View Poll Results: Read the intro and vote accordingly

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    4 19.05%
  • no

    13 61.90%
  • maybe

    4 19.05%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    No, that pretty much is another vitriolic hack piece.

  2. #72
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Translation: You made points so illogical and hurled smears so ignorant (http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1057953080 (Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban)) that I stopped reading...so you called me a homo and started hurling impotent grade school taunts at every turn.

    You're officially a liberal.

    There's a reason so many people ignore your posts.
    I'm hoping you will take this opportunity to become so knowledgeable about Afghanistan that no one will be able to dispute your POV.

    I know you can do it.

    OBL 11/24/02

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    America (A.K.A., a red state)
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What SMEAR? I actually agree with you you silly little man. Democrats and Liberals are evil and you're completely in the right. I mean seriously. They want to cause another 9/11. They want Americans to die. You are 100% correct in your politically unbiased and rational assessment of the situation.
    Again, you resort to misrepresenting my claim as being that Democrats are Disney Villains, rather than that they are visionless absolutists and cowards. As usual, I'll take this as further confirmation that you have no counterpoint.

    Last edited by aquapub; 03-10-09 at 08:36 PM.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner (paraphrasing James Bovard).

  4. #74
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    I realize you're a liberal, but there are these things called history books. If you pick one up sometime and read it (top to bottom, left to right), you'll discover that conservatives really aren't just dreaming up elaborate stories every time they talk about things that happened more than five minutes ago.
    I'm laughing considering your following post. My irony meter just broke. Thanks for proving me 100% correct. And nice to see you don't understand what liberalism is. Care to look at how Navy fared when he called me a liberal?

    In 1982, Ronald Reagan said that we "could not afford to allow Iraq to lose the war to Iran", and that the United States "would do whatever was necessary to prevent Iraq from losing the war with Iran."
    And how exactly is that the same thing? How did Reagan apply the same tactics used in Malaya, Northern Ireland and Iraq? Us forces weren't even fighting in the Iraq-Iran war, nor did was the conflict a COIN operation.

    Hint: it's not.

    History books you say? How was hot interstate conflict that did not use asymmetrical warfare the same as the British engagement in Malaya?

    Me thinks your argument is scrambling for words.

    Ever since, liberals have been morally equating us with Saddam, acting as if our early support for him invalidated our removal of him more than 20 years later, after a decade of failed diplomacy, genocide, and terror-sponsoring.
    ...and that's related to this discussion how?

    Yet now that Democrats are in office, it's not only okay to get our hands dirty, but its even okay to work with a regime that facilitated 9/11 and still hides bin Laden.
    A regime? The Taliban of 2009 is a loose mix of Bin Laden's organization, local fighters and everything in between.

    Are you failing to comprehend basic facts and evidence again?
    Interesting how you level that accusation against me, yet refuse to address my posts as well as how you also refuse to level that accusation against Bkhad who's saying the same stuff.

    Jallman is again, correct on his assertions.

    Oh the illiteracy is coming out. If you bothered to actually read anything I've said, you would have noticed my question...are both the "moderates" and the hard core jihadists not hiding bin Laden?
    Wait. Your's? You chastise Obama for doing what Bush did. You know, making up things to suit your arguments isn't a good way of debating.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #75
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Some of the Taliban did accept our offers. In fact, that is why we had such success in the fall of '01, because we had engagement with a wide variety of Taliban commanders and local tribal leaders -- because our enemy, it was not necessarily the Taliban, and certainly not Afghanistan. Our enemy was Al Qaeda. They are the ones that attacked us on 9/11, and I think that's an important distinction.

    And [Afghan] President [Hamid] Karzai, [has had] ongoing efforts to talk to the Taliban, to have them lay down their arms and come into a legitimate form of government. I think that's reasonable and that should be continued, especially if they give up other Al Qaeda allies, if we can get to bin Laden and other leaders.
    FRONTLINE: the war briefing: interviews: henry crumpton | PBS

    OBL 11/24/02

  6. #76
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the TalibanQuit the ****, Kapeesh?
    I would inform tal that the correct spelling is capeche, but i fear it may result in an insubordination penalty with 10 points and a 2 day suspension

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  7. #77
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 11:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    I would inform tal that the correct spelling is capeche, but i fear it may result in an insubordination penalty with 10 points and a 2 day suspension
    Italian term or phrase: capice
    Italian

    English translation:do you understand? do you get it?
    Explanation:
    usually in the form of a question; the standard Italian form should be "capisci" (second person, informal) or "capisce" (third person, formal)
    In the American form the last vowel is dropped, but in Italian all vowels are pronounced.
    capice

    OBL 11/24/02

  8. #78
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    **** you







    j/k

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,420
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by aquapub View Post
    Yeah, how could Islamic fundamentalists who deliberately facilitated the murder of 3,000 Americans possibly be misconstrued as an enemy?
    I prefer to think and reason beyond the silly and childish friends/enemies thing...
    Its the extremists who are the problem...that and their ignorance and fear..let them die off and be replaced with those who can think rationally....But I see little wrong in accelerating the process...Its tough, but we must know why these murderous animals hate us so...This is why I favor "negotation"...
    They could learn something, and so can we...

  10. #80
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Littleton, Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-21-15 @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,036

    Re: Democrats Reverse U.S. Policy, Negotiate With Terrorists-Even the Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't think negotiations accessorized by a Stryker brigade and platoons of marines is neccessarily what I would call "grovel, appease, and surrender". But let's not let facts get in the way of your blogging enjoyment.

    Um...how dare you. It's Marines...not "marines."

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •