View Poll Results: Should The Obama debate Rush? Will he?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should; He will

    0 0%
  • He should; He will not

    36 40.00%
  • He should not; He will

    0 0%
  • He should not; He will not

    54 60.00%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 136

Thread: Should Obama debate Rush?

  1. #51
    Yuuuuge

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,064

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You say that only because you know that The Obama knows that the facts will crush him.
    Yes, that must be it. You win.

  2. #52
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    01-07-15 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,067

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So, you are critical of The Obama making hay about Rush being the leader of the GOP, etc.

    TheHill.com - White House fires back at Rush Limbaugh
    Of course I am. He should have never acknowledged that blow hard. Bad move, and not because Rush is such a bad ass. But because Rush doesn't deserve attention from the President of the United States.
    Hi. TOGTFO.

  3. #53
    Another day in paradise..
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,004

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Of course I am. He should have never acknowledged that blow hard. Bad move, and not because Rush is such a bad ass. But because Rush doesn't deserve attention from the President of the United States.





    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  4. #54
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I would have been willing to bet that GWB could have wasted any political commentator(even Jon Stewart) if he went on their show and just spilled the beans of what the situation really is out there.
    No, no, no. There's a lot going on in there, sure, but then it's stuff Bush wouldn't have perhaps been allowed to comment on. right? so how could he have "won?"

    Bush was a special case, because his administration, his 8 years in charge, was a complete bait-and-switch operation, in every area. talking about his presidency at all is/was a loser, for him.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    No, no, no. There's a lot going on in there, sure, but then it's stuff Bush wouldn't have perhaps been allowed to comment on. right? so how could he have "won?"

    Bush was a special case, because his administration, his 8 years in charge, was a complete bait-and-switch operation, in every area. talking about his presidency at all is/was a loser, for him.
    Much like how Obama is turning out already.

  6. #56
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 07:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Can any of you who want a debate provide a single precedent?

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    No, no, no. There's a lot going on in there, sure, but then it's stuff Bush wouldn't have perhaps been allowed to comment on. right? so how could he have "won?"

    Bush was a special case, because his administration, his 8 years in charge, was a complete bait-and-switch operation, in every area. talking about his presidency at all is/was a loser, for him.
    Did you miss the part where I said going on these shows is a lose-lose situation, no matter who the President is? Obviously you did. And the reason I stated that was because they can't divulge that information, that would most likely give them the upper hand, when discussing issues with people who have little or no clue about what is actually going on. So it becomes a lose-lose situation, because if they divulge the information to "win the debate", they compromise things like national security and so on. Since they cannot divulge the information, they are in a kicking contest, with one leg cut off. The best they can do, is stay standing.

    I have personal experience in this, not as a President obviously, but in regards to my military job, I was privy to information that cannot be divulged. So if I were to get into a debate with somebody, about the specifics of my job and they didn't have the same clearance(and need to know basis)that I had, they can basically say whatever they want and I have to goosestep over everything I say, so as not to divulge information that is not for general knowledge.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Should Obama debate Rush?
    No, absolutely not. The President should not indulge the whims and desires of anyone.

  9. #59
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 02:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Did you miss the part where I said going on these shows is a lose-lose situation, no matter who the President is? Obviously you did. And the reason I stated that was because they can't divulge that information, that would most likely give them the upper hand, when discussing issues with people who have little or no clue about what is actually going on. So it becomes a lose-lose situation, because if they divulge the information to "win the debate", they compromise things like national security and so on. Since they cannot divulge the information, they are in a kicking contest, with one leg cut off. The best they can do, is stay standing.

    I have personal experience in this, not as a President obviously, but in regards to my military job, I was privy to information that cannot be divulged. So if I were to get into a debate with somebody, about the specifics of my job and they didn't have the same clearance(and need to know basis)that I had, they can basically say whatever they want and I have to goosestep over everything I say, so as not to divulge information that is not for general knowledge.
    my bad. you had said "if he had just spilled the beans." and he couldn't have. now I know what you meant. still, you have more faith in Bush than I. much of the time he just seemed confused. when asked about one thing, he would talk about another. no one like that "wins" any debate, in my view.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  10. #60
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    09-25-16 @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,439
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Obama debate Rush?

    Rush is a pathetic bully and nothing else. You don't deal with a bully by debating them. You stand up to them. I am so glad to finally see this happening. We only have to look at Al Gore and John Kerry to see the results of taking the high ground and ignoring the idiots.

    What I truly don't understand is how Rush and his ilk can say that they want the president to fail but not 6 months ago they were saying that anyone who was against the war in Iraq was against the troop and un-American. In their "minds?" it is not OK to question the need for a war against a country that did not attack us but it is OK to want the president's policies to fail resulting in an economic disaster for our country. I don't understand how such conflicting thought can exist in the same "mind" without their heads exploding. I originally thought Rush was just stupid, but he is showing such an increased level of stupidity that I don't know how he functions in society. If doesn't have enough brain power to see his own hypocrisy, how does he have enough brain power to dress himself?

    So no, the President of the United States should not take time out of trying to solve the huge problems left/caused by the previous administration to debate the likes of Rush Limbaugh. I would be really interested if Rush would debate the president, or anyone, in a true debate. I doubt he would be willing to debate anyone in a venue where he did not have complete control. He wouldn't begin to know what to do if he couldn't cut someone off when they started gaining ground.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •