View Poll Results: Question: Should I get this or my daughter's birthday?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great idea!

    16 55.17%
  • Terrible idea!

    10 34.48%
  • Other

    3 10.34%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 197

Thread: To buy or not to buy...

  1. #51
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Are you telling me that there is no functional difference between a hunting rifle and an assault rifle?
    That's exactly what I'm saying.



    You can't control how a bullet ricochets.
    Yes you can, don't fire it into concrete, hardwood, or ground that is so arid that it is rigid.





    When did you start school?
    Age 5, I wasn't adressing the pre-school angle as much as appropriate age angle of your argument.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #52
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I don't think the opponents know the lack of difference in functionality. They assume that there is a difference. I suppose technically, they oppose their looks. It's the look that has them assume that that they can fire in bursts. It's the assumed bursts that they oppose. They are assuming something and protesting that assumption based on looks.

    Whenever you find yourself in a debate about the AWB, make sure you point this out. I've seen people be really ignorant about guns. This was a good video. Bookmark it.
    First, the anti-gun crowd doesn't care about the facts in general, like the very fact that they do not have a leg to stand on when suggesting gun control in the U.S. they have to stretch semantics to the limit in order to violate the second and pass it off as legal, so why would this crowd care about the fact that "assault weapons" their meaningless term and definition don't exist as they define them and are no more dangerous than other weapons. Secondly, it has been pointed out repeatedly by the pro bill of rights side that there is little difference in the weapons and they don't care, it's not about guns, it's about control.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #53
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    First, the anti-gun crowd doesn't care about the facts in general, like the very fact that they do not have a leg to stand on when suggesting gun control in the U.S. they have to stretch semantics to the limit in order to violate the second and pass it off as legal, so why would this crowd care about the fact that "assault weapons" their meaningless term and definition don't exist as they define them and are no more dangerous than other weapons. Secondly, it has been pointed out repeatedly by the pro bill of rights side that there is little difference in the weapons and they don't care, it's not about guns, it's about control.
    Educate them. The fact that there is no difference between those and a hunting rifle is the strongest argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,637

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Educate them. The fact that there is no difference between those and a hunting rifle is the strongest argument.
    I'd imagine someone will chime in and say, "what difference does that make...they are both protected by the 2nd Amendment". This may be true, but, just as a precursor, it doesn't answer the question.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #55
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    66,686

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'd imagine someone will chime in and say, "what difference does that make...they are both protected by the 2nd Amendment". This may be true, but, just as a precursor, it doesn't answer the question.
    Yep, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  6. #56
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Educate them. The fact that there is no difference between those and a hunting rifle is the strongest argument.
    For those like yourself who are willing to ask the appropriate questions, I agree. There are the agendists and the brainwashed that are quite a bit more difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'd imagine someone will chime in and say, "what difference does that make...they are both protected by the 2nd Amendment". This may be true, but, just as a precursor, it doesn't answer the question.
    Fair statement. And I agree, the more knowledgable one is about the subject the better the chance of them coming to that understanding.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #57
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    A black ...or a pink AK 15
    NOT what our nation needs
    IMO, this is sick...
    But, then, we must be realistic......do we have the quality or intellect of people to be anti-gun, as I am ??....


    Some of us strive for higher intellect, so no, we choose instead of low quality prohibitionist intellect, we strive for the freedoms, our founding fathers envisioned.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  8. #58
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You can't win a fight with an imaginary weapon. That's why I'd bring a gun instead of my intellect to a fight.




    Even still with of the prohibitionists, can we consider them bringing thier intellect as being armed in the fight of "life"?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  9. #59
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Are you telling me that there is no functional difference between a hunting rifle and an assault rifle?



    no.


    "assault rifle" is a term invented by the media....







    ................................


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #60
    Matthew 16:3
    Tucker Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,364

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Even still with of the prohibitionists, can we consider them bringing thier intellect as being armed in the fight of "life"?
    I don't know. I was interested in the whole concept so I tested the "fighting my battles with intellect" theory this weekend.

    I walked up to a big dude and pushed him really hard to initiate the fight sequence. Here's how it went:

    Him: What the **** is your problem, asshole?!?!

    Me: The square root of 1849 is 43, bitch!!!

    Him: **** off before I kick your ass, you little weirdo. [Big dude takes threatening posture]

    Me: If all zips are zoodles and all zoodles are zonks, then logically speaking, all zips must therefore be zonks, pussy!!!

    Him: [Punches me in the face]

    Me: [On the ground now, bleeding profusely from my nose] Dr. Karl Landsteiner first identified the major human blood groups in 1901, ****tard!!!

    Him: [begins kicking me repeatedly in the chest]

    Me: [Wakes up in hospital] Ow.



    So I would have to say, that you cannot defeat a person in a fight using intellect.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •