about was true when I was married. Being on the computer period pissed off my wife. She said I didn't spend enough time with her. When I did get the full guilt trip and shut off the computer we sat in front of a tv set and didn't say a word to each other for hours, LOL. Go figure......
    Sounds like my situation... I love her and I would never put the PC before her, but I spend like 30 min. a day on here and even that's too much sometimes.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •