View Poll Results: Should gay sex be added to the sex education curriculum?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its important for their future safety.

    26 42.62%
  • No, this sort of thing should not be encouraged.

    35 57.38%
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 288

Thread: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

  1. #131
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Eventhough I have a yes or no answer, I can't vote because I don't agree with either reasoning givin in the poll.

    They included "gay" sex whenb I was in 8th grade, so if there's going to be a sex ed class at all then I don't see why "gay" sex should be excluded.
    This is why the poll is so messed up, it has no "other" option. I agree with you Jerry.


    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Well if you want it to be included surely you then realize its importance for the safety of homosexual teens? Otherwise there would be no possible reason to have it included if it served no logical purpose. Im not saying im for it, i havent voted. Just wondering.
    How about just for informing?


  2. #132
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    How about just for informing?
    Hmm definetly a possibility.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #133
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    This whole thread reminds me of a funny story that had slipped my mind for some years...

    When I was a sophomore in HS we had a very new PE/health teacher, a guy right out of college, probably young twenties. On rainy days, rather than take us into the gym for basketball, he got into the habit of taking us to a classroom for 'sex-ed.' He seemed to think it was really important for us to view these sex-ed movies. This went on for a couple months... with a new and more 'interesting' movie being shown every rainy day. I don't remember if any of them touched on 'gay' sex... but I seriously doubt it.

    One rainy day our class was sitting there in anticipation of another racy film, the projector ready to go... when suddenly the much older head coach walked into the room with a stern look on his face. "There will be no more movies," he said. That was it. I don't remember anyone really talking about it after that. But the whole experience was really weird.


  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Well if you want it to be included surely you then realize its importance for the safety of homosexual teens? Otherwise there would be no possible reason to have it included if it served no logical purpose. Im not saying im for it, i havent voted. Just wondering.
    See this is why there needs to be an "other" option.

    IMO public schools should not have any form of sex-ed AT ALL.

    I would be willing to support a sex-ed lesson in a public-school first-aid program, however.

    If, IF we're going to have sex-ed in the public school at all then we shouldn't do a half assed job about it.

    Call it damage control.

    ***
    I don't think elective abortion should exist at all either. However, if elective abortion is going to exist despite my vote then I want it to take place in a licensed facility by qualified professionals. This is the same concept.
    Last edited by Jerry; 04-14-09 at 05:42 PM.

  5. #135
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    See this is why there needs to be an "other" option.

    IMO public schools should not have any form of sex-ed AT ALL.

    I would be willing to support a sex-ed lesson in a public-school first-aid program, however.

    If, IF we're going to have sex-ed in the public school at all then we shouldn't do a half assed job about it.

    Call it damage control.

    ***
    I don't think elective abortion should exist at all either. However, if elective abortion is going to exist despite my vote then I want it to take place in a licensed facility by qualified professionals. This is the same concept.
    I disagree but I respect your opinion and willingness to compromise. Kudos.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #136
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    IMO public schools should not have any form of sex-ed AT ALL.
    Would you forbid the discussion of sexual reproduction in the biology class as well? For instance, the difference between oviparous and viviparous animals?

    Would it be feasible for a biology teacher to explain the anatomy of a mammal while ignoring the reproductive organs? Would the private parts of a dissected frog or cat be ignored?

    How would you structure a lesson about the nature and purpose of DNA and chromosomes while avoiding the topic of 'sex?'


  7. #137
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I'm sort of confused why one has to distinguish male-female intercourse with male-male or female-female intercourse. If students are taught that they should use a condom on their penis when inserted into another person's orifices, why does it matter whether the orifice is a man's or a woman's?
    Imagine that you're in a desert with a man and a woman and yo're hell bent for sex, whom would you choose to have sex with ?

  8. #138
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,738

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    Imagine that you're in a desert with a man and a woman and yo're hell bent for sex, whom would you choose to have sex with ?
    That would depend on whether you were heterosexual or homosexual.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #139
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    If I ran the public school system, we'd certainley talk about the beauty of women exploring each others bodies.
    Whats exciting about seeing things you already have in your own body ?!

  10. #140
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,738

    Re: Should schools include gay sex as part of sex education curriculum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    Whats exciting about seeing things you already have in your own body ?!
    I suppose that also depends on whether you are heterosexual or homosexual.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •