View Poll Results: Are we an Arrogant country?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    70 66.04%
  • No

    36 33.96%
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 295

Thread: Are we an arrogant country?

  1. #221
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No it was not an example of US forcefully interjecting itself into other's affairs, it was an example of the US Government protecting US citizens who were being threatened by the illegitimate party led by Deputy Prime Minister Bernard Coard who placed the legitimate Prime Minister Bishop under house arrest, instituted military rule and eventually murdered Bishop.

    The Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) appealed to the United States, Barbados, and Jamaica for assistance and many of the population of Grenada supported our ousting of an illegitimate ruler who was supported by Communists of Cuba and the Soviet Union.
    Invasion of Grenada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I find it fascinating when the America haters like you think it is right for communists to take over Governments by force but it is wrong for the US to invade to re-institute the legitimate Government and Constitution of this nation and protect its citizens.

    Why is that?

    Once again your version of events represents the hate America mentality of Leftists who have a blatant disregard of the facts and events surrounding our legitimate invasion of Iraq to enforce resolutions defied by Saddam Hussein for over a decade.

    The only thing more fascinating is that the America haters like you think that Saddam Hussein should have been left in power after invading two neighboring nations and defying agreements he had signed in order to remain in power.

    America led the coalition to oust Saddam from Kuwait during the Gulf War and the US has always been the nation who provided the most aid, the most force and enforces resolutions which UN nations cannot do themselves.

    Under UN resolutions, member states are given the power to enforce UN resolutions and it did not require Frances, Russia’s or China’s blessings to enforce resolutions a decade after they had been defied nor do these resolutions suggest that it requires further action from the UN to enforce those resolutions.

    I suggest you read UN resolution 687 in its entirety and specifically enforcement contained item 27 and 678 in its entirety and specifically enforcement contained item #2 and the Joint resolution to go into Iraq so that you can be better informed as to what amounts to LEGAL authority.

    UN Resolutions on Iraq
    http://www.casi.org.uk/info/undocs/gopher/s90/32

    Un resolution 678
    http://www.casi.org.uk/info/undocs/gopher/s91/4

    Un Resolution 687
    UN Security Council resolutions relating to Iraq

    Joint Authorization on Iraq
    S. J. Res 45 Auhorizing Use of Armed Forces Against Iraq
    This is why I gave up on actually attempting to debate hyper-partisans. Yes, we understand that you hate Communists. We get it.
    Last edited by First Thought; 04-15-09 at 03:40 PM.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #222
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    How would you care to support that? All of our meddling in the Middle East pissed off enough people to give them reason to fly themselves into buildings.
    I didn't say our policing of the world was perfect.

    What I said was, compared to the 72 million dead in WWII and the 16 million dead in WWI, the past 60 years of U.S. policing have resulted in a relatively peaceful period in world history.

    I also noted that many seem to have a distorted perspective of history. Which your post seems to be confirming.

    Your suggestion that we've 'pissed off' Middle Easterners is baffling to me compared to the 72 million dead in WWII and 16 million dead in WWI. Are you suggesting the world is a more deadly place today than it was during the first half of the 20th Century?


  3. #223
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    I didn't say our policing of the world was perfect.

    What I said was, compared to the 72 million dead in WWII and the 16 million dead in WWI, the past 60 years of U.S. policing have resulted in a relatively peaceful period in world history.

    I also noted that many seem to have a distorted perspective of history. Which your post seems to be confirming.

    Your suggestion that we've 'pissed off' Middle Easterners is baffling to me compared to the 72 million dead in WWII and 16 million dead in WWI.
    You have yet to provide any sort of information to suggest that we have not had conflicts like the World Wars BECAUSE we have been policing the world.

    Are you suggesting the world is a more deadly place today than it was during the first half of the 20th Century?

    Not at all.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    How would you care to support that? All of our meddling in the Middle East pissed off enough people to give them reason to fly themselves into buildings.
    The only way anyone can make the absurd comments you have is either; (1) they are ignorant about US history and involvement in the ME; (2) they have swallowed the terrorist rhetoric and hyperbole hook line and sinker and therefore rationalize the reasons for their murderous actions; or (3) they just hate America and will spew any vile excuse for the terrorists actions they can fabricate.

    Which one is yours?

    What child like naiveté’ does one have to wallow in to REALLY think it mattered what the US did in the ME to rationalize the murderous events of 9-11?

    Once again the statements you make cannot be supported by any credible historical facts unless taken out of context or fabricated.

    I challenge you to provide ONE case of US "meddling" in historical context that can justify terrorists flying airliners into high rise buildings and the pentagon. Good luck with that.

  5. #225
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The only way anyone can make the absurd comments you have is either; (1) they are ignorant about US history and involvement in the ME; (2) they have swallowed the terrorist rhetoric and hyperbole hook line and sinker and therefore rationalize the reasons for their murderous actions; or (3) they just hate America and will spew any vile excuse for the terrorists actions they can fabricate.

    Which one is yours?

    What child like naiveté’ does one have to wallow in to REALLY think it mattered what the US did in the ME to rationalize the murderous events of 9-11?

    Once again the statements you make cannot be supported by any credible historical facts unless taken out of context or fabricated.

    I challenge you to provide ONE case of US "meddling" in historical context that can justify terrorists flying airliners into high rise buildings and the pentagon. Good luck with that.
    I never claimed that terrorist actions were justified. Nice strawman, though. I'll save myself the effort by quoting a post from earlier in this thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    This is why I gave up on actually attempting to debate hyper-partisans.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    This is why I gave up on actually attempting to debate hyper-partisans. Yes, we understand that you hate Communists. We get it.
    Who's debating with you? My response was directed at Scourge.

    Your expertise is baiting and trolling.

    The reason you refuse to have an honest coherent and intellectual debate with anyone and constantly rant and rail about perceived hyper partisanship is because it would require you to use FACTS, deal with REALITY and put forth some effort; three things that you rarely indicate a desire to do.

    Carry on.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I never claimed that terrorist actions were justified. Nice strawman, though. I'll save myself the effort by quoting a post from earlier in this thread:
    You did indeed intimate that they were somehow justified by suggesting that OUR actions of meddling in the Middle East were justification. Then when you are challenged to provide facts to support your assertions, you come up with more whining.

    Now either you have difficulty comprehending the English language or you are making statements you cannot support. Which is it?

  8. #228
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You did indeed intimate that they were somehow justified by suggesting that OUR actions of meddling in the Middle East were justification.
    Nope. I said that our meddling was a cause and that their response was the effect. I never said anything was justified. Nice try, Champ.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Nope. I said that our meddling was a cause and that their response was the effect. I never said anything was justified. Nice try, Champ.
    So why pretend that there was a legitimate cause and effect? 9-11 was going to happen regardless of real or perceived meddling.

    Why don't you share what you think the US "meddling" was which caused the terrorists to commit the atrocities on 9-11?

    The FACTS are that there were none. It is just terrorist hyperbole to rationalize their hatred of anything American/Western for the simple fact that they are a bunch of uneducated simple minded thugs who have been lied to by their leaders who just want to foment hate to justify their murderous actions. They do not represent nations, they do not represent legitimate Governance and they certainly do not have a clue regarding the facts behind US involvement in the ME.

  10. #230
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Are we an arrogant country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So why pretend that there was a legitimate cause and effect? 9-11 was going to happen regardless of real or perceived meddling.

    Why don't you share what you think the US "meddling" was which caused the terrorists to commit the atrocities on 9-11?

    The FACTS are that there were none. It is just terrorist hyperbole to rationalize their hatred of anything American/Western for the simple fact that they are a bunch of uneducated simple minded thugs who have been lied to by their leaders who just want to foment hate to justify their murderous actions. They do not represent nations, they do not represent legitimate Governance and they certainly do not have a clue regarding the facts behind US involvement in the ME.
    Sigh. This is a waste of time. I'm pretty sure you are still missing my point, but it;s quite hard to tell since your post is full emotional, hyperbolic rhetoric. Good day, sir.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •