Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 128

Thread: Tattooing children

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Genital "mutilation"...nice.

    Personally, the absence of a fleshy and extraneous bacteria trap on the end of my penis is worth the non-memory of having it removed.
    For shame. You're naturally a brain washed fool, given birth from parents who were horrendous villians that are blood thirsty savages who run around with machetes mutilating little children for their own vengeful purposes of pure sadistic pleasures. During the nights they likely jabbed you full of needles while they wiped the blood that came from you over their bodies because they were clearly only caring about completely ruining your pscyhe and rendering you inable to experience pleasure. No civilized, intelligent, actually thinking person would dear want a bit of skin snipped off on par with flaying off of skin or removal of pieces of the body that severely affect pleasure. Naturally your parent would've sewed up the vagina of your sister if you had/have one because the complete and utter rending useless of an organ is EXACTLY like the barbaric horrible act they did to you. Your parents are murderous mutilating sadistic fools and you sir are naturally brainwashed into thinking you actually like the abonimation you have between your legs.

    For Shame!


  2. #62
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Tattooing children

    Personally, my take on it is that the parents should be allowed to choose (be it circumcision, tattoos, ear piecing etc). I would not choose to have my son circumcised.

    I am in a debate with my wife about future daughters and ear piercing. I guess Italians do this to their daughters as infants, but I really don't want it done to my infant daughter, she wants to keep her families tradition. What do I do on that?

    The tattoo thing is definitely a "no" as I personally do not like tattoos at all. To be honest, I'm no fan of piercings either. I'm one of the very few people I know of my generation that has never gotten a piercing or a tattoo.

    Oddly, my personality type is such that when people learn this, they are usually surprised by it. I've just never felt the need to decorate myself. It always seemed like vanity to me.

    So obviously, my feelings about any type of adornment or alteration for the sake of appearances are consistent. I'm against them on a philosophical level. I don't like it that our society is focused on appearances over substance and function. I never sought to create an image of myself that was visual. I have always sought to make myself into the image I want to convey by altering myself internally. I allow my personality to convey my image, not my appearance.

    But that's just me. While I plan on trying to foster this same mentality in my children. Who am I to decide to force other parents to foster it in their children?

    I sure as **** don't want other people coming around telling me that I need to get my daughters ears pierced or put make-up on her or let my son get tattoos. Or teach them that the "clothes make the man/woman". I would go bat-**** if someone came in and tried to force me to teach my kids those things that I feel are nonsense. And there are plenty of people who feel the exact opposite of me on this.

    So I lean on the side of personal freedom of choice. If that includes things I don't agree with so be it. My only issue is if there is legitimate harm being done to the kid. And as someone who has been circumcised, I can say that there is no real harm in it.

    But, even though I acknowledge that it is basically harmless, I would never do it to my son because of my personal views on alterations and adornments over aesthetic bull****.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 04-01-09 at 10:46 AM.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post

    I am in a debate with my wife about future daughters and ear piercing. I guess Italians do this to their daughters as infants, but I really don't want it done to my infant daughter, she wants to keep her families tradition. What do I do on that?
    I think the early ear piercing is somewhat related to the early sexualiztion kids get from everywhere in society today--especially girls. Have you walked through the pre-teen girls' section in a childrens' clothing store? Trashy is the norm.

    I gave in and let my daughter get her ears pierced at eight. I still think that's too early, but her Godmother (irony) wanted to do it with her as a special "girl-time" and I'd been putting my daughter off since she was five and all her little friends were sporting dangly earrings. I used it as a learning tool--having her care for them herself as they healed and talking to her about what kind of earrings are appropriate for her age, etc. I still would have preferred waiting until she was at least ten, but...

    No make-up until 10th grade except for playing dress up. But then again--my daughter is gorgeous, so...
    Last edited by Felicity; 04-01-09 at 11:46 AM.

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    I think the early ear piercing is somewhat related to the early sexualiztion kids get from everywhere in society today--especially girls. Have you walked through the pre-teen girls' section in a childrens' clothing store? Trashy is the norm.

    I gave in and let my daughter get her ears pierced at eight. I still think that's too early, but her Godmother (irony) wanted to do it with her as a special "girl-time" and I'd been putting my daughter off since she was five and all her little friends were sporting dangly earrings. I used it as a learning tool--having her care for them herself as they healed and talking to her about what kind of earrings are appropriate for her age, etc. I still would have preferred waiting until she was at least ten, but...

    No make-up until 10th grade except for playing dress up. But then again--my daughter is gorgeous, so...

    At ten they can get tattoos for some "girl time"

  5. #65
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    I think the early ear piercing is somewhat related to the early sexualiztion kids get from everywhere in society today--especially girls. Have you walked through the pre-teen girls' section in a childrens' clothing store? Trashy is the norm.

    I gave in and let my daughter get her ears pierced at eight. I still think that's too early, but her Godmother (irony) wanted to do it with her as a special "girl-time" and I'd been putting my daughter off since she was five and all her little friends were sporting dangly earrings. I used it as a learning tool--having her care for them herself as they healed and talking to her about what kind of earrings are appropriate for her age, etc. I still would have preferred waiting until she was at least ten, but...

    No make-up until 10th grade except for playing dress up. But then again--my daughter is gorgeous, so...
    With my wife's family, I don't think it really has anything to do with sexualization. They are very prim and proper. Not at all in keeping with the Italian/Dego stereotype. They are actually very prudish. It's quite funny actually given the fact that I'm a wee bit more of the rambunctious sort (I really am an Irish stereotype).

    I honestly think it's just a case of family tradition. It's pretty common in Italian culture to get a babies ears pierced. They also put necklaces and bracelets on baby boys as a tradition as well.

    My views on necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc are exactly the same as pierced ears or tattoos for the very same reasons. I forgot to mention those things before. I've literally only worn one piece of jewelery in my entire life, and that's my wedding ring. And I only wear that on special occasions to keep the wife happy.

    So I got that fight in the future to look forward to. Yayy!!!

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Tattoos are not "criminal", nor do they signify anything "criminal".

    Your statements are categorically and completely wrong.These are my opinions, the way I see things

    (BTW--branding is also not "criminal", and is quite popular in certain circles).I'd stay away from these certain circles..
    The way people see things, is NOT right nor wrong...
    Branding or tattooing a child is abusive, disrespectful, even hateful.....
    What a man does to his own body is of course his own business..However stupid and thoughtless it may be..
    When I see a tatto... the first reaction is NEGATIVE.....Criminals seem to love their brand..
    The relationship, however right or wrong should be obvious...

  7. #67
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    The way people see things, is NOT right nor wrong...
    Branding or tattooing a child is abusive, disrespectful, even hateful.....
    What a man does to his own body is of course his own business..However stupid and thoughtless it may be..
    When I see a tatto... the first reaction is NEGATIVE.....Criminals seem to love their brand..
    The relationship, however right or wrong should be obvious...



    Is York Haven one of them amish towns?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    There is no right or wrong answer to this. It's strictly a cultural issue. Nothing more. Nothing less.

    That one could think that this mutilation is a cultural thing....
    How to fix ?
    Love, tolerance, understanding......do not try to change these animals...
    Lets keep this crap in Africa, they will become civilized sooner or later...What worries me is that other people here may do the same thing..
    Another reason for child protection services...

  9. #69
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Tattooing children

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    The way people see things, is NOT right nor wrong...
    Calling tattoos criminal is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Branding or tattooing a child is abusive, disrespectful, even hateful....
    It's not something I would do, but abusive, disrespectful, and hateful? Not on its own. This, too, is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    What a man does to his own body is of course his own business..However stupid and thoughtless it may be..
    Exactly. It is his business. Which means you have zero opinion about it, just like the rest of us. Arguing otherwise is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    When I see a tatto... the first reaction is NEGATIVE.....Criminals seem to love their brand..
    The relationship, however right or wrong should be obvious...
    Indeed. The relationship between your perceptions and your hatred and bigotry is quite obvious.

    Equally obvious is that you are wrong.

  10. #70
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Tattooing children

    That plate-lip thing is just something they do so that my nuts have a place to rest on.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •