View Poll Results: Is Obama somewhat to blame for the earmarks in the $410 billion spending bill?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (explain)

    3 37.50%
  • No (explain)

    5 62.50%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

  1. #51
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Are you trolling? Clearly we've addressed this already and it was ME who brought up that he would go over the budget line by line and then didn't do so. You are not debating.



    Are you still complaining? If you don't like what I am posting, show some self control and not respond.

    Real simple Lerxst. Crying that I am trolling because your feeling are easily hurt given your history is hypocritical at best.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #52
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,183

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post


    So I just want to see how many people actually think Obama is somehow involved in the earmarks of this new spending bill.
    When Obama does this "Oh no the sky is gonna fall if this bill doesn't pass right away" and signs these bills despite the pork then it is his fault because he is encouraging more pork,just like when Bush was in office and all that pork projects that happened under him. The only reason to rush any bill is so it gets passed with little or no opposition by politicians and voters(a rushed bill has less time in the media) and this leads to politicians throwing in all kinds of unrelated things into the bill. He just all those other politicians he can sit there and read the damn bill before signing. He can even take a red marker and use it to mark what he wants outs and tell them he is not going to sign it unless those things are out of it. Unless he veto's something,he shares some of the responsibility.

    The president is not some mindless drone that has to sign everything that reaches his desk,he can say no and veto the damn thing. If the other politicians do not like the fact he vetoed something then can try to get enough votes to over ride his veto.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 03-09-09 at 10:11 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #53
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    When Obama does this "Oh no the sky is gonna fall if this bill doesn't pass right away" and signs these bills despite the pork then it is his fault because he is encouraging more pork,just like when Bush was in office and all that pork projects that happened under him. The only reason to rush any bill is so it gets passed with little or no opposition by politicians and voters(a rushed bill has less time in the media) and this leads to politicians throwing in all kinds of unrelated things into the bill. He just all those other politicians he can sit there and read the damn bill before signing. He can even take a red marker and use it to mark what he wants outs and tell them he is not going to sign it unless those things are out of it. Unless he veto's something,he shares some of the responsibility.

    The president is not some mindless drone that has to sign everything that reaches his desk,he can say no and veto the damn thing. If the other politicians do not like the fact he vetoed something then can try to get enough votes to over ride his veto.
    And this is exactly part of the system I was talking about. Bills that almost thousands of pages long. Congress does this quite intentionally. The President is complicit. It's the way it's been done for years. Obama is no different than any other politician in this regard.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  4. #54
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And this is exactly part of the system I was talking about. Bills that almost thousands of pages long. Congress does this quite intentionally. The President is complicit. It's the way it's been done for years. Obama is no different than any other politician in this regard.



    did Obama not promise to BE different. How do you feel about him not being different?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #55
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    did Obama not promise to BE different. How do you feel about him not being different?
    I think he's a true politician. He says what he needs to get elected. He breaks promises. Nothing new.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-22-16 @ 07:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,215

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    did Obama not promise to BE different. How do you feel about him not being different?
    He is lifting the embryonic stem cell ban. That is a difference.

  7. #57
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I think he's a true politician. He says what he needs to get elected. He breaks promises. Nothing new.



    And you voted for him? If so what does that say?


    See I couldn't vote for either, as the amount of lies and crap they spewed were something I would not lower my integrity for....

    Hell even the Libertarian candidate was a fool.



    That said, the excuse "but everyone is doing it" rings hollow to me. It is giving a pass to your man, one that IIRC you did not afford Bush... Why is there a different level of allowances for failure to you between the two presidents?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  8. #58
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    And you voted for him? If so what does that say?
    I voted for GWB in 2000 too. Guess I'll never learn. What it says is that I'm a realist and I supported the guy I personally felt to be the best for the job. I had serious reservations about McCain, specifically his allegiance to GWB. I am not so gullible as to believe that a politician will be everything I want him or her to be...so I hedge my bet on the one that will most likely address issues that are important to me in a way I want to see them addressed.


    See I couldn't vote for either, as the amount of lies and crap they spewed were something I would not lower my integrity for....

    Hell even the Libertarian candidate was a fool.
    Did you sit out?


    That said, the excuse "but everyone is doing it" rings hollow to me. It is giving a pass to your man, one that IIRC you did not afford Bush... Why is there a different level of allowances for failure to you between the two presidents?
    Well there you go, you have your opinion and I have mine. Obama just started his Presidency. He's lied about spending, Bush lied us into a war and spending. Bush had eight years to make it right, he did not. Obama has less than four months on the job. I'll give him the same allowance I gave Bush.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 03-09-09 at 11:24 AM.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •