View Poll Results: Which is more barbaric/worse?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Killing an animal for someones else to eat.

    2 66.67%
  • Eating an animal someone else has killed.

    1 33.33%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Which is more barbaric/worse?

  1. #31
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Oh great another pussy vegan poll. It cracks me up how vegans try to defy nature by refusing to eat meat.Humans are omnivores by nature and it is ****en idiotic to give up meat or to give up vegatables.
    Wow its a just a simple question.

    I'm not a vegan actually. I eat meat, I love meat.


  2. #32
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    I also want to thank several people for misunderstanding this poll.

    Thank you.

    I said choose one, so decide which one is CLOSER to being worse or barbaric.

    Stop whining.
    Last edited by Cilogy; 04-03-09 at 11:17 AM.


  3. #33
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I also want to thank several people for misunderstanding this poll.

    Thank you.

    I said choose one, so decide which one is CLOSER to being worse or barbaric.

    Stop whining.
    Well that's the problem... neither is closer to being barbaric than the other. Neither are even remotely barbaric.

  4. #34
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I also want to thank several people for misunderstanding this poll.

    Thank you.

    I said choose one, so decide which one is CLOSER to being worse or barbaric.

    Stop whining.
    And, the correct answer is "neither", an option you did not offer.

    You created a crappy poll. Get over it.

  5. #35
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Well that's the problem... neither is closer to being barbaric than the other. Neither are even remotely barbaric.
    I think the word 'barbaric' might be a bit confusing. In the strictest sense, barbaric simply means uncivilized.

    As I pointed out in my previous post, I doubt many people who pride themselves on being 'civilized' butcher their own food. Slaughtering and butchering is usually a thing done on the 'other side of town', out of sight.

    It's no coincidence that we often refer to mass murderers as 'butchers' and 'slaughterers,' is it?


  6. #36
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-18-12 @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Was there some point to this poll??


    I'm guessing, "no"?
    LOL! Do not be mean!! RoboCop, Wanna go eat some rare steaks?

  7. #37
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    I think the word 'barbaric' might be a bit confusing. In the strictest sense, barbaric simply means uncivilized.

    As I pointed out in my previous post, I doubt many people who pride themselves on being 'civilized' butcher their own food. Slaughtering and butchering is usually a thing done on the 'other side of town', out of sight.

    It's no coincidence that we often refer to mass murderers as 'butchers' and 'slaughterers,' is it?

    I guess I grew up on the 'other side of town'. My extended family has hunted and farmed all their lives. For me to see a deer being drug in, gutted, and skinned was no big deal. And squirrels? My grandma used to skin them on her kitchen counter every season, right before throwing them into a skillet. That's not even counting the time I've spent on farms with the piggies and the chickens and the cows.

    I don't consider my friends and family that raise and/or kill their own meat to be "uncivilized".

  8. #38
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And, the correct answer is "neither", an option you did not offer.

    You created a crappy poll. Get over it.
    I've found that whenever I make a poll with an "other" option in it, people whine anyway and some reasons for picking "other" make no sense.

    Also, I realized I have made a mistake and I apologize, I should have said "if you were forced to make a decision" or something to that extent.

    Its an opinion poll, not a right answer poll.

    Get over it.
    Last edited by Cilogy; 04-03-09 at 04:56 PM.


  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I guess I grew up on the 'other side of town'. My extended family has hunted and farmed all their lives. For me to see a deer being drug in, gutted, and skinned was no big deal. And squirrels? My grandma used to skin them on her kitchen counter every season, right before throwing them into a skillet. That's not even counting the time I've spent on farms with the piggies and the chickens and the cows.

    I don't consider my friends and family that raise and/or kill their own meat to be "uncivilized".
    I am an avid hunter. To me there is something very enjoyable about being able to go out and hunt, clean, and cook your own feast than to simply buy meat from the market.

  10. #40
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Which is more barbaric/worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I guess I grew up on the 'other side of town'. My extended family has hunted and farmed all their lives. For me to see a deer being drug in, gutted, and skinned was no big deal. And squirrels? My grandma used to skin them on her kitchen counter every season, right before throwing them into a skillet. That's not even counting the time I've spent on farms with the piggies and the chickens and the cows.

    I don't consider my friends and family that raise and/or kill their own meat to be "uncivilized".
    Well I wouldn't consider you or your friends and family uncivilized either. At least not based on the slaughtering of food animals.

    And as other 'hunters' have pointed out, dressing a deer or preparing a fish does not make one a Neanderthal.

    At the same time, I think the majority of us in modern societies prefer not to butcher our own meat... not only out of convenience, but because we tend to consider the activity a bit unpleasant. Do you disagree with that notion?


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •