View Poll Results: Are we an Arrogant country?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    70 66.04%
  • No

    36 33.96%
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 295

Thread: Are we an arrogant country?

  1. #241
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Why are canadians voting in my poll?





    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #242
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    In your opinion, how much would it take for a man "without" delusions of grandeur to send us across the Atlantic to fight a war on terror?

    I'm fine with us going to Afghanistan and dealing with the threat(which we did not fully accomplish), but not with us parading into Iraq.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #243
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,614

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once more, the notion that the US self elected itself requires willful ignorance or the willing suspension of disbelief.
    Really? Who elected us then? When was this amazing world-wide election held? What were the results? Because I don't know what happened in your reality, but in the one most people live in, that's not how it happened.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  4. #244
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I'm fine with us going to Afghanistan and dealing with the threat(which we did not fully accomplish), but not with us parading into Iraq.
    Are you still for fully defeating the threat in Afghanistan?

    And second, if the terrorists leave Afghanistan would you support following them and continuing to deal with the threat in other territory? Or would you limit the permissible field of battle to Afghanistan?

    And finally, if I may ask, how exactly do you determine which terrorists pose a true threat and which do not?

    Last edited by Grateful Heart; 04-16-09 at 11:10 AM.

  5. #245
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Are you still for fully defeating the threat in Afghanistan?
    You mean catching Bin Laden? Sure. But that's a damn pipe dream.

    And second, if the terrorists leave Afghanistan would you support following them and continuing to deal with the threat in other territory? Or would you limit the permissible field of battle to Afghanistan?
    Chase him down, get him, and leave.

    And finally, if I may ask, how exactly do you determine which terrorists pose a true threat and which do not?

    Everyone poses a threat. There are people in this country who pose a threat. Unless we come across plans or information that divulge the location of a terrorist attack on America, I see no point in chasing "terrorists" around the globe. There will always be terrorists. There always have been. We will not change that.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #246
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Everyone poses a threat. There are people in this country who pose a threat. Unless we come across plans or information that divulge the location of a terrorist attack on America, I see no point in chasing "terrorists" around the globe. There will always be terrorists. There always have been. We will not change that.
    Well it's not clear to me from that response at what point you'd authorize our military to use deadly force or against whom.

    You suggested that we should continue to pursue Bin Laden. Is he the only one? If we catch him, are we finished? Or would you say that those who he's been associating with over the past 7 years are equally as dangerous or equally as guilty? Are there others plotting? And is discovering a plot alone sufficient to use military force? Or must you wait for the plotters to make their move?

    Should we have taken Bin Laden out when we knew his location in Sudan before 9/11? Did we have sufficient evidence based on his earlier history that he posed a future threat?


  7. #247
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Well it's not clear to me from that response at what point you'd authorize our military to use deadly force or against whom.

    You suggested that we should continue to pursue Bin Laden. Is he the only one? If we catch him, are we finished? Or would you say that those who he's been associating with over the past 7 years are equally as dangerous or equally as guilty? Are there others plotting? And is discovering a plot alone sufficient to use military force? Or must you wait for the plotters to make their move?

    Should we have taken Bin Laden out when we knew his location in Sudan before 9/11? Did we have sufficient evidence based on his earlier history that he posed a future threat?

    Your debate tactic of "ask a million questions" is getting slightly annoying. If you would like me to address a specific question, please post it.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Really? Who elected us then? When was this amazing world-wide election held? What were the results? Because I don't know what happened in your reality, but in the one most people live in, that's not how it happened.
    What a pile of absurd bile; come back when you want to be serious and act like an adult.

  9. #249
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What a pile of absurd bile; come back when you want to be serious and act like an adult.
    Deflection noted.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Deflection noted.
    Trolling noted.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •