View Poll Results: Did you want to marry the person that you are married to?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    3 75.00%
  • No.

    1 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Did you want to...

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,919

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    you said it was a simple yes or no question requiring no debate when you were really trying to prove by the poll results that heterosexuals can marry whoever they want. aside from asking the wrong question, which you are definitely doing, you are being deliberately deceptive by oversimplifying a complex issue to manipulate the responses you get.

    why not ask people this:

    Married people, when you went to the state to fill out your marriage license, did you check a box telling uncle sam which gender you secretly find more attractive? did you swear under oath that you were in love with the person you were marrying?

    because everyone would answer no. no, uncle sam doesn't ask. uncle sam doesn't care. but that's not the answer you want, and that's not the answer that will win your argument for you, so you PLAY WITH SEMANTICS to change the results. now you can go to korymir and say, SEE, all of these people who answered my poll really did marry who they wanted.

    if you are not a liar it is only by the grace of semantics, so if I were you I'd stop bashing them.
    I am asking a straight forward question. I do not play semantics with others. I tell it like it is and expect people to answer me honestly. I have no respect for anyone that plays dumb and goes into semantical arguements trying to prove how wrong a person is when they know damn well what the real question is about. Everyone here knows that you cannot marry your first cousin in most states because it is considered incest. Everyone here knows that you cannot marry a child. Everyone here knows that you cannot marry a goat. Everyone here knows that you cannot marry more than one person. Everyone here knows that homosexuals do not get to marry who they want (someone of the same sex) while heterosexuals do get to marry who they want (someone of the opposite sex).

    Play it straight with me or don't play at all. I am not dumb and neither is anyone else here. People that are would be drumbed out of the DP because no one suffers fools here. That is why I like it here. Because people here are not dumb.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #12
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I am asking a straight forward question. I do not play semantics with others. I tell it like it is and expect people to answer me honestly. I have no respect for anyone that plays dumb and goes into semantical arguements trying to prove how wrong a person is when they know damn well what the real question is about. Everyone here knows that you cannot marry your first cousin in most states because it is considered incest. Everyone here knows that you cannot marry a child. Everyone here knows that you cannot marry a goat. Everyone here knows that you cannot marry more than one person. Everyone here knows that homosexuals do not get to marry who they want (someone of the same sex) while heterosexuals do get to marry who they want (someone of the opposite sex).
    listen, all of those things you said everyone knows--cousin, child, goat, group--all of those things prove that marriage is never a "do whatever you want" kind of deal. so the fact that homosexuals can't "do whatever they want" IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. the whole point here is that there are restrictions. a current restriction prevents men from marrying men. show why that is wrong, and don't just say "they should be able to do what they want" when that has never been what civil marriage is about.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,919

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    listen, all of those things you said everyone knows--cousin, child, goat, group--all of those things prove that marriage is never a "do whatever you want" kind of deal. so the fact that homosexuals can't "do whatever they want" IS NOT AN ARGUMENT. the whole point here is that there are restrictions. a current restriction prevents men from marrying men. show why that is wrong, and don't just say "they should be able to do what they want" when that has never been what civil marriage is about.
    You are again going into semantics.

    18 year old heterosexual male meets 18 year old heterosexual female. They fall in love and marry each other because they want to get married.

    18 year old homosexual male meets 18 year old homosexual male. They fall in love and CANNOT marry each other even though they want to.

    That is what the homosexuals want. To be able to marry the person that they fall in love with. They do not want to marry their first cousin. They do not want to marry a goat. They do not want to marry multiple partners. (well some might but then again some heterosexuals do to but in this case heterosexuals are denied also, which means no unequality) They do not want to marry a child.

    Homosexuals are not asking for more rights: ie marry a goat. They're wanting to marry someone of the same sex. The people that they want to marry.

    The whole arguement about laws restricting various things does not work here because they are trying to CHANGE the restricting laws. They are trying to change it to where they are allowed to marry who they want. Within the same confines as a heterosexual being able to marry who they want.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #14
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You are again going into semantics.

    18 year old heterosexual male meets 18 year old heterosexual female. They fall in love and marry each other because they want to get married.

    18 year old homosexual male meets 18 year old homosexual male. They fall in love and CANNOT marry each other even though they want to.

    That is what the homosexuals want. To be able to marry the person that they fall in love with. They do not want to marry their first cousin. They do not want to marry a goat. They do not want to marry multiple partners. (well some might but then again some heterosexuals do to but in this case heterosexuals are denied also, which means no unequality) They do not want to marry a child.

    Homosexuals are not asking for more rights: ie marry a goat. They're wanting to marry someone of the same sex. The people that they want to marry.

    The whole arguement about laws restricting various things does not work here because they are trying to CHANGE the restricting laws. They are trying to change it to where they are allowed to marry who they want. Within the same confines as a heterosexual being able to marry who they want.
    arguing "because they want it" is meaningless because you intend to limit that argument to requests YOU consider to be reasonable. if that's all you've got, I'm done debating with you.

    oh and by the way, they ARE asking for more rights. marrying someone of the same sex or marrying a goat, as you put it, are both "more rights" because they are not "existing rights." (if indeed marriage is a right, which I don't think it is.)

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,919

    Re: Did you want to...

    Wow..someone married thier spouse and didn't want to? Please do tell....Why did you marry your spouse if you didn't want to?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    26,919

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    arguing "because they want it" is meaningless because you intend to limit that argument to requests YOU consider to be reasonable. if that's all you've got, I'm done debating with you.

    oh and by the way, they ARE asking for more rights. marrying someone of the same sex or marrying a goat, as you put it, are both "more rights" because they are not "existing rights." (if indeed marriage is a right, which I don't think it is.)
    Sorry that I won't play the semantics game with you.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #17
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Did you want to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sorry that I won't play the semantics game with you.
    sorry that a cursory glance at the language you choose to employ betrays the lack of substance in your argument.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •