View Poll Results: How do you rate the Obama WH and Congress' performance thus far?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I voted for Obama and I'm pleased

    16 20.00%
  • I voted for Obama and I'm unimpressed

    5 6.25%
  • I voted for Obama and I'm not pleased

    3 3.75%
  • I voted for another and I'm pleased

    2 2.50%
  • I voted for another and I'm unimpressed

    9 11.25%
  • I voted for another and I'm not pleased

    24 30.00%
  • I did not vote and I'm pleased

    2 2.50%
  • I did not vote and I'm unimpressed

    3 3.75%
  • I did not vote and I'm not pleased

    9 11.25%
  • Other (Explain)

    7 8.75%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77

Thread: Rate the administration

  1. #61
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,477

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I would like the pro-abortionists to address scientifically how it is not human life that is being killed in the process of Abortion.
    Why scientifically?

    First Degree Murder Law & Legal Definition

    Under federal law, the government must prove each of the following elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

    * First, the defendant unlawfully killed [victim];

    * Second, the defendant killed [victim] with malice aforethought;
    * Third, the killing was premeditated; and
    * Fourth, the killing occurred at [location stated in indictment].
    Sorry but abortion does not meet the legal standard for 'murder'. It does however meets the religious one. Which is the only one you're pushing for but irrelevant at the end of the day.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #62
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    So you consider a single cell zygote to be a baby?

    I take it you're for shutting down every fertility clinic as they have destroyed thousands of "babies" since the inception of invitro-fertilization?

    Furthermore, I take it you're for shutting down every laboratory that works with human cells since they are "human life?"

    You know adult stem cells die in experiments. Should we shut down those too since it's a risk to "human life?"



    Please dispense with your usual extremist logic and try for once to address my actual point.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  3. #63
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why scientifically?

    First Degree Murder Law & Legal Definition



    Sorry but abortion does not meet the legal standard for 'murder'. It does however meets the religious one. Which is the only one you're pushing for but irrelevant at the end of the day.


    Only the most ignorant and obtuse claim that my reasoning for being pro-life are a religious one.

    Care to point out once where I brought "religion" into the argument?


    Oh wait, you like your strawmen.....


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,477

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Only the most ignorant and obtuse claim that my reasoning for being pro-life are a religious one.


    Care to point out once where I brought "religion" into the argument?
    Right Reverend.

    Morality is a religious invention. So yes. Your reasons for opposition to abortion are rooted in your religious beliefs. Not scientific ones. Otherwise you'd have already agreed that a bunch of cells are NOT a human being regardless of how much you want it to be. My reasons for support of choice is logic. The mere fact that you refer to abortion as 'murder' and 'killing' and are indifferent to the actual definitions of these words is proof enough.

    Oh wait, you like your strawmen.....
    Seems like you're in denial. I hear Amazon is having a great sale on books to fix that.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #65
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Right Reverend.

    Prejudiced bigotry noted

    Morality is a religious invention. So yes. Your reasons for opposition to abortion are rooted in your religious beliefs. Not scientific ones. Otherwise you'd have already agreed that a bunch of cells are NOT a human being regardless of how much you want it to be. My reasons for support of choice is logic. The mere fact that you refer to abortion as 'murder' and 'killing' and are indifferent to the actual definitions of these words is proof enough.

    Please explain to me how abortion is not killing human life, scientifically.

    What "religion" do you think I am btw? What are my beliefs? I would hate for you to look foolish as you usually do by assuming things about people in such a bigoted way.....





    Seems like you're in denial. I hear Amazon is having a great sale on books to fix that.


    Right, tell me what religious conviction of mine specifically made me come to my view on abortion.

    While you are at it. Provide scientific evidence for your position. as usual you FAIL


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,938

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    He's re-authorized the murder of babies for medical research.

    Please quote or link me to the law that now allows babies to be murdered for medical research. I'm sure it'll be useful the next time I'm flying and some annoying one is in front of me wailing and I can just come up with some kind of "research" to do on it.

    Please, lets see the law allowing BABIES to be unlawfully killed.
    You down with TPP?

  7. #67
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rate the administration

    I pretty much had a negative view of Obama during the election season and my views pretty much changed. For Christ sake the man can't even get a simple cabinet together and we are rolling into the third month of his presidency.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #68
    Counselor

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 04:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,856

    Re: Rate the administration

    It is horrible that terrible damage done to the united states by Bush and Cheney, can't be overcome over night.

    Bush F__Ked things up so badLY that some thing may never be corrected.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,477

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Prejudiced bigotry noted
    You mean you're not a Reverend and thus a religious man?

    Please explain to me how abortion is not killing human life, scientifically.
    Appeal to emotion disregarded. I already explained to you why you don't need to explain why abortion is not killing human life. One. For it to be killing or murder it would have to actually fit the definition of murder as described by secular law not whatever definition you want to apply to it.

    What "religion" do you think I am btw?

    What are my beliefs? I would hate for you to look foolish as you usually do by assuming things about people in such a bigoted way.....
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/archiv...post1057526937 (Is there a god?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Is there a god?
    Gods?
    spiritual being?
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    Of course there is.

    Though is there some long bearded being hurling lightning bolts to smite the unbelievers? nope....

    One just has to expand there notion of "god"....
    Now. Are we going to play all day and act like you're not arguing against abortion from a religious perspective? Or are you going to pretend that you only pick and choose which ridiculously essential Christian beliefs you hold on to?

    Right, tell me what religious conviction of mine specifically made me come to my view on abortion.
    Your silly belief that a bunch of cells is the same as a human being. Not only that but your use of clearly vague wording. But let me guess. You only believe that embryos are human life. Not sperm cells, blood cells etc. I'd even venture to guess that if I used these examples of human life(whatever that means) that you'd cry about extremist logic even though you yourself have failed to defined the parameters of wording like 'human life'.

    While you are at it. Provide scientific evidence for your position. as usual you FAIL
    Is this a human being?



    No? Then it is not murder. Thanks for playing! Seriously though. Start seeing somebody for those fail seizures.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #70
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    67,947

    Re: Rate the administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You mean you're not a Reverend and thus a religious man?
    I am a Reverend, yup. and no I won't elaborate because my beliefs have nothing to do with my anti-abortion views.

    what the hell does your question even mean anyway?


    Appeal to emotion disregarded. I already explained to you why you don't need to explain why abortion is not killing human life. One. For it to be killing or murder it would have to actually fit the definition of murder as described by secular law not whatever definition you want to apply to it.

    please to not avoid the question. by not answering it, you show that you know something is wrong here.

    Tell me, scientifically, how aborting a baby is not taking a human life.

    How many requests is this?


    Now. Are we going to play all day and act like you're not arguing against abortion from a religious perspective? Or are you going to pretend that you only pick and choose which ridiculously essential Christian beliefs you hold on to?
    Did you even read what I quoted? You FAIL at debating. you read what I say, make up what you wish i said, and then you argued it. Not once did i say abortionists were going to a mythical hell for thier killing have I? please, stopp dumbing down the debate with moronic strawmen.




    Your silly belief that a bunch of cells is the same as a human being. Not only that but your use of clearly vague wording. But let me guess. You only believe that embryos are human life. Not sperm cells, blood cells etc. I'd even venture to guess that if I used these examples of human life(whatever that means) that you'd cry about extremist logic even though you yourself have failed to defined the parameters of wording like 'human life'.

    lets start at 8 weeks. I have already "compromised" from a scientific standpoint of keeping abortion limited to 8 weeks in another thread. You keep cackling strawmen and red herrings, it is rather dumb.

    Now please answer the question without your sillly distractions.



    Is this a human being?

    [IMGz]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Embryo,_8_cells.jpg[/IMG]

    is that a fertilized egg? then sure is. Though it's ok hatuey, i'll still support your right to kill the human life all the way up to 8 weeks.


    at 8 weeks, it become a fetus. at that point, i do not support abortion.


    note the lack of a jesus or a god in my argument. have any other strawmen or red herrings?





    No? Then it is not murder. Thanks for playing! Seriously though. Start seeing somebody for those fail seizures.


    you have so much fail though. i mean come on. whats the next strawman going to be?
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-17-09 at 05:54 AM.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •