View Poll Results: Federal (Income) Tax. You Pick the Rate.

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5%

    22 37.93%
  • 10%

    10 17.24%
  • 15%

    4 6.90%
  • 20%

    7 12.07%
  • 25%

    5 8.62%
  • 30%

    2 3.45%
  • 35%

    3 5.17%
  • 40%

    2 3.45%
  • 45%

    1 1.72%
  • 50% and higher

    2 3.45%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 148

Thread: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well if it is then it's also lost on my avatar and the millions of people who follow his principals and end up financially independent
    Irrelevant drivel that has nothing to do with the federal budget. I am sure his principles work for small families but application of them to a large federal budget will simply not work.

    Apples and oranges. Personally, I think your avatar is a raving douche on par with Dr. Phil, but that's just me.

  2. #52
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No that's not accurate at all. Not in the least.
    Really. Then when the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and the White House, why did spending continue to rise? For that matter, why has government spending increased every year since 1965? If conservatives were really as committed to less spending as you claim, then one would think that at least ONCE in the last 44 years they would've managed to cut spending.

    Both Democrats and Republicans support government spending. Most Republicans just don't want to pay for it.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 03-19-09 at 07:15 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,476

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Really. Then when the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and the White House, why did spending continue to rise? For that matter, why has government spending increased every year since 1965? If conservatives were really as committed to less spending as you claim, then one would think that at least ONCE in the last 44 years they would've managed to cut spending.

    Both Democrats and Republicans support government spending. Most Republicans just don't want to pay for it.

    As an ex-Republican sorta-libertarian, I'd like to address that.

    Kandahar is at least half-right; the Republican Congress of 2002-2008 spent like drunken sailors. It's part of the reason the base and the "middle" didn't turn out so much in 2008, and some who did turned to 3rd party candidates in disgust.

    I don't think I'd characterize the average Republican voter as wanting to spend and not pay for it, however. At least, I hope not.
    Anecdotally, most Republicans I know are profoundly disgusted with the Republican 02-08 spending spree, and want a balanced budget.

    Sadly, on both sides of the isle, politicians rarely do what their constituents thought they were electing them to do.

    G.

  4. #54
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Apples and oranges. Personally, I think your avatar is a raving douche on par with Dr. Phil, but that's just me.
    At least you actually know who he is.

  5. #55
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    151,795

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    There should be no tax on income-only consumption. I totally oppose graduated income taxes because they give congress way too much power by pitting those who will suffer no tax increases against those who are targeted for tax hikes to buy the votes of the former groups
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  6. #56
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by SicSemperTyrannis View Post
    Ok, the Fed doesn't physically print the money, but they dictate its distribution, the interest rate, and how much banks must keep as their reserves. They also tell what, when, and how much to print. It's called fractional reserve banking. The Fed is not a "quasi-public" institution. Show me a link for that one. It is entirely private.
    No, it's really not.

    Economics: Principles, Problems, and ... - Google Book Search

    The president appoints the front man, but that's it.
    Again, you're completely wrong. The president appoints the entire board of governors.

    The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is a federal government agency. The Board is composed of seven members, who are appointed by the President of the United States and confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
    FRB: The Federal Reserve System Purposes and Functions

    They are not a government entity.
    Why don't you take a gander at that there above web address. What's the extension?

    They have also never been audited but the IRS
    Neither has the Department of Education or Defense. Because they're government entities.

    and they don't pay taxes.
    I'll give you three guesses why. (Hint: It may have something to do with the fact that the Fed doesn't turn a profit.)

    They are a PRIVATE INSTITUTION. And by the way, blurtit (like wikipedia) doesn't count. Here's a link about Dennis Kucinich, one of the many politicians that questions the constitutionality of our money system. newswithdrawal.com KUCINICH: destroy the federal reserve
    LAWL.

    "By the way, wikipedia (which has links to all its sources) doesn't count as a valid source. Here's a link to "Newswithdrawal.com" that talks about Kucinich. This is a valid source."

    And here's a link of Kennedy's executive order mandating that the issue of silver certificates backed by silver bullions is doen through the Treasury, not the Federal Reserve: John-F-Kennedy.net - JFK, The Federal Reserve And Executive Order 11110 by Cedric X ...ever wonder why JFK is on the silver dollar?
    You said that JFK tried to eliminate the Fed because it was unconstitutional. In actuality, he did nothing of the sort.

    So you're telling me that gold hasn't been desired or sought after or used as currency for thousands of years? Then you have a complete and total lack of awareness of history.
    Once again, you've completely missed the point. The fact is that gold is no longer a viable commodity for day to day use. If the economy collapses to the point that the US dollar is worthless, people aren't just going to go back to a gold-based economy.

    This continent was settled because of gold. Columbus wanted to find a trade route to East Asia to trade for spices, silk, and gold. Cortes and the other Conquistadors who conquered Latin American were lured by gold. When the three wise men brought Jesus gifts, it was frankenscense, myrrh, and gold.
    I took 9th grade history too.

    Gold will always have value, unless all of a sudden 6 billion people get together and decide they wouldn't want to have gold anymore. That's not very likely. Gold will continue to have value long after our fiat money is gone.
    Whether it will have "value" is a different question from whether people will want it as a day to day currency in the end times.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #57
    Student YamiB.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Seen
    08-14-09 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    261

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    There should be a progressive tax, flat taxes are horrible ideas that would just serve to crush the lower class.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    -Douglas Adams

    "It would be better not to know so many things than to know so many things that are not so."
    -Felix Okoye

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    -Aristotle

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Really. Then when the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and the White House, why did spending continue to rise? For that matter, why has government spending increased every year since 1965? If conservatives were really as committed to less spending as you claim, then one would think that at least ONCE in the last 44 years they would've managed to cut spending.

    Both Democrats and Republicans support government spending. Most Republicans just don't want to pay for it.
    Um, even if I were a person who supported what Republicans were doing, which I'm not, I was comparing Liberals and Conservatives, not Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    06-29-09 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's the only thing Liberals and Conservatives agree on.

    Where there's disagreement is rather there should be little tax and little spending or lots of tax and lots of spending.
    The problem is that a country NEEDS some socialism or else you end up with a plutocracy. Our nation is wealthy and progressive because of the socialism in our system.

    Can you name another country with the kind of system you repubs want? One without socialism?

  10. #60
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Federal Income Tax. You Pick the Rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    There should be no tax on income-only consumption. I totally oppose graduated income taxes because they give congress way too much power by pitting those who will suffer no tax increases against those who are targeted for tax hikes to buy the votes of the former groups
    The tax code is a weapon for the left; see AIG Taxation on bonuses.
    A tool to divide.
    A tool to create class warfare.
    A tool to control people.

    Without this weapon the left would lose a large potent mechanism for controlling the people.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-20-09 at 01:14 PM.
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •