View Poll Results: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 23.44%
  • No

    49 76.56%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 238 of 238

Thread: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

  1. #231
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,772

    Re: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Yeesh, I think we have accomplished complete thread derailment.

    We wins teh internets!
    Eh, nothing wrong with a little fun, now and then. Sometimes people take things too seriously around here.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #232
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Eh, nothing wrong with a little fun, now and then. Sometimes people take things too seriously around here.
    I agree, ever since I've learned to post pictures it's hard not to stop.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #233
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,772

    Re: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I agree, ever since I've learned to post pictures it's hard not to stop.
    Just don't post anything so big that it affects people's browsers. Then they get deleted.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #234
    Hi
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just don't post anything so big that it affects people's browsers. Then they get deleted.
    No problem. I'll try to stick to smaller pics.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #235
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Yeesh, I think we have accomplished complete thread derailment.

    We wins teh internets!
    pretty sure this is my favorite thread ever.

  6. #236
    Educator ronpaulvoter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 02:25 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    627

    fyi Re: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbus View Post
    Currently 40% of Americans pay no income tax, should these financial failures be permited to influence the country?

    Also should people on government assistence be permited to vote?

    I understand the "right" to vote can not be removed ... but what if?
    Check out this: Scroll down about halfway.

    Ed Leedskalnin
    Last edited by ronpaulvoter; 03-20-09 at 03:02 PM.

  7. #237
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Warren and Barrington, R.I.
    Last Seen
    05-24-10 @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,877

    Re: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Perfect example of why this might be a good idea.
    -
    So, are you saying that retired people should not vote???
    -
    I don't know your status but all the tax money retired people payed out has helped many people on WELFARE!!!
    Mommy I am only 10 years old and I was surprised to kick the ass of that Pussy. Son that Pussy didn't listen to S.S.1

  8. #238
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Should voting be limited to Americans who pay Income tax

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbus View Post
    Currently 40% of Americans pay no income tax, should these financial failures be permited to influence the country?

    Also should people on government assistence be permited to vote?

    I understand the "right" to vote can not be removed ... but what if?
    Hey there used to be this system in certain countries...two centuries ago.

    In France you had to pay over 300F of "cens" to vote, and over 1000F to be elected, until 1848

    There was the same in Prussia, in Romania and in Belgium, also until...1848

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •