View Poll Results: Are you attending a tea party protest?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'll be protesting

    9 31.03%
  • Yes, but not to protest (explain in post, please)

    1 3.45%
  • No, not attending

    19 65.52%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 111

Thread: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

  1. #91
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-09 @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    26

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    I wasn't going to continue but considering you have handed me so much evidence to support my point, how could I resist.

    From the wikipedia entry:
    "Being poor, or even very poor, does not necessarily qualify an individual for Medicaid.[2] It is estimated that approximately 60 percent of poor Americans are not covered by Medicaid."

    According to the CMS website, "Medicaid does not provide medical assistance for all poor persons. Even under the broadest provisions of the Federal statute (except for emergency services for certain persons), the Medicaid program does not provide health care services, even for very poor persons, unless they are in one of the designated eligibility groups."

    "Typically, poor people who are HIV positive must progress to AIDS (T-cell count less than 200) before they can qualify under the "disabled" category."

    That last one is awful.

    Listen pal, I'm leaving this. Good luck.

  2. #92
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,998

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    I wasn't going to continue but considering you have handed me so much evidence to support my point, how could I resist.

    From the wikipedia entry:
    "Being poor, or even very poor, does not necessarily qualify an individual for Medicaid.[2] It is estimated that approximately 60 percent of poor Americans are not covered by Medicaid."

    According to the CMS website, "Medicaid does not provide medical assistance for all poor persons. Even under the broadest provisions of the Federal statute (except for emergency services for certain persons), the Medicaid program does not provide health care services, even for very poor persons, unless they are in one of the designated eligibility groups."

    "Typically, poor people who are HIV positive must progress to AIDS (T-cell count less than 200) before they can qualify under the "disabled" category."

    That last one is awful.

    Listen pal, I'm leaving this. Good luck.


    What is "schip" and who was it recently exanded to?



    Bye, don't let the door hit ya.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  3. #93
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-09 @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    26

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    "Bye, don't let the door hit ya."

    How old are you?
    I disagree with you but I have shown you respect.
    Grow up.

  4. #94
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,998

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    "Bye, don't let the door hit ya."

    How old are you?
    I disagree with you but I have shown you respect.
    Grow up.



    You did?


    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    I sincerely hope this guy dosen't represent the quality of debate on these forums.


    This was "Respectful"?




    Now you already stated you were taking your ball and going home, Why are you still here?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #95
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-09 @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    26

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    "Now you already stated you were taking your ball and going home, Why are you still here?"

    As I said, grow up.

  6. #96
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,998

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    "Now you already stated you were taking your ball and going home, Why are you still here?"

    As I said, grow up.



    You got what you gave, don't cry about it now.



    Since you ain't leaving as promised. Tell me what do you think about the tax day protests we had here. You know the topic of this thread.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  7. #97
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,688

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You got what you gave, don't cry about it now.



    Since you ain't leaving as promised. Tell me what do you think about the tax day protests we had here. You know the topic of this thread.
    So now you are interested in the topic of the thread?

    You responded to his post that wasn't even directed at you. And how did you respond? Oh yeah, laughing about dead Parisians. At least those people didn't die in vain. They have been memorialized by helping you troll a dead thread.

    Why do you feel the need to bully and run new members out of here?

    Do you care about this forum?

    Is it overpopulated and you are doing us a service?

    So he believes in socialism. A lot of people do. It doesn't give you a license to act like a jerk to people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  8. #98
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,998

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    So now you are interested in the topic of the thread?
    I wasn't the one who derailed it with an off topic post about America bad socialist europe good.

    You responded to his post that wasn't even directed at you. And how did you respond? Oh yeah, laughing about dead Parisians. At least those people didn't die in vain. They have been memorialized by helping you troll a dead thread.
    Lie #1, I was laughing at the notion of the european socialist utopia.


    The thread was on "new posts", I did not troll, and responded to a post in a public forum, Lie #2



    Why do you feel the need to bully and run new members out of here?
    Lie #3

    I do no such thing.


    Do you care about this forum?
    Inapropriate trolling.


    Is it overpopulated and you are doing us a service?
    inapropriate trolling


    So he believes in socialism. A lot of people do. It doesn't give you a license to act like a jerk to people.

    But his license to be a jerk is ok to you? Selectivity noted.




    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    I sincerely hope this guy dosen't represent the quality of debate on these forums.


    Post #83. He attacked me. He got what he gave. He resurected this thread, completley off topic I might ad and he was a jerk to me.


    BTW, Are you attacking me as a poster, or are you attaking me as a mod?


    Furthermore, who have I ever tried to run off. You sir, are lying.


    Fact. He was a jerk to me, I treated him exactly how he treated me.


    Your selective outrage is duly noted, the appropriate respose is to apologize
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 06-03-09 at 08:49 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  9. #99
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,205

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dix View Post
    Yes, all the pork in the stimulus pkg. It started with protests against "porkulus", lol, and grew from there. People are also angry about the bailouts and wealth redistribution, plus the trillions in the 2010 budget. Just that everything is getting too far-reaching and success is being punished while screw-ups are being rewarded (with our tax money). We're fed up.

    Some of the history is here:
    Instapundit
    Funny....why weren't you protesting against "wealth redistribution" when GWB started taking money from the poor and middle class and "redistributing" it to his wealthy base?

    McBlog: Richest 400 people in U.S. increased their wealth by $670 billion under GWB

    Since President Bush has been in office, nearly 6 million Americans have slipped into poverty, median family income for working Americans has declined by more than $2,000, more than 7 million Americans have lost their health insurance, over 4 million have lost their pensions, foreclosures are at an all time high, total consumer debt has more than doubled, and we have a national debt of over $9.7 trillion dollars.
    While the middle class collapses, the richest people in this country have made out like bandits and have not had it so good since the 1920s. The top 0.1 percent now earn more money than the bottom 50 percent of Americans, and the top 1 percent own more wealth than the bottom 90 percent. The wealthiest 400 people in our country saw their wealth increase by $670 billion while Bush has been president. In the midst of all of this, Bush lowered taxes on the very rich so that they are paying lower income tax rates than teachers, police officers or nurses.
    Last edited by disneydude; 06-03-09 at 09:16 AM.
    "A Man you can bait with a tweet can't be trusted with nuclear weapons"

  10. #100
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,998

    Re: Attending a tax day tea party protest?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Funny....why weren't you protesting against "wealth redistribution" when GWB started taking money from the poor and middle class and "redistributing" it to his wealthy base?

    McBlog: Richest 400 people in U.S. increased their wealth by $670 billion under GWB



    uhm, how did bush take money from the poor?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •