Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 128

Thread: Tattooing children

  1. #81
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Tattooing children

    I've used my lack of tattoos as a defense in court:

    Judge: We have video tape of you stealing the money

    Me: [takes off shirt] Do you see any tattoos?

    Judge: Works for me. Not Guilty!

  2. #82
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Tonsils, wisdom teeth, and appendix are removed for present medical problems. Unless you're volunteering for submarine duty, wisdom teeth aren't typically extracted by scrupulous dentists unless a visible medical condition requires it. My wife, for example has all her teeth, and never had a problem with her wisdom teeth. Being an adult, I made the choice to turn in my wisdom teeth to buy genuine Navy Submarine Ride tickets, good for six years.

    Foreskins are removed willy-nilly, if you'll pardon the pun, and almost never have an indicated medical issue to justify the surgery.
    WHAT? you mean the USN was risking my life by NOT removing my wisdom teeth? I had mine til I was 30, they got pulled days before I left the Navy...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #83
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's not your body, so it's not your choice.

    Hands-off unless you have a medical reason.
    I would add that it isn't the children's body either, until they are adults and can make the decision for themselves, without parental influence one way of the other. BUT, even then there could be unintended consequences.

    Me personally, I will be telling my grandkids that if they get tats or piercings they will be booted out of my will.....

    What is the sense of having lots of money if you can't use it to influence your children and grandchildren?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I would add that it isn't the children's body either, until they are adults and can make the decision for themselves, without parental influence one way of the other.
    This statement, on it's face, appears to express gross ignorance.

    However, I think you are trying to say that a child does not have the rights of an adult, and is governed by guardians in all matter until they are.

    If that's an accurate interpretation of your post, then I agree with you.

    However, if you are saying that the child's body is someone else's property until they are an adult, then you are wrong. Stewardship and guardian ship of a parent does not, in any way, establish ownership. The child's body, while under the guardianship of an adult, still belongs to the child.

  5. #85
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Did you know that Hepatitis can be spread by way of a tatoo needle?
    That's why you never go to a shady place to get a tattoo. My guy is so OCD about everything being sterile, I love it.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #86
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This statement, on it's face, appears to express gross ignorance.

    However, I think you are trying to say that a child does not have the rights of an adult, and is governed by guardians in all matter until they are.

    If that's an accurate interpretation of your post, then I agree with you.
    However, if you are saying that the child's body is someone else's property until they are an adult, then you are wrong. Stewardship and guardian ship of a parent does not, in any way, establish ownership. The child's body, while under the guardianship of an adult, still belongs to the child.
    Yes that is what I mean, however, there are cases where the guardians are not acting in the best interest of the child..
    that is when the law steps in...as in the cases where some parents refuse medical attention for their children based on religious reasons. That is when the child does NOT belong to the parent, when the actions or beliefs of the parents are contradictory to the well being of the child....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Did you know that Hepatitis can be spread by way of a tatoo needle?
    Did you know that MRSA and necrotizing fascitis occur in hospitals? Add hospitals to your list of unsanitary places to avoid.

  8. #88
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Yes, we are all wothless criminals because we have tats. The second the ink first went into my skin, I knew my innocent life was over. I filll my days now with robbing banks and posting on DP. If I could only go back to the days I didn't have tattoos......
    You and me both. I was about to go rob my first bank the other day but then realized that I didn't have enough ink on my skin for that kind of criminal activity. As such, I'm checking out new tattoos so I can continue my criminal masterminding unimpeded.

  9. #89
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Tattooing children

    Has Michael Jackson released his official statement on this issue yet?

    I am waiting to see what the King of Pop (re:Children) has to say about his favorite issue... inking little boys.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  10. #90
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    You and me both. I was about to go rob my first bank the other day but then realized that I didn't have enough ink on my skin for that kind of criminal activity. As such, I'm checking out new tattoos so I can continue my criminal masterminding unimpeded.
    How much ink is required for bank robbery? If I have just a few tats, am I relegated to garden-variety muggings and stickup jobs?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •