View Poll Results: Should gay sex be added to the sex education curriculum?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its important for their future safety.

    26 42.62%
  • No, this sort of thing should not be encouraged.

    35 57.38%
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 288

Thread: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

  1. #261
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Thanks for clarifying those points. I'd like to go back and compare that to an earlier post of yours in response to my question regarding teaching about masturbation. You responded as follows:



    Your answer there was quite specific... you said there was 'no risk' in anyone exploring masturbation. What did you mean by that?

    .
    must....find...another...way....to...twist....hars haws.....views....aaarrrggghhh

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #262
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,972

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    must....find...another...way....to...twist....hars haws.....views....aaarrrggghhh
    It IS rather stalker-ish, isn't it? Kinda creepy.
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  3. #263
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    must....find...another...way....to...twist....hars haws.....views....aaarrrggghhh
    There's no twisting going here at all. I've been looking forward to an open discussion about this issue with anyone who cares to participate. And asking questions about the meaning of specific posts is a reasonable way to carry on the discussion.

    If you'd prefer to participate in the discussion that's fine. If you'd prefer to sit in the grandstands and shout that's fine as well.


  4. #264
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It IS rather stalker-ish, isn't it? Kinda creepy.
    I'm sorry if you feel that way. We can cut this off any time you'd like. I thought I touched on this earlier here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Quite frankly, I never responded to the poll question because I didn't think it made sense. My participation in this thread wasn't based on the premise that the poll question made sense. I chose to discuss this issue with you in particular because you strike me as a poster who tends to make sense. Unlike some others whose posts tend to wander around in circles.

  5. #265
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,972

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Your answer there was quite specific... you said there was 'no risk' in anyone exploring masturbation. What did you mean by that?
    You asked me that before, specifically, and I already answered, specifically. If you went back to find that post, then you should have found the answer.

    So, since you're not going to give up stalking me, and you keep trying to lead me to a conclusion:

    The argument that poster was making is that sexual orientation should be kept 'hush hush.' Undisclosed, unmentionable, in the closet.
    . . . why don't you cut the crap and make your point? Where does this Socratic road end?
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  6. #266
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,972

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    I'm sorry if you feel that way. We can cut this off any time you'd like. I thought I touched on this earlier here:



    I "make sense," yet you'd have everyone believe that what I post is "confusing"?
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  7. #267
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I "make sense," yet you'd have everyone believe that what I post is "confusing"?
    Ok here's what I say:

    Schools should have the ability to "define" gay sex FOR students. My main point was that if students ask about gay sex in school, why should it be ignored? Why not make it part of the sex-ed class, even if it's just a small part. Schools teach about nearly everything else, why leave it out?

    That was my main question.


  8. #268
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You asked me that before, specifically, and I already answered, specifically. If you went back to find that post, then you should have found the answer.
    You're correct you did answer. Let's go back and look at that answer:

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What's confusing about it? Sex is an eminently personal thing. The justification for sex education in the school is that it's because students need to learn what it is and what the consequences may be; i.e., pregnancy and the transmittal of disease.

    Anything beyond that and you're pushing social policy, not public health. You're out of science and into socialization. There's no pedagogical purpose.
    First you claimed that mentioning masturbation might be mentioned 'in passing' because there is 'no risk' in a student exploring it.

    In clarifying this position, you claimed that sex is a 'personal thing.' Then you said that students need to 'learn what it is and what the consequences of it might be.' Then you expressed concerns about pushing 'social policy.'

    None of that really addressed why teaching about masturbation is 'no risk.'

    My conclusion from that is that you'd prefer to minimize information in the classroom that you view might lead to 'high risk' activities. The higher the risk involved if a student engages in it, the less information ought to be provided. And your reasoning for this is because to do otherwise would be pushing social policy.

    Have I misrepresented that position?

    ..
    Last edited by Grateful Heart; 04-21-09 at 03:36 PM.

  9. #269
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    . . . why don't you cut the crap and make your point? Where does this Socratic road end?
    I believe that more information is better than less information. And when there is an argument that less information is better, or that certain information ought to be limited or withheld, then I think the onus is on those who want to restrict that information to explain, in detail, what benefit they see from limiting that information.

    Your explanation about limiting the discussion of masturbation was particularly obtuse. You made reference at the end to 'pushing social policy.' I don't see any clear correlation between masturbation and any social policy. Though I do see quite a bit of correlation between homosexuality and social policy in this country.

    ..

  10. #270
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,972

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    You're correct you did answer. Let's go back and look at that answer:



    First you claimed that mentioning masturbation might be mentioned 'in passing' because there is 'no risk' in a student exploring it.

    In clarifying this position, you claimed that sex is a 'personal thing.' Then you said that students need to 'learn what it is and what the consequences of it might be.' Then you expressed concerns about pushing 'social policy.'

    None of that really addressed why teaching about masturbation is 'no risk.'

    My conclusion from that is that you'd prefer to minimize information in the classroom that you view might lead to 'high risk' activities. The higher the risk involved if a student engages in it, the less information ought to be provided. And your reasoning for this is because to do otherwise would be pushing social policy.

    Have I misrepresented that position?
    Yes, you have. The "no risk" part had to do with students masturbating, not being taught masturbation.

    Sex with others is a risky activity because of the possibility of pregnancy and the spread of disease.

    Masturbation is not. A student exploring masturbation on his/her own isn't at any health risk. Thus, there's nothing in particular about it which warrants more than a passing, clinical mention.
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •