View Poll Results: Will people misuse the Marijuana under its medical purpose ?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 65.22%
  • No

    15 32.61%
  • Dunno

    1 2.17%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73

Thread: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

  1. #41
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Sometimes, it just is what it is Harry. It's ALL about da money. All'z ya gotta do is step outside the ring and do the math.
    Its not capitalism though, it is state interventionism.

    Capitalism is benign and (nation)states who intervene are cancerous pieces of garbage

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    What? And lose out on all that money set aside to fight this "evil weed?"

    There is BIG money in keeping pot illegal. For both sides.
    I understand that, I get tired of capitalism getting a bad rap when it is government causing the problems
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #42
    Sage
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,820

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Well, I have a hard time seperating the two. However, I can see how it can be subdivided, or put in a different folder if you will, if it makes you feel any better.

    But at the end of the day it's all about the mo' money. And that's capitolism sir. Albeit, governmental.

    What? You KNOW the professional politican has got to make his bank too. That's capitolism sir. But if you want, we could call it something else, I suppose. But it is what it is. Ta-may-to/Tuh-mah-toe.


    Even the most simpleton on man can figure out that this problem can be solved simply by allowing users to grow their own, perhaps 5-6 plants at a time for personal use. That would dissolve the illegal, lucrative market in one fell-swoop. But it would also eliminate a LOT of government/judicial jobs.

    Tell me again how this ain't about capitolism.
    Last edited by Captain America; 03-22-09 at 05:48 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #43
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Well, I have a hard time seperating the two. However, I can see how it can be subdivided, or put in a different folder if you will, if it makes you feel any better.

    But at the end of the day it's all about the mo' money. And that's capitolism sir. Albeit, governmental.

    What? You KNOW the professional politican has got to make his bank too. That's capitolism sir. But if you want, we could call it something else, I suppose. But it is what it is. Ta-may-to/Tuh-mah-toe.


    Even the most simpleton on man can figure out that this problem can be solved simply by allowing users to grow their own, perhaps 5-6 plants at a time for personal use. That would dissolve the illegal, lucrative market in one fell-swoop. But it would also eliminate a LOT of government/judicial jobs.

    Tell me again how this ain't about capitolism.
    Government interference is akin to socialism really.

    That is a bastard form of capitalism.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #44
    Sage
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,820

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Government interference is akin to socialism really.

    That is a bastard form of capitalism.
    Is it possible in this Tower of Babble we call the internet that both you and I are trying to say the same thing but just saying it two different ways? I totally understand where you are coming from. And it ain't too far from where I'm coming from too.

    I think one bastard form of capitolism is certainly federal government interference upon the individual's liberties and state's rights. It has sprung countless cottage industry's that produce not, creating jobs out of nothing at all. Pet Rock politics.

    In fact, I wouldn't mind being a civil service worker myself.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #45
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Is it possible in this Tower of Babble we call the internet that both you and I are trying to say the same thing but just saying it two different ways? I totally understand where you are coming from. And it ain't too far from where I'm coming from too.

    I think one bastard form of capitolism is certainly federal government interference upon the individual's liberties and state's rights. It has sprung countless cottage industry's that produce not, creating jobs out of nothing at all. Pet Rock politics.

    In fact, I wouldn't mind being a civil service worker myself.
    I think we mostly agree.

    There are a lot of socialist type folks criticizing capitalism when it is socialist type policies causing the problems.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why don't ya ask Rush Limbaugh?
    Only if a man wishes to receive the stupidest possible reply.

  7. #47
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,681

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    I received my prescription which allowed me to obtain a medical id card for attention deficit disorder.

    Much rather go to Amsterdam though.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MDM View Post
    use it as a suppository?
    there are people, I am told, sufficiently brainless enough to do this
    Maybe this is why I must forever endure on my medication label "TAKE TWO TABLETS BY MOUTH TWICE A DAY FOR DIABETES"
    Complaining about the inanity and disrespect of this message was of no avail.....similar to talking to a wall...or Rush Limbaugh..

  9. #49
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 07:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,298

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Massachusetts has introduced legislation similar to Ca's AB 390 (taxing and regulating Cannabis) to both their house and senate:

    http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/hous...02/ht02929.htm

    http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/sena...01/st01801.htm

    This issue is not going to go away and is picking up even more steam now.


    edit: oops posted this in the wrong thread

  10. #50
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,026

    Re: Medical Marijuana, will it be misused ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I received my prescription which allowed me to obtain a medical id card for attention deficit disorder.

    Much rather go to Amsterdam though.



    So wait, your ADD is helped by Marijuana?






    This is abuse in the sense of this thread.




    Either make it legal or do not already,.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •