View Poll Results: Is Obama somewhat to blame for the earmarks in the $410 billion spending bill?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (explain)

    3 37.50%
  • No (explain)

    5 62.50%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

  1. #31
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Why must you troll? When I posted this we were cross posting...me with this post you with your admission that you were wrong. Check the times before you go on the attack maybe?

    /sniff sniff


    Perhaps you should follow your own advice. I treat you as you treat me. the "/sniff sniff" is yours after all.


    The relationship to what? The two bills? I'm not complaining, I'm clarifying for you as you obviously didn't even read the OP before launching into your assault. The OP was regarding the FY2009 Ominbus spending bill, you linked a video to the stimulus bill and went on the attack. You were corrected three or four times about this before you realized your mistake. Why are you backing up and going on the attack after already realizing you were caught?

    I am at a loss as to what the hell you are talking about now. Obama promised no earmarks, while I linked him saying it about a different bill, it in no way diminishes the fact that he promise to cut this wasteful spending...


    I can't make it any simpler for you, sorry.





    He's a politician, I don't expect him not to break his campaign promises. If his lips are moving he's probably lying. "Read my ilps!" It's nothing new. Both he and McCain were selling us a bill of goods on earmarks. They are around one percent of the total budget....OOHHHHHH huge fight against wasteful spending there. I don't care about earmark reform because it's a political ruse to take the focus off our governments inefficiency and mismanagement of much larger spending issues.

    Well it's called "integrity", both of these canidates lied. I find your "because everyone does it" as lacking in moral character.


    Well here you are being deliberately insulting to me. I think I clearly stated I did not know if he had ever promised to end earmarks, in fact your own article doesn't cite him "ending earmarks." It says he promised to reduce them to 1994 levels. I also found where he said he would not offer earmarks himself as a Senator and he would reduce earmarks. Now, can you show me where he promised to end ear marks? Please? It's your argument and you are beating me up over it. You can however continue to insult me all you like.

    You spend your forum life insulting me up here. I find your refusal to see facts rather humerous. Sorry you find that insulting.


    No, stop and please read...really read....what I posted. I've asked for evidence that Obama said he would end all earmarks. Please show that first. So let me ask you something. You have said he promised to end earmarks, now you are saying he promised to take a scalpel to it. Which one is it? Or did he make both promises. The scalpel comment I remember, and it's inline with his promise to reduce earmarks to 1994 levels and fight pork (he obviously isn't doing that with this bill).



    See above.

    Oh boy, the semantics game...

    He said both, see my new link, I have a bunch of them.... I am just letting you have the rope a little at a time. It was fun last time, so why the hell not right lerxst.







    Well your own link in no way shows any promise by him to end earmarks. So rather than blatantly insult me, why don't you go find us some actual evidence of him promising to end all earmarks. Remember, this is your case, not mine. I pointed out that he promised not to offer earmarks as a Senator during his campaign. Which he kept. He promised to "reduce" earmarks to 1994 levels, which is included in the article you followed up with. He is probably going to fail this as well should he ever see the actual bill.



    You can drop the insults anytime and focus on the issues. You have some substantiating to do. I'll wait.



    Are you going to complain in each and every post you make to me? Please let me know, thanks!


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #32
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    And so it begins....


    Here is another


    "During the presidential campaign last fall, Mr. Obama pledged not to sign legislation laden with billions in earmarks. His Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, has steadfastly and admirably refused to ask for earmarked funds and remains the leading opponent of the wasteful practice."


    Budget Pork Will Bedevil Obama -- Courant.com




    Please by all means don't let facts get in the way of your partisan rhetoric.,
    Okay stop. You are doing it again. Let's take this a step at a time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hellhound
    Really, so he never campaigned on ending earmarks in bills as a canidate? are you sure about that? either you are dishonest or ignorant of your man Obama...

    Which is is lerxst?
    Your position. Your words. You said he campaigned to end earmarks. My challenge to you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst
    Is this to support your claim he would end earmarks? I've read the article. Since it was your evidence, I'll let you show me where you find his promise to end earmarks. I know he promised earmark reform, but find no evidence of ending earmarks. Are you sure you want to maintain this position Reverend Hellhound?
    You've not addressed that with this article. In fact nowhere in the article does it state anything about a campaign promise to end earmarks.

    Now if you want to abandon your claim he promised to end earmarks, (which is advisable given he never did that and your "evidence" doesn't show that he did) that is fine. We can focus on the fact that he said he would go line item by line item to eliminate wasteful spending and reduce earmarks to 1994 levels if you want. Because we know he promised to do that and is certainly not keep his promise here.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  3. #33
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Awesome Lerxst, you win the semantics game....



    Obama campaigned on ending earmarks, pork, and taking a scaple to the existing budget. He also campaigned on reeling in government spending. He has lied on all fronts here. This is my position. Are you stating with that silly 1994 crap that this is untrue?


    yes or no.




    YouTube - Barack Obama Stimulus Plan "Without Earmarks"



    No earmarks?
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-09-09 at 09:14 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  4. #34
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?



    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  5. #35
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?



    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  6. #36
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    PolitiFact | Spending bill wasn't candidate Obama's "type," Boehner points out

    ""The president campaigned against this type of legislation.""








    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  7. #37
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Awesome Lerxst, you win the semantics game....
    Semantics? Is that what this is now? Semantics? You're excusing your argument as being lost on semantics?

    "Obama is a Muslim."

    "No he's not, he went to a Muslim school for a short time as a young boy."

    "Okay, you win the semantics game! "

    You got one part correct however.



    Obama campaigned on ending earmarks,
    No he did not, you need to prove this.

    pork, and taking a scaple to the existing budget.
    I saw you try to sneak that in there. The existing budget huh? He made a campaign promise to take a scalpel to the FY2009 budget that was developed by Congress under Bush? Or did he make a campaign promise to take a scalpel to spending bills and go line item by line item? The problem here is not that I disagree with him breaking his promise on this spending bill, the problem is you injecting your own little opinion about what he actually promised to do. You are inserting words into his mouth in order to guide the argument your way.

    He also campaigned on reeling in government spending. He has lied on all fronts here. This is my position. Are you stating with that silly 1994 crap that this is untrue?
    He absolutely did campaign on reeling in government spending, and he is not doing that. Your position that he has campaigned to end earmarks is wrong. You can't support it. And that silly 1994 crap is what is known as a fact and it's in one of the articles you cited as evidence supporting your case. Did you read your own article there Reverend? You might wanna go back and check it out real fast.

    yes or no
    You don't get the luxury of framing the argument to suit your losing position here. Sorry. Not when you consistently duck and dodge your own mistakes.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  8. #38
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Why do you keep spamming videos of the stimulus package earmark issue? We've already addressed this issue and I've stated I'm in agreement that it had earmarks.

    Are you trying to substantiate this as his campaign to "end earmarks?" Seriously?
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  9. #39
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Semantics? Is that what this is now? Semantics? You're excusing your argument as being lost on semantics?

    "Obama is a Muslim."

    "No he's not, he went to a Muslim school for a short time as a young boy."

    "Okay, you win the semantics game! "

    You got one part correct however.

    Yeah that's the same thing.... Do you consider your thoughts before you post?




    No he did not, you need to prove this.

    I keep providing him in his own words. you want to once again re-frame the argument and narrow it so you can think you win.


    It is highly entertaining to watch you shuffle.



    I saw you try to sneak that in there. The existing budget huh? He made a campaign promise to take a scalpel to the FY2009 budget that was developed by Congress under Bush? Or did he make a campaign promise to take a scalpel to spending bills and go line item by line item? The problem here is not that I disagree with him breaking his promise on this spending bill, the problem is you injecting your own little opinion about what he actually promised to do. You are inserting words into his mouth in order to guide the argument your way.


    I am posting him in his own words, you again want to make highly specific arguments on positions that are not quite what I said.


    it is fail, and it is usual.





    He absolutely did campaign on reeling in government spending, and he is not doing that. Your position that he has campaigned to end earmarks is wrong. You can't support it. And that silly 1994 crap is what is known as a fact and it's in one of the articles you cited as evidence supporting your case. Did you read your own article there Reverend? You might wanna go back and check it out real fast.

    Yawn...... so you agree with me but want to argue semantics. Noted.






    You don't get the luxury of framing the argument to suit your losing position here. Sorry. Not when you consistently duck and dodge your own mistakes.

    at your blindness to your own behavior. Your limbaugh thread that I ended is check and mate to your unwillingness to admit you were wrong....


    This one is shaping up to be the next one....



    I will repeat:


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    PolitiFact | Spending bill wasn't candidate Obama's "type," Boehner points out

    ""The president campaigned against this type of legislation.""








    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #40
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,976

    Re: Obama to blame for earmarks in spending bill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Why do you keep spamming videos of the stimulus package earmark issue? We've already addressed this issue and I've stated I'm in agreement that it had earmarks.

    Are you trying to substantiate this as his campaign to "end earmarks?" Seriously?



    goofy semantics... oh fun......


    Please read my posts and address my actual points.... Note "end earmarks" and note his stating "no earmarks" in my videos that you cackle and cry as "spam".... then get back to me.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •