View Poll Results: Did you want to marry the person that you are married to?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    3 75.00%
  • No.

    1 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Did you want to...

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,026

    Did you want to...

    Question is simple. For those that are married and live in the US.

    Did you want to marry the person that you are married to?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #2
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Did you want to...

    if you're trying to prove that heterosexuals in the US can marry whoever they want, you're asking the wrong question.

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,026

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    if you're trying to prove that heterosexuals in the US can marry whoever they want, you're asking the wrong question.
    No I'm not. Just answer the question if you are married please. There's not much to debate with this question. It's just a simple yes or no question.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #4
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No I'm not. Just answer the question if you are married please. There's not much to debate with this question. It's just a simple yes or no question.
    I'm not married. good luck with your poll.

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Sinister
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133,850

    Re: Did you want to...

    Kal'Stang, what is your point or what are you trying to get to?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #6
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Did you want to...

    I am just waiting for Crip and Tucker to see this...

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,026

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Kal'Stang, what is your point or what are you trying to get to?
    Quite frankly I'm tired of people saying that heterosexuals don't get to marry who they want.

    Example A:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    1: Do homosexuals get to marry who they want? 2: Do heterosexuals get to marry who they want? 3: Are the answers the same?

    1: No.
    2: Yes.
    3: No.

    Where is the morality in those questions? Is there logic to those questions? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    First, the answer to both 1 and 2 is "no". There may be fewer laws restricting whom one is allowed to marry than there were forty years ago, but there are still considerable restrictions.

    And the morality in those questions is the unproven moral assumption that the answer to 3 is supposed to be "yes". Considering that that's the assumption we are trying to prove by logic, the fact that you are simply assuming the answer without addressing it means that you are misusing logic.
    This poll is to show that statements like the one here in the example are not correct. That those that are against gay marriage are just trying to play semantics when they know darn well what a person means when they say that "heterosexuals are allowed to marry who they want while homosexuals are not".

    This thread is to stop that nonsense.

    So I ask that all married folks answer this question please.

    My only concern is that some won't answer it because they know where it's going to lead to.

    Edit note: made an addition to make a correction.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 03-08-09 at 04:50 AM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #8
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Did you want to...

    oh so when I said

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    if you're trying to prove that heterosexuals in the US can marry whoever they want, you're asking the wrong question.
    and you answered

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No I'm not...It's just a simple yes or no question.
    what you meant was

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Quite frankly I'm tired of people saying that heterosexuals don't get to marry who they want. This thread is to stop that nonsense.
    interesting, I'll keep this in mind when debating with you in the future. *makes note to self: Kal'Stang sometimes tells outright lies. keep an eye on this one.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,026

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    oh so when I said



    and you answered



    what you meant was



    interesting, I'll keep this in mind when debating with you in the future. *makes note to self: Kal'Stang sometimes tells outright lies. keep an eye on this one.
    Emdash....don't ever call me a liar. And stop playing the semantics game.

    if you're trying to prove that heterosexuals in the US can marry whoever they want,
    This statement was leading up to this...

    you're asking the wrong question.
    First part is a statement, second part is telling me that I asked the wrong question.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #10
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Emdash....don't ever call me a liar. And stop playing the semantics game.



    This statement was leading up to this...



    First part is a statement, second part is telling me that I asked the wrong question.
    you said it was a simple yes or no question requiring no debate when you were really trying to prove by the poll results that heterosexuals can marry whoever they want. aside from asking the wrong question, which you are definitely doing, you are being deliberately deceptive by oversimplifying a complex issue to manipulate the responses you get.

    why not ask people this:

    Married people, when you went to the state to fill out your marriage license, did you check a box telling uncle sam which gender you secretly find more attractive? did you swear under oath that you were in love with the person you were marrying?

    because everyone would answer no. no, uncle sam doesn't ask. uncle sam doesn't care. but that's not the answer you want, and that's not the answer that will win your argument for you, so you PLAY WITH SEMANTICS to change the results. now you can go to korymir and say, SEE, all of these people who answered my poll really did marry who they wanted.

    if you are not a liar it is only by the grace of semantics, so if I were you I'd stop bashing them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •