View Poll Results: How do you rate the Obama WH and Congress' performance thus far?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I voted for Obama and I'm pleased

    16 20.00%
  • I voted for Obama and I'm unimpressed

    5 6.25%
  • I voted for Obama and I'm not pleased

    3 3.75%
  • I voted for another and I'm pleased

    2 2.50%
  • I voted for another and I'm unimpressed

    9 11.25%
  • I voted for another and I'm not pleased

    24 30.00%
  • I did not vote and I'm pleased

    2 2.50%
  • I did not vote and I'm unimpressed

    3 3.75%
  • I did not vote and I'm not pleased

    9 11.25%
  • Other (Explain)

    7 8.75%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: Rate the administration

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!
    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Rate the administration

    I'm just curious as to where people stand now that Obama and Congress have passed the largest spending bill in history and the economy is falling deeper into recession/depression. With the stock market reaching it's lowest point in more than a decade (the Clinton years), and GM on the brink of implosion, are you happy with the performance of the Obama WH and Congress thus far?
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,076

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    I'm just curious as to where people stand now that Obama and Congress have passed the largest spending bill in history and the economy is falling deeper into recession/depression. With the stock market reaching it's lowest point in more than a decade (the Clinton years), and GM on the brink of implosion, are you happy with the performance of the Obama WH and Congress thus far?
    No. Thanks to Obama and the rest of the Democrats we have spent more in 2 months than Bush did in 7 years of Iraq war.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #3
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Rate the administration

    Well, government spending is the only way out of the Bush depression, so.
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    09-29-16 @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rate the administration

    Other

    I didn't vote and I need more time before I rate his administration.

    I'm not pleased with the massive bailout/stimulus/budget plans(based on my conservative lean regarding economic issues) put forth by the Obama administration(and Bush), but I realize that they haven't had time to be implemented nor has there been enough time to gauge the results of these plans.

    Plus there are many other facets to an administration, outside of our economy that need to be weighed. He's just gotten started, and I feel its only fair to give the man some time, before I rate his efforts. Thats not to say I won't be critical, or voice my opposition to his actions as they happen. But I realize things take time to come to fruition and somethings work out in the end, despite it seeming fruitless or worthless at the time.

    I doubt I will have high regards for his administration, just based on the ideological differences between my views and his, but I said I would give the man a fair shake and thats what I am doing.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,076

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    Well, government spending is the only way out of the Bush depression, so.
    That is a myth. The economy would have been alot better off if they had let companies like AIG fail. Yes it would have hurt. But in the long run we would have been far better off. All this spending has done is put us in worse debt and has made the economy go to crap alot faster. What so many people fail to realize is that the value of our dollar is dependant on how much our debt and deficit is. The more they are the less the dollar is worth. The less the dollar is worth the harder it is to pay for the same amount of materials/services as you did before the fall of the value of the dollar. Which hurts companies which in turn hurts the common people.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #6
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    That is a myth. The economy would have been alot better off if they had let companies like AIG fail.
    Uh....letting AIG go would effectively destroy much of the insurance industry. Those policies would then be marked down in a massive fire sale causing other insurance agencies to have to take massive charges on their financials. Much of the credit default swap market would vanish and likely we'd get some crackpots in office outlawing them which will hurt us in the long run. What you propose is essentially to let large sectors of the financial sector collapse and then slowly rebuild. Just how long do you expect your savings to last you through the decade long depression? AIG is being kept alive because its tentacles have reached into so many industries and places that letting them go would pull the rug out of things we normally wouldn't think about.

    All this spending has done is put us in worse debt and has made the economy go to crap alot faster.
    Some of it.

    What so many people fail to realize is that the value of our dollar is dependant on how much our debt and deficit is.
    Actually, like all fiat money, our dollar's value is dependent upon perception of value. If people don't think it has any value then it doesn't. Our level of debt is somewhat relevant but as seen in the past couple months, rising levels of debt really haven't caused our currency to tank.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,076

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Uh....letting AIG go would effectively destroy much of the insurance industry. Those policies would then be marked down in a massive fire sale causing other insurance agencies to have to take massive charges on their financials. Much of the credit default swap market would vanish and likely we'd get some crackpots in office outlawing them which will hurt us in the long run. What you propose is essentially to let large sectors of the financial sector collapse and then slowly rebuild. Just how long do you expect your savings to last you through the decade long depression? AIG is being kept alive because its tentacles have reached into so many industries and places that letting them go would pull the rug out of things we normally wouldn't think about.
    I have no credit. I do not use credit cards and the only insurence company I use is to put full coverage insurence on my car. I pay it in full every time it's time to pay it. I do not spend more than I have. I do not buy something if I cannot afford to pay it in full. This has kept me out of debt. The only time that having no credit has affected me is when I applied for a quick refund for my taxes. They actually turned me down for the quick refund. No big...I just had to wait a couple extra weeks to pay for some things I needed.

    And you do know that when something is built slowly it is stronger than if something is built quickly.


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Some of it.
    Might want to explain this....was not all of the money for the stimulus package not borrowed? And borrowing money is the main cause of what puts people in debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Actually, like all fiat money, our dollar's value is dependent upon perception of value. If people don't think it has any value then it doesn't. Our level of debt is somewhat relevant but as seen in the past couple months, rising levels of debt really haven't caused our currency to tank.
    You are correct here. The value of our money is also about perception. Tell me what do you think the value of our dollar is when you see so much of it being borrowed? Who would you trust to loan money to, the person with the most borrowed money/debt...or the person with the least borrowed money/debt?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #8
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    03-10-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by P/N View Post
    I'm just curious as to where people stand now that Obama and Congress have passed the largest spending bill in history and the economy is falling deeper into recession/depression. With the stock market reaching it's lowest point in more than a decade (the Clinton years), and GM on the brink of implosion, are you happy with the performance of the Obama WH and Congress thus far?
    These things are unrelated. The economic downtimes were brought on by the Bush administration. Obama has only been in office a couple of months. You cant possibly put this on him.

    He is doing the best he can with a horrible situation created by the republican morons, so yes, he is doing a decent job. But his job is not only the economy, and on the rest of the things he is doing a below expectation job.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    27,076

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    These things are unrelated. The economic downtimes were brought on by the Bush administration. Obama has only been in office a couple of months. You cant possibly put this on him.

    He is doing the best he can with a horrible situation created by the republican morons, so yes, he is doing a decent job. But his job is not only the economy, and on the rest of the things he is doing a below expectation job.
    Why do so many people blame this on Bush when it was the democrats deregulation that caused this before Bush became prez? Hell when Bush was president he even tried to bring back more regulation, which would have stopped this crisis cold in it's tracks, to the likes of Fannie Mae...which the Democrats blocked.

    [youtube]SCTxZa9kpSI[/youtube]
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #10
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-28-16 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,686
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Why do so many people blame this on Bush when it was the democrats deregulation that caused this before Bush became prez? Hell when Bush was president he even tried to bring back more regulation, which would have stopped this crisis cold in it's tracks, to the likes of Fannie Mae...which the Democrats blocked.

    [youtube]SCTxZa9kpSI[/youtube]
    Because ignorance is bliss.

    They live in a blissful world... Back to the Vin de Table, baguette, Brie... and Bush bashing, as they light up another Gauloises.. and impress each other with their ignorant world view.

    How else do you get something as backwards as Old Europe?
    Or Obama?

    How else can you ignore a core element of what we are experiencing?
    The catalyst?

    And then dance around like it's not there, not to be explored, dissected, and eliminated?

    Where are the public hearings?
    Why isn't Dodd and Frank testifying?
    Raines and Gorellick?

    Open, ethical administration... my ass.
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-06-09 at 05:50 AM.
    I AM DEPLORABLE.

    NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)


Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •