View Poll Results: Question: Should I get this or my daughter's birthday?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great idea!

    16 55.17%
  • Terrible idea!

    10 34.48%
  • Other

    3 10.34%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 197

Thread: To buy or not to buy...

  1. #171
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Where have I ever expressed an opinion on firearms beyond calling for an acceptance of responsibility from the firearm community? In fact, show me anyone who has called for the confiscation of firearms?



    Is that a "no"?



    So you are not for the confiscation of my guns.

    Please answer so I have you on record.,


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #172
    Educator bilbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    10-22-09 @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    629

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    having a gun protects my liberty by having a change against someone who wishes to steal my positions and / or life.

    I would say my life is my greatest liberty.

    Do i have to be murdered, before having a gun is warranted to protect my liberty? Because if so i can get you the names of 1000's of people who have been murdered by criminals.
    George W. Bush is a liberal.

  3. #173
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbus View Post
    Having a gun protects my liberty by having a change against someone who wishes to steal my positions and / or life.

    I would say my life is my greatest liberty.
    Really, this answer is SO obvious that it shouldn't ever have to be given.

    But then, when dealing with people that reject reality and substitute their own...

  4. #174
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Is that a "no"?



    So you are not for the confiscation of my guns.

    Please answer so I have you on record.,
    **** your "record"

  5. #175
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    **** your "record"



    No need to lose self control and act this way. It is a simple question


    yes or no. Why do you avoid answering it?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  6. #176
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No need to lose self control and act this way. It is a simple question


    yes or no. Why do you avoid answering it?
    Because I refuse to pander to your gestapo tactics.

  7. #177
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Because I refuse to pander to your gestapo tactics.

    Right. You have trouble with being honest. This is just another in a long line of examples in your short history here.


    just when you send someone for my guns, come yourself, don't send someone elses son to come do your dirty work, ok?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  8. #178
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    21,968

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Where have I ever expressed an opinion on firearms beyond calling for an acceptance of responsibility from the firearm community? In fact, show me anyone who has called for the confiscation of firearms?
    Yeah. "Acceptance of responsibility from the firearm community."

    Nice one, Orwell. What does this "acceptance of responsibility" entail, specifically? Heavy on the "specifically."

    If you claim to be misrepresented, now's your chance to be crystal clear. If you don't take it, then conclusions may be fairly drawn.
    Last edited by Harshaw; 03-19-09 at 10:37 AM.
    2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
    2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.

  9. #179
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yeah. "Acceptance of responsibility from the firearm community."

    Nice one, Orwell. What does this "acceptance of responsibility entail, specifically? Heavy on the "specifically."

    If you claim to be misrepresented, now's your chance to be crystal clear. If you don't take it, then conclusions may be fairly drawn.




    Stop that! Stop those "gestapo tactics!"


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #180
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: To buy or not to buy...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yeah. "Acceptance of responsibility from the firearm community."

    Nice one, Orwell. What does this "acceptance of responsibility" entail, specifically? Heavy on the "specifically."

    If you claim to be misrepresented, now's your chance to be crystal clear. If you don't take it, then conclusions may be fairly drawn.
    As I have repeatedly stated, and will state again for your dim comprehension:
    The firearms community are the experts on the functionality and responsibilities of gun ownership. They are intimately familiar with the use and maintenance of guns. It would be logical for firearms enthusiasts to take the lead in controlling who has access to weapons. Which guns are useful in sports, protection, hunting? Which guns have little use except for crime? Which weapons should be rigidly licensed for ownership only by collectors? How can we effectively trace firearms crimes through spent bullets and residue? What sort of screening processes would reduce the possibility of guns being sold to people who intend to use them for murder?

    One would think the gun community would take the lead in these efforts to control access to weapons capable of mass murder. One would be wrong. On the contrary, the gun community has a knee-jerk reaction to any mention of gun control. They all seem to assume it is a slippery slope which does not end until federal agents are at their doors demanding their personal guns.

    This is my position...that gun owners should take the lead in controlling firearms. Police departments are very vocal about gun control, but gun owners, led by the NRA, resist all legislation and oppose existing legislation. It is ridiculous to infer that guns should be confiscated, and no one is suggesting that. However, gun owners need to act responsibly, and help find a solution to the escalating pattern of violence that seems to have no end.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •