View Poll Results: Will people misuse the Marijuana under its medical purpose ?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 65.22%
  • No

    15 32.61%
  • Dunno

    1 2.17%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

  1. #1
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    After legalizing Marijuana for medical purposes, will it be misused ?

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,230

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    After legalizing Marijuana for medical purposes, will it be misused ?
    Why don't ya ask Rush Limbaugh?

  3. #3
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why don't ya ask Rush Limbaugh?
    I think hes high on pod right now, maybe later

  4. #4
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    08-06-16 @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,668
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Of course it will. In those places where it has already been legalized for medicinal purposes, it is already being used for recreational purposes. For as useful as marijuana is for a variety of medicinal purposes, its chief value is recreational and the people who have lobbied for its legalization are well aware of this.

    I do not take drugs for recreational purposes, but I've had very little difficulty in convincing doctors to prescribe whatever drugs I have requested. I am certain that, if medicinal marijuana were legal in Wyoming, I would have no trouble at all in convincing a doctor to prescribe it for me-- except that it would serve me little purpose.

    I think the more important question is whether or not the State has any legitimate reason to make medical decisions for its citizens, or to delegate those medical decisions to third parties. I am perfectly qualified to decide which drugs I require, including having the wisdom to know when to consult a doctor for advice.
    Last edited by Korimyr the Rat; 03-21-09 at 02:25 PM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    It's already being abused. In CA, people complain to their doctors for all sorts of minor problems, and ask for a cannabis prescription. It's as easy as any other drug. I'd rather people be vaporizing cannabis than taking loads of pharmaceuticals though, but if done too often it has some unpleasant side effects.

  6. #6
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Shaheen View Post
    After legalizing Marijuana for medical purposes, will it be misused ?
    It's already being "misused" when it's illegal, I ask who really cares?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #7
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Of course it will. In those places where it has already been legalized for medicinal purposes, it is already being used for recreational purposes. For as useful as marijuana is for a variety of medicinal purposes, its chief value is recreational and the people who have lobbied for its legalization are well aware of this.

    I do not take drugs for recreational purposes, but I've had very little difficulty in convincing doctors to prescribe whatever drugs I have requested. I am certain that, if medicinal marijuana were legal in Wyoming, I would have no trouble at all in convincing a doctor to prescribe it for me-- except that it would serve me little purpose.

    I think the more important question is whether or not the State has any legitimate reason to make medical decisions for its citizens, or to delegate those medical decisions to third parties. I am perfectly qualified to decide which drugs I require, including having the wisdom to know when to consult a doctor for advice.
    I'd heard that the "Green Cross Co-op" will deliver it to you home, without a Prescription ?

  8. #8
    Sage
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,811

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Sure it will be misused. Anything to get a 'script.

    I say we keep it like it is. That way, the black market/organized crime dudes can keep getting richer, the funeral homes can make lots of money and a lot of cops and prison guards have job security. Not to mention all the money lining the politician's pockets for keeping it illegal. That's capitolism in it's purest form. Yes sir. The American way.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #9
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    It's already being abused. In CA, people complain to their doctors for all sorts of minor problems, and ask for a cannabis prescription. It's as easy as any other drug. I'd rather people be vaporizing cannabis than taking loads of pharmaceuticals though, but if done too often it has some unpleasant side effects.
    Lucky them, they can get it now without even thinking about going to doctor ..

  10. #10
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Sure it will be misused. Anything to get a 'script.

    I say we keep it like it is. That way, the black market/organized crime dudes can keep getting richer, the funeral homes can make lots of money and a lot of cops and prison guards have job security. Not to mention all the money lining the politician's pockets for keeping it illegal. That's capitolism in it's purest form. Yes sir. The American way.
    Please don't attribute capitalism with foolishness.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •